• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Spiritual successor!
I'm talking about another spiritual successor. A completely new one. A game that, if powered by crowdfunding, we'll finally be able to get all the features we actually asked for.

Back on-topic:

It's selling well enough for me. The real numbers should be in by next month.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Silly rabbits. Optimism is for....rabbits!

Do you know what Helix Geno does to rabbits? >:3

13382238_9627_1024x2000.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm not optimistic. I'm being 100% pragmatic here.

Either Capcom drops Classic DMC or they reluctantly develop a sequel in the far future. It really doesn't make a difference to me either way.

They're not going to risk the ire of the fans (again) by greenlighting another reboot.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Guys, it's not the physical copies that are supposed to sell well. Resident Evil REmake HD had physical copies in Japan as well, but the bulk of its success came from digital downloads...and became the best-selling Capcom game on PSN, showing a great deal of response to what the consumer wanted.

You want to give a message to Capcom? Get busy with that downloading.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
I've been enjoying playing the SE for PS4 so far. All bringing back memoires from when I first had it in 2008. However, I find some of the cinematic backgrounds blurred? Did I read a thread or post on here about that matter, or is it just me, or am I going mad?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I've been enjoying playing the SE for PS4 so far. All bringing back memoires from when I first had it in 2008. However, I find some of the cinematic backgrounds blurred? Did I read a thread or post on here about that matter, or is it just me, or am I going mad?

No it's not you. DMC4SE runs on a modified version of vanilla DMC4's MT Framework. They added filters like Blur and Motion Blur to the game.

I wish they didn't, cause in a fast paced game like DMC, they're not pleasant to the eye. You can disable those effects on PC via hex-editing the exe file, but sadly you can't disable them in console version in any way.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
No it's not you. DMC4SE runs on a modified version of vanilla DMC4's MT Framework. They added filters like Blur and Motion Blur to the game.

I wish they didn't, cause in a fast paced game like DMC, they're not pleasant to the eye. You can disable those effects on PC via hex-editing the exe file, but sadly you can't disable them in console version in any way.

Thanks for that information... Puts my mind a rest, aha!

Hopefully, if DMC5 ever gets made, that it won't end up being digital-only.

Agree! It should do though, dw! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Okay. The #1 balance mistake the dev team did with this game? Making Lunar Phase aerial.

It's almost hilarious how easily you can carve through any enemy or boss by just spamming trick cancel and lunar phase. About the only exceptions to this are Blitzes.

Because **** Blitzes.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
For all you combo freaks out there here's a combo video for you to use for educational purposes.

Enjoy.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
There was no other way to end Vergil's story, now that I think about it.

Yeah there was. As Vergil is leaving the town, and the shadow is cast, we pan back to the tower where Sanctus is as he looks out the broken in window and see him holding a baby with white hair. He then says, "who was that mysterious man? To hand over an infant...though I must digress. You might be of use to me in the coming days...Nero."

There ya go.

Top Bottom