• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

deathstroke on batfleck's?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The suit looks a little bulky, but I'll get used to it.

The rest all looks good though. :thumbsup:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Interesting the idea the article suggests, that Matt Damon could be under Deathstroke's mask. I wouldn't dislike that.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Deathstroke in a movie? That's nice.

But if DC somehow screws up the Wonder Woman movie, I'm done with their films and won't even give two frozen dick spurts about Justice League.

I'm also gonna go burn their movie studio to the ground.

So, yea. Good luck DC. But if you screw up Wonder Woman, you're dead.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
costume looks legit. i wanna be excited, but the DCEU is 1 for 3 right now. MoS was amazing...then they made 2 really bad movies after that. so i'm nervous. also deathstroke is a REALLY easy character to mess up. just ask arrow...and smallville...and the teen titans animated series...and young justice...and batman & son...so basically every time he's been adapted from the comics, he's been butchered. so i hope this doesn't follow that trend. however, i WILL say, the costume is LEGIT

Last edited:

DDutchguy

DmC hype
The DC cinematic universe is a mixed bag, but that costume looks really legit. I'm getting carefully hyped.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Though I've been personally disappointed with how DC's handled their universe, I can't help but get hyped whenever they make a new announcement.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Hope it's n0t cause they're jelly about Deadpool's movie, specially since Deadpool was created as a Deathstroke parody.
What I mean by that is, I heard someone say, in his opinion. In regards to the Wonder Woman movie, DC had been dodging around the idea of a WW film for years now and now they're finally getting around to it. In his opinion, it's not so much because they have a script or a story that is worth while. But it's his worry they're only doing it to say they made beat Marvel in making a film with a solo super-heroine movie first, and the script could be mediocre, but they just wanna say they did it first.
So I'm thinking, if they did this with Deathstroke, is it just to compete with Deadpool?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@AgentRedgrave
Competition is always what drives the blockbuster industry. Unless we're talking about an authorial blockbuster movie but there's none out there in the superhero genre aside from the Dark Knight trilogy.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
@AgentRedgrave
Competition is always what drives the blockbuster industry. Unless we're talking about an authorial blockbuster movie but there's none out there in the superhero genre aside from the Dark Knight trilogy.
I understand that, I'm just hoping some care is actually going into making the film. Rather then just pumping them out and not caring about the quality, simply for a quick buck and/or bragging rights. I mean come on, DC gave us The Dark Knight Trilogy, one of the greatest trilogies in not just the superhero genre, but in film period.
So DC is capable

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Dark Knight Trilogy, one of the greatest trilogies in not just the superhero genre, but in film period.
So DC is capable
The Dark Knight Rises holds the trilogy back from being great. That film was garbage.

Probably the Captain America trilogy is the best in the superhero genre with all the films being good-great.

But if we really wanted to narrow it down to one, maybe the greatest trilogy of all time is the Back to the Future trilogy.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
The Dark Knight Rises holds the trilogy back from being great. That film was garbage.
The Dark Knight Rises is the weakest of the trilogy, still an awesome movie though.
Probably the Captain America trilogy is the best in the superhero genre with all the films being good-great.
Cap's trilogy would be on par with The Dark Knight trilogy if it wasn't for First Avenger being 'pretty good' as opposed to 'absolutely amazing' like Winter Soldier and Civil War
But if we really wanted to narrow it down to one
We don't want to, I believe my exact line was "one of the greatest trilogies of all time' not "The greastest trilogy of all time".

Anywho, my main point was DC should be capable of producing great movies.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I understand that, I'm just hoping some care is actually going into making the film.

Oh I get that. Although I wouldn't expect a movie that goes beyond the action packed blockbuster, like the Nolan movies did. But then again, probably an unfair comparison. Christopher Nolan is Christopher Nolan after all. To be honest I've never seen a Ben Affleck directed movie, and since a lot of how the movie is gonna be approached depends on what kind of director you are and how you relate with the producer, I can't comment beyond what I just said.

However, it seems Ben is passionate about it and seems to care. That should be a good sign at least.

Cap's trilogy would be on par with The Dark Knight trilogy if it wasn't for First Avenger being 'pretty good' as opposed to 'absolutely amazing' like Winter Soldier and Civil War

And if it wasn't for their nature of action packed entertaining blockbusters. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were something beyond just that.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Oh I get that. Although I wouldn't expect a movie that goes beyond the action packed blockbuster, like the Nolan movies did. But then again, probably an unfair comparison. Christopher Nolan is Christopher Nolan after all. To be honest I've never seen a Ben Affleck directed movie, and since a lot of how the movie is gonna be approached depends on what kind of director you are and how you relate with the producer, I can't comment beyond what I just said.
You should check some of his films out, he's pretty good.

And if it wasn't for their nature of action packed entertaining blockbusters. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were something beyond just that.
Kinda unfair man, Cap's movies yes are more fun and action packed.
But they still had great performances and were driven by character.
One of the things I love about both The Dark Knight AND Civil War was how it can be argued in both films that the villain won

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The Dark Knight Rises is the weakest of the trilogy, still an awesome movie though.
"Awesome" is way too strong a word. Seriously, it's just a bad movie. Nolan is not the masterful perfectionist people claim he is. He can dish out some stinkers like every other director. His latest one Interstellar was also bad for example.

I've never seen a Ben Affleck directed movie,
Affleck has three films under his belt he directed, and they are all pretty good. He's a kickass director and will actually bring some talent to the DCEU unlike hacks like Snyder.

Top Bottom