• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Everybody please just relax, okay? DragonMaster never said it wasn't actual gameplay. He said he didn't like the look of the gameplay. The video wasn't his thing. That doesn't mean he needs to be jumped on for not liking it or be told he can't/shouldn't post in the DMC 4 section. This entire thread is made up of a lot more than just a combat video. Let's not turn this into an argument over something so small.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Drama!? Without me!? Nonsense!

Anyway, I've just noticed that in all these gameplay vids, screenshots and gifs, everyone has the same amount of health. Rofl, no one wants to do the secret missions for the last three health segments.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Drama!? Without me!? Nonsense!

Anyway, I've just noticed that in all these gameplay vids, screenshots and gifs, everyone has the same amount of health. Rofl, no one wants to do the secret missions for the last three health segments.

Why should they. Vergil is already OP. With him people can clear DMD with the starting health.

The Good Gentleman

DMC4SE sold a total of 47,246 copies on PS4 in Japan.

cjs.gif

R.I.P., Devil May Cry. Here's a coin, for the ferryman.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Wow... don't get upset over an inoffensive post. There was nothing said that was worth getting angry for.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
*pokes head around the corner*

I must've heard my name somewhere. Funny that.

Anyhow. Eh, seems some view it that way, others don't. No harm in somebody making the judgement for themself. I can see why it might be getting 'irritating' or whatever when "DMC is dead" ('?' or no ?) keeps cropping up around the place, but, well...I'd say the only thing that gets annoying about it is the arguing over whether it's something we should only be viewing as an opinion or a fact.

And we know there's a clear difference between the two (I'm not thinking about any particular discussion that I had today).

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Calm down before you fall down.
Wow Japan is just... not doing well all over the place lately. Not just with the gaming market, but the international one, too.

Anyway, I'll calm down when I see another DMC game. Whether it be the Classic series or an entirely new reboot that stays "more faithful" to the series (i.e. Spider-Man's appearance in CapAm: Civil War).

The Good Gentleman

I'd say the only thing that gets annoying about it is the arguing over whether it's something we should only be viewing as an opinion or a fact.

I'd like to call it a factually reinforced opinion. Because it's fact that less than 50k units is a catastrophic loss. Japan only. And most big companies tend to not invest further into catastrophic losses. But since nothing is written in stone yet, it's still an opinion. ;)

The Good Gentleman

I find it pretty adorable how the "real" devil may cry fans on GFaqs and NeoGaf are completely in-denial about DmC's sales.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
EDIT: so this is old news i just didn't know till now

well i don't know if anyone posted this yet but
or if its old news already but
according to the latest art book Nero is Vergil's biological son

my source http://lassisolet0020.tumblr.com/post/107390305981/devil-may-cry-confirmation-that-vergil-is-neros

this person has a pic of the artbook and they claim's the translated text confirm's this

this pic and text are taken from the link

tumblr_inline_nhso3qEfkS1r9jnsn.jpg

ネロ​

魔剣教団において` 対悪魔の任務を司る教団​

騎士に所属する青年。 実はバージルの息子。​

斜に構えた性格と口の悪さが災いし` 周囲か​

らは孤立。 そのため、 教団騎士のなかでも「汚​

れ仕事」を命じられることが多い。 彼自身単独​

任務を好み、 もっぱらひとりで任務に当たっ​

ている。 その実力は高く丶 騎士長クレドや周​

囲からも一目置かれる存在である。 なお彼の​

右腕は、 悪の腕に変質している。​

“実はバージルの息子” Translation: He is Vergil’s biological son.​

Source of translation: my cousin​

so if this person is right
as far as the art book is concerned Nero is Vergil's son

if someone wants to make this its own thread go right a head
i'm not up to it myself

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well at least we can say DmC finally sold more then a classic Devil May Cry game.

But this is only in like its first month or so. It's still feels too early to give up hope yet.
Actually, I think councils are not selling all that well in Japan so 50 thou in Japan is pretty good. How much did DmC sell in Japan on the PS4?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I love the PS4. You can always capture a cool moment.
Devil_May_Cry_4_Special_Edition_20150701211042.jpg
Didn't show up on my end.

well i don't know if anyone posted this yet but
or if its old news already but
according to the latest art book Nero is Vergil's biological son

my source http://lassisolet0020.tumblr.com/post/107390305981/devil-may-cry-confirmation-that-vergil-is-neros

this person has a pic of the artbook and they claim's the translated text confirm's this

this pic and text are taken from the link

tumblr_inline_nhso3qEfkS1r9jnsn.jpg

ネロ​

魔剣教団において` 対悪魔の任務を司る教団​

騎士に所属する青年。 実はバージルの息子。​

斜に構えた性格と口の悪さが災いし` 周囲か​

らは孤立。 そのため、 教団騎士のなかでも「汚​

れ仕事」を命じられることが多い。 彼自身単独​

任務を好み、 もっぱらひとりで任務に当たっ​

ている。 その実力は高く丶 騎士長クレドや周​

囲からも一目置かれる存在である。 なお彼の​

右腕は、 悪の腕に変質している。​

“実はバージルの息子” Translation: He is Vergil’s biological son.​

Source of translation: my cousin​

so if this person is right
as far as the art book is concerned Nero is Vergil's son

if someone wants to make this its own thread go right a head
i'm not up to it myself

Yeah its been posted, and it caused a major war

Actually, I think councils are not selling all that well in Japan so 50 thou in Japan is pretty good. How much did DmC sell in Japan on the PS4?
I think it was 100k.

Top Bottom