• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
To bad Capcom decided to put any news about this game away for a long time :/ Oh well. Bloodborne should keep my fix of action games till they finally reveal any of them.

Dominus

To bad Capcom decided to put any news about this game away for a long time :/ Oh well. Bloodborne should keep my fix of action games till they finally reveal any of them.
I'm pretty sure they will show a trailer in the next couple months, according to Gregaman's statement. They're not going to leave this game in the dark until release especially if people are getting hyped about it. But with that being said I think how much we will see in upcoming trailers will ultimately depend on how much they are adding. If they are just adding Vergil + some tweaks (and Turbo mode/LDK), then we'll get little to no trailers, but if they are adding a ton of stuff we will definitely know. I don't know how many times I've mentioned "Capcom should have given DLC for DMC4 it's the only game I'd buy DLC for", so I'll be hyped regardless.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'm pretty sure they will show a trailer in the next couple months, according to Gregaman's statement. They're not going to leave this game in the dark until release especially if people are getting hyped about it. But with that being said I think how much we will see in upcoming trailers will ultimately depend on how much they are adding. If they are just adding Vergil + some tweaks (and Turbo mode/LDK), then we'll get little to no trailers, but if they are adding a ton of stuff we will definitely know. I don't know how many times I've mentioned "Capcom should have given DLC for DMC4 it's the only game I'd buy DLC for", so I'll be hyped regardless.
Dunno. I'm starting to get feeling Capcom don't really cares about DMC4 rerelease and they only did it to justify DmC rerelease and reduce amount of negativity towards it...

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Dunno. I'm starting to get feeling Capcom don't really cares about DMC4 rerelease and they only did it to justify DmC rerelease and reduce amount of negativity towards it...
Yeah. DMC4 SE doesn't even have a release date, and it only got a trailer of like three seconds long. DMC4 SE seems like an afterthought to them, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to see if people want DmC if it's got improved gameplay and DMC skins. They probably think turning DmC into something more DMC-like is going to make it all better. They think fanservice will 'buy people off', so to speak. Never mind that the story is still not at all like the old DMC (and not all that amazing), or that DmC's characters and style are still unlikable to many people. Nooo, Capcom probably thinks the mediocre gameplay is the only reason people didn't like DmC. Something tells me they never learn. They're out of touch with what most fans think and want.

But, that is my negative side speaking. It's usually proved right/mostly right, though. Oh, how great would it be if for once that gut feeling was proved completely wrong? If DMC4 SE actually became a pretty big thing, and DMC5 were in the making? I just want Capcom to return to its heyday, to get back to their senses and stop turning RE into action-horror and turning Devil May Cry into a primarily story-focused game. To bring back their old, successful franchises.
Guess I'll just be an annoying Aragorn for now and say ''there is always hope''.

Meg

I honestly don't think Capcom is treating DMC4: SE as an after thought. Having it at the end of the DmC trailer was pretty epic because it's like: "Hell yeah, check out this new and improved DmC isn't it coo- DMC4 IS BACK BITCHES!!!" I can just picture all the anti-DmC people watching the trailer out of spite and then all of a sudden like: "yeah yeah, improved gameplay. No one cares. Game still sucks. DMC is dea- HOLY FFFFFF!!!!!"

Capcom probably just doesn't want the two games to compete. DmC is coming out in March, right? And DMC4 is coming out in the summer? We'll probably hear more about it once DmC is out. That way they won't be competing for attention.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Capcom went through a great risk with DmC as they wanted to cater to western audiences and it didnt pay off. DmC in fact did ok in the west and poor in the east. My point is that DMC in the past did really good for both western and eastern audience they thought that they should target the west more but because of DmC they lost allot of support in the east so i dont think they are willing to take the risk again with another DmC if there is gonna be another instalment it most likely has to be the old series since it did so well

Gray Knight

I just figure it would be best to relax and sit tight, we don't know anything beyond that trailer, sure we can speculated and hope but it's isn't the best idea to deflate the hype balloons so fast. (

Dominus

I honestly don't think Capcom is treating DMC4: SE as an after thought. Having it at the end of the DmC trailer was pretty epic because it's like: "Hell yeah, check out this new and improved DmC isn't it coo- DMC4 IS BACK BITCHES!!!" I can just picture all the anti-DmC people watching the trailer out of spite and then all of a sudden like: "yeah yeah, improved gameplay. No one cares. Game still sucks. DMC is dea- HOLY FFFFFF!!!!!"

