• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition for Next Gen

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
DMC4SE sold a total of 47,246 copies on PS4 in Japan.

cjs.gif

R.I.P., Devil May Cry. Here's a coin, for the ferryman.

Oh no, again with the "DMC is dead" crap. Sigh... are you going to come up with this every week? No, tell me, so that I can prepare a joke in time.

And oh look, once again you bring only Japan and PS4 sales as "proof". Looks like @WolfOD64 is the one with some sense here. You could use some, Gentleman. LOL

EDIT: to be clear, I'm not saying no one can say DMC franchise is dead. BUT you need more than just Japan and PS4 data to back it up. And frankly, as of now, saying it's dead is one hell of a jump in the dark of a statement to make.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I agree with Foxtrot.

These are only the sales in JAPAN on its FIRST MONTH. It's still a bit too early to say whether or not DMC is dead. Who knows, maybe for TGS Capcom will surprise us. We still need international sales before we can rule anything out.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The 'DMC is dead' discussion has been done (to death) and doesn't have any place here. I've said it once, I'll say it again, take it back to DMC General Discussion. That's where it was and belongs. This is to discuss DMC 4: Special Edition. Not to make the focus point the future of DMC.

I'm starting to get tired of saying the same thing over and over again.

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
The 'DMC is dead' discussion has been done (to death) and doesn't have any place here. I've said it once, I'll say it again, take it back to DMC General Discussion. That's where it was and belongs. This is to discuss DMC 4: Special Edition. Not to make the focus point the future of DMC.

I'm starting to get tired of saying the same thing over and over again.

It's funny how some people seem to get offended, just downight ****ed off that I merely point out that the numbers aren't looking favorable. And numbers, friends...

BXTL1qiCIAAT33H.jpg

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
No you didn't do that. You jumped to a pretty long shot conclusion based on insufficient and inadequate data in an even more inadequate time to do it.
Considering sales trends, no, I don't jump to conclusions. In fact, you are the one jumping to conclusions for actually thinking it still has a living chance after these sales.

I'm not a businessman by any means, but even I wholly understand that when something sells really, really poorly, it's a really, really stupid idea to invest it in further. And Capcom has a trend in not investing in things that even sell well. They expect each and every investment to be dynamite, so they can milk the crap out of it for more cash. Anything less, they consider a failure. It's part of what makes them complete idiots - that they have no imagination or faith in their own brands. But it's also why this is a cold hard truth that you simply refuse to accept: DMC is probably, very likely, very dead. Like, 80% chance. That's eight toes in a grave.

And let's not even get into the lukewarm reviews, which most definitely aren't helping sales...

Instead of denying that 80% exists, you flat earth atheist!, put faith in the 20% and hope that they too will put a little bit of faith in it. That's all you've got. Hope that the last two toes are strong enough to stay out of the box.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
I'm just gonna say, DMC4SE probably sold at least 100k copies. It's confirmed that it sold 40k in Japan and 35-45k on PC in general.

Top Bottom