• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry HD Collection coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One on March 13, 2018

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
ba8a8074b2398c0712f1748ace023990.jpg

The original 3 is being re-released!
And now we have a PC version of DMC3 that doesn't need mods to get working (however i will be missing those switcher mods)!

"So whether you’re a fan of action games, a returning Devil May Cry fan, or just curious about Dante’s legendary original trilogy, you won’t want to miss Devil May Cry HD Collection, coming to PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 13, 2018 both digitally and at retail for $29.99." -CapcomUnity

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...oming-to-pc-ps4-and-xbox-one-on-march-13-2018

Last edited:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Sooooo....
Let's hope it'll be better optimized then the console version from last gen I guess, otherwise I hope modders find ways to make it better optimized.
Still I'm looking forward to it, might get it when it goes on sale for 10 to 15 bucks.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Yes! Yes, yes, yes! Been playing the PS2 versions emulated and upscaled on PC for donkey's years, but I'm really looking forward to checking out the for realz HD versions.

It's been an age since I even looked into the differences in the HD Collection. What else does it bring to the table bar for HD-ness?

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Yes! Yes, yes, yes! Been playing the PS2 versions emulated and upscaled on PC for donkey's years, but I'm really looking forward to checking out the for realz HD versions.

It's been an age since I even looked into the differences in the HD Collection. What else does it bring to the table bar for HD-ness?
It's been a while since I opened it myself. Besides the games, I think there is also a bonus gallery with art.

Erian1Mortal

Premium

Well there is a bonus gallery with art, and that's about it, I really hope they fix DMC1 though... that port was weird in some cutscenes (missing alpha maps and some missing textures if I remember correctly) otherwise I think Modders will take care of that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Damn. Beat me to it.
Anyway. Okami's PS4 port has a lot of improvements over the PS3's HD version, well, a few improvements but they're significant ones. I hope they put a similar effort to make small but significant changes.

Well there is a bonus gallery with art, and that's about it, I really hope they fix DMC1 though... that port was weird in some cutscenes (missing alpha maps and some missing textures if I remember correctly) otherwise I think Modders will take care of that.
There is a story behind that. One that dates back to the original PS2 days.

Last edited:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
There is a story behind that. One that dates back to the original PS2 days.
There is? I always thought they ported an older version of the game instead of the one that was on PS2 originally.
Well at least I got to play the game in it's original speed (Originally played the Pal version, was really a bit slower then the HD collection)
Damn. Beat me to it.
Anyway. Okami's PS4 port has a lot of improvements over the PS3's HD version, well, a few improvements but they're significant ones. I hope they put a similar effort to make small but significant changes.
What exactly is different on the new re-release? (just went looking, didn't find anything)

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is? I always thought they ported an older version of the game instead of the one that was on PS2 originally.
Well at least I got to play the game in it's original speed (Originally played the Pal version, was really a bit slower then the HD collection)
That is the story. When they were archiving the game whoever was in charge accidently erased the final version and used a previous build of the game, an incomplete one, and since that version was the latest build of the game that they had on file it's the one they gave to that company to port to HD.

What exactly is different on the new re-release? (just went looking, didn't find anything)
Players will be able to choose between playing in a modern widescreen format or the original 2007 release’s 4:3 ratio. Interactive loading game screens from the original game are also included, allowing players to earn bonus demon fangs which can be traded for in-game items.

Anyway, DMC3 is fine. I would love for them to add that style change system for the most part the PS3 port of the game was just right, but 2 and 1 need a little work. 2's is simple enough, just move those black bars down to cover the whole screen. DMC1's though, I don't know why they don't just take the data from a PS2 copy of the game and use that for the build. If that is something that can't be done because sony has some kind of protection on their PS2 games than ask Sony to extract it for them. I don't know if it's as simple as that or if it's actually rather impossible and my oversimplified solution is BS but I do hope they make a few alterations, that the reason they took this long to port the games was because they were working on improvements.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
A chance to have DMC1 join DMC4: SE and DmC: DE on my PS4, thus having my all-time favorite Devil May Cry entries in the series playable in their definitive versions on one console?

Yes, please.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Players will be able to choose between playing in a modern widescreen format or the original 2007 release’s 4:3 ratio. Interactive loading game screens from the original game are also included, allowing players to earn bonus demon fangs which can be traded for in-game items.

Oh, good to hear. I only skimmed the article, hopefully this bodes well for the new collection.

Anyway, DMC3 is fine. I would love for them to add that style change system for the most part the PS3 port of the game was just right, but 2 and 1 need a little work. 2's is simple enough, just move those black bars down to cover the whole screen. DMC1's though, I don't know why they don't just take the data from a PS2 copy of the game and use that for the build. If that is something that can't be done because sony has some kind of protection on their PS2 games than ask Sony to extract it for them. I don't know if it's as simple as that or if it's actually rather impossible and my oversimplified solution is BS but I do hope they make a few alterations, that the reason they took this long to port the games was because they were working on improvements.

A style switcher would be awesome, but I unfortunately doubt it. Taking data from a release copy shouldn't be a impossible task, Bluepoint has done that for their HD ports.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Some saying this is a sign of DMCV.
Thought has crossed my mind. People are also saying that the Jak and Daxter collection on PS4 might be a sign of a new game on that franchise. We'll see if that was the case tomorrow.

Hopefully someone mods on the fly weapon switching in.
That was already possible with the PS2 but you needed one of those Action Replay discs or something like it.

Can we pre-order from Amazon yet?
Not yet. I checked this morning.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wait I am confused. Their is a HD release of the 3 games on Xbox 360. Is this the same game just now on PS4?
PS3 and 360, yes. Well... Maybe. There is a remote chance that they'll have some new stuff but pretty safe to say that it's the same HD collection. Kinda surprised you didn't know it existed, it's not exactly a rare game. It's available digitally and physically.

Top Bottom