• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry HD Collection coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One on March 13, 2018

berto

I Saw the Devil
I remember Capcom made a huge deal about the HD collection back when it was being released. They created a website to commemorate the occasion with interviews with people who talked about their memories of the game and information on the history of the franchise.
https://devilmaycry.org/threads/devil-may-cry-memories.10330/
I'm still in Japanese 101 but I think I can translate some of it with more accuracy. I'll give it a try later on, I'm pretty busy this whole week. Finals.

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
PS3 and 360, yes. Well... Maybe. There is a remote chance that they'll have some new stuff but pretty safe to say that it's the same HD collection. Kinda surprised you didn't know it existed, it's not exactly a rare game. It's available digitally and physically.

Oh no I am aware of the 360/ps3 HD version. I own the 360 version as a matter of fact. Rather I am asking if this PS4 HD version and the 360/ps3 HD version are one and the same, which it seems to be. Capcom would be better off throwing in the Special Edition version of DMC4 because why exclude it?

Goldsickle

I hope there are no unforeseen bugs or glitches in the final release.

I don't think they ever fixed that graphic bug where distortions are invisible in the HD edition of the first Devil May Cry.
As a result, the Mannequin's war cry or Mundus's energy wave attack can't be seen.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Apparently this is, in fact the artwork they're distributing around as the official cover.
I don't know if I like it. I didn't care for the PS3 version's but this seems like a release of 3 made by a fan who added the other two pics more than a general collection for all 3 games.
535066.png

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
I mean, I like it a lot better than the previous cover, but I do find it odd that they focused mainly on DMC 3 Dante. Then again, that does seem to be the most liked incarnation of him, but it's still a little odd...
The only thing that really bothers me, however, is how tacky the logo still looks. Oh well, at least it doesn't still have that tacky af "Classics HD" logo. lmao

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, I preordered my copy at my local gamestop but on the subject of the cover I would've really prefer if they used this image:
latest

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Eh, that one's alright.
It's the cover for the Japanese 5 year anniversary release of DMC1 on the PS2 and it never made it to the west. DMC2 had a few and so did DMC3 but we've seen 3's in some way shape or form because the game was popular.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Got my copy preordered and paid off, can't wait to play through the original trilogy again. I may get back into Let's Plays for it

berto

I Saw the Devil
Personally I'm just hoping they don’t do to DMC HD what they did to Okami HD and have them share trophies between the PS3 and 4. I would actually like to earn them again but this time getting photo, too.

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I hope there are no unforeseen bugs or glitches in the final release.

I don't think they ever fixed that graphic bug where distortions are invisible in the HD edition of the first Devil May Cry.
As a result, the Mannequin's war cry or Mundus's energy wave attack can't be seen.

You mean the lighting attack during the flying portion of Mundus's battle?

Goldsickle

You mean the lighting attack during the flying portion of Mundus's battle?
I meant any "spacial distortion" effects.
I don't know if there's a more accurate/universal term for it.

The most notable example is when the Marionettes (mistakenly written as "Mannequins" in my previous post) do their "war cry" attack, which causes Dante to be hung up with puppet strings if hit.
In the HD edition, you don't see the distortion.

The same distortion effect is used in the battle with Mundus in the lava pit.
He waves his hands to shoot out a blade but the blade itself is unseen in the HD edition.

Top Bottom