Capcom probably just doesn't want the two games to compete. DmC is coming out in March, right? And DMC4 is coming out in the summer? We'll probably hear more about it once DmC is out. That way they won't be competing for attention.
Yah I don't know where people are getting that DMC4:SE is an after thought. More than anything the fact that all the requested features from fans for DmC are getting added in (to appeal to hardcore fans like lock-on, 60 fps for console, retuned difficutly, getting rid of enemies, CLASSIC Dante costume) screams that Capcom is looking give something back to older fans. I can see people being skeptical because it is Capcom, but the fact that Capcom resurrected a 6 year old game to add more content screams that another DMC game is in development. I will only start getting skeptical of DMC4:SE being an after thought/cash in if no trailers are released for it before release, or if the trailers don't show a lot of content. Because than that implies there probably is not a lot to show...

Reminds me of MGR where there weren't many previews for the game because the base game was lacking in content....

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I try not to consider anyone 'anti-DmC'. They are against games they don't like, sure, but calling them anti-DmC sounds kind of generalizing... almost like they're just anti-DmC for the sake of being against it. Or like it's some kind of movement or group. As though all of them just watch the trailer out of spite. In the end, some people simply don't like DmC, and others do. That's it.

As for Capcom's intent, in the end we just don't know, but I'll remain skeptical. Capcom is Capcom, unless they've somehow finally realized they made some stupid decisions, and should return to DMC if sales are important to them. I'll agree bringing back DMC4 suddenly is quite the timing, but it also makes sense when you see they wanted to release DmC: Definitive Edition. It's only logical they'd want to counterbalance DmC with DMC4 SE to appease people. But yes, I remain hopeful as well. At least those costumes added to DmC is interesting and could mean something. Ergh... I'll just keep my feelings neutral about it for now... speculation doesn't really help right now.

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
I think I'm going to stay hopeful and not jump on the after-though bandwagon.

I'm pretty sure they're going to keep it pretty mysterious until March when the release DmC: DE. They don't want to completely overshadow the game, something I'd bet all my money on that a true trailer for DMC4:SE would do. I'll just wait and see though.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well Ill be sure that Capcom just wanted to prevent crucifying of Definitive edition if DMC4 turns out to be just DMC4 with reskinned Vergil from DMC3 tossed in the game. In that case, it would be obvious. But than again Capcom became as trustworthy as Ubisoft, so I probably keep my hype in check before they reveal more.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think I'm going to stay hopeful and not jump on the after-though bandwagon.

I'm pretty sure they're going to keep it pretty mysterious until March when the release DmC: DE. They don't want to completely overshadow the game, something I'd bet all my money on that a true trailer for DMC4:SE would do. I'll just wait and see though.

Good point there. Hell, even that 10 seconds teaser almost completely overshadowed DmC DE. So I guess you're right.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well Ill be sure that Capcom just wanted to prevent crucifying of Definitive edition if DMC4 turns out to be just DMC4 with reskinned Vergil from DMC3 tossed in the game. In that case, it would be obvious. But than again Capcom became as trustworthy as Ubisoft, so I probably keep my hype in check before they reveal more.

If it is I'm gonna laugh my ass off. Not because of insult, but because I had a feeling Capcom would do some slick **** like that.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ye never know maybe capcom was waiting for next gen for there plans for DMC5 because last gen wouldn't be able to handle it amd DMC4Se is something to occupy us til it's arrival

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ye never know maybe capcom was waiting for next gen for there plans for DMC5 because last gen wouldn't be able to handle it amd DMC4Se is something to occupy us til it's arrival
Forget DMC 4, just give me DMC 5 if that's really what's on their mind.

RebeledgeYamato

I've said in the past that Devil May Cry 5 should be about the parents of Dante and Vergil. We could get an origin story and the reasoning for Sparda's disappearance. Who would write it though? since Bingo Morihashi left Capcom after DMC4 and he has a knack for writing stories involving japanesey cheeky action characters. He went on to write for Bayonetta 2.

Top Bottom