• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Devil May Cry HD Collection coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One on March 13, 2018

berto

I Saw the Devil
Staff member
I meant any "spacial distortion" effects.
I don't know if there's a more accurate/universal term for it.

The most notable example is when the Marionettes (mistakenly written as "Mannequins" in my previous post) do their "war cry" attack, which causes Dante to be hung up with puppet strings if hit.
In the HD edition, you don't see the distortion.

The same distortion effect is used in the battle with Mundus in the lava pit.
He waves his hands to shoot out a blade but the blade itself is unseen in the HD edition.
Is this on the PS3 or 360? Because I don’t remember the PS3 missing those effects. It’s been a while so I can’t be 100%sure but I’m pretty sure.

Goldsickle

Is this on the PS3 or 360? Because I don’t remember the PS3 missing those effects. It’s been a while so I can’t be 100%sure but I’m pretty sure.
PS3.

I looked it up and I think it doesn't affect the 360 version.
I most definitely have Mundus throwing invisible waves at me.

Sparda's rejected son

Ultra Instinct SSGodBlueX10!
Contributor
Gold Supporter
Well that explains the confusion because I have the 360 version and thus seemingly avoided that mishap. Maybe you can send a tweet to the DMC page about it so that issue won't plauge the PS4 and Xbox One version.
Also am I the only one who thinks DMC4SE wasn't added to this collection because of its recent PS4 and Xbox 1 release?

RedNether

"Good, I finally have your attention."
Well that explains the confusion because I have the 360 version and thus seemingly avoided that mishap. Maybe you can send a tweet to the DMC page about it so that issue won't plauge the PS4 and Xbox One version.
Also am I the only one who thinks DMC4SE wasn't added to this collection because of its recent PS4 and Xbox 1 release?
PS3.

I looked it up and I think it doesn't affect the 360 version.
I most definitely have Mundus throwing invisible waves at me.
You better inform them, no offense, but I'm not interested in having a bug of my copy of the HD Collection for the PS4 when I get it.

Sparda's rejected son

Ultra Instinct SSGodBlueX10!
Contributor
Gold Supporter
Well he doesn't have to but could if he so chooses. Maybe it was just his PS3 copy and nobody else's?

I personally would want a instant save feature like the Mega Man collection games have. "The second Mundus fight killed ya you say? Well no worries! Simply reload your instant save and BAM! You're ready to die again."

DreadnoughtDT

Evil Efficiency Expert
Contributor
Gold Supporter
I tried to pre-order just a bit ago and it says they're unavailable. Sad Toffee...