• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (DmC) vs. Nero

Who would win in a battle?

• Dante

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Nero

Votes: 42 40.4%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Also, Nero has displayed better stamina and here is why and how.

All of the events of DMC4 have happened in sequential order with no time skips or breaks. Meaning that after Nero fought and brutalized Dante, he went to fight more demons than fight Berial and beat him, fight more demons and fought Bael and beat him, fought Agnus, got stabbed and knocked out, awaken his DT, go to fight more demons, fight Echinda and beat her, fight Credo beat him, then fight Agnus and beat him, fight Dante again and even though he was bested (NOT DEFEATED BESTED), then face Sanctus and the Savior and later fights a powered up Sanctus and wins and still had enough energy to crush the Savior's face.

Meaning Nero did all of this in like less than a day..maybe even a couple hours.

DmC Dante in the course of DmC fought the Hunter then the next day he went to his old house and fought demons then the next day(s) he fought demons in the Virility Factory and fought Succubus, then the next day fought Bob then went back to fight some demons then the next day went to Lilith's club to fight her and her baby, and the next day advanced to Mundus through his minions to fight him with Vergil's help and later after like a hour passed fought Vergil. Dante had time to rest up for each fight and Nero only had like one moment when he was trapped in the Savior for like half an hour.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Dante can basically stop time and take controll of the world around him with his DT, and cut them into little tiny pieces before they can even hit the ground. And its not even at its full potential yet. I think a devil/angel would be able to best a random decendant, even if he is a decendant of sparda.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Dante can basically stop time and take controll of the world around him with his DT, and cut them into little tiny pieces before they can even hit the ground. And its not even at its full potential yet. I think a devil/angel would be able to best a random decendant, even if he is a decendant of sparda.

But yet Vergil can move perfectly fine in his DT limbo controlled world and Kat can even move fine too (as shown in the Dante vs Vergil fight).

Being half demon and half angel doesn't mean anything here considering Dante's heritage in DmC isn't really special because Sparda and Eva in DmC are basically fodder and irrelevant....granted Eva was a human but geez Sparda was so uber powerful that anyone who has his DNA/blood became powerful by default meaning Nero is already above DmC Dante in terms of power granted heritage.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
But yet Vergil can move perfectly fine in his DT limbo controlled world and Kat can even move fine too (as shown in the Dante vs Vergil fight).

Being half demon and half angel doesn't mean anything here considering Dante's heritage in DmC isn't really special because Sparda and Eva in DmC are basically fodder and irrelevant....granted Eva was a human but geez Sparda was so uber powerful that anyone who has his DNA/blood became powerful by default meaning Nero is already above DmC Dante in terms of power granted heritage.
With Vergil and Kat being able to move around easily, I'm assuming that Dante can controll who moves and who doesn't. Remember that Dante's DT gives him full controll of the enviornment, not to mention making him uber powerfull.

And Sparda in DmC has yet to be explored, so it would be best not to say such things until we really know. For all we know DmC sparda could be a thousand fold more powerful then that of the original. I have a feeling that Sparda wasn't simply overpowered by Mundus and sent to hell, something must have forced him to give in.

And Eva hasn't been explored either.

seraphmaycry

With Vergil and Kat being able to move around easily, I'm assuming that Dante can controll who moves and who doesn't. Remember that Dante's DT gives him full controll of the enviornment, not to mention making him uber powerfull.

And Sparda in DmC has yet to be explored, so it would be best not to say such things until we really know. For all we know DmC sparda could be a thousand fold more powerful then that of the original. I have a feeling that Sparda wasn't simply overpowered by Mundus and sent to hell, something must have forced him to give in.

mundus has godmode hacks so sparda could have enough power to destroy the universe and we might never know gotta agree with you here

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

It was never cleared how Dante's DT works so blame NT's inconsistency on that one.

The old Sparda was able to defeat Mundus who was already immortal without a hell gate and only died because he lost his power after sealing away Temen-ni-Gru and still lived for 2000 years in which he defeated and sealed away another demon king without his own power. If DmC Sparda was so powerful he wouldn't have ran away from his problems like a B*TCH and became Mundus's prison b*tch so easily.

Plus DmC Dante, have yet to display any strong durability or regen abilities like Dante or Nero...I mean Vergil almost died from a simple stab wound.

DmC Vergil: Ohhh the pain...I think I'm going to die...XP

Nero: MAN THE F*CK UP!!! I got stabbed by a mechanical demon sword 10x bigger than the tree whacker your brother calls a sword and you don't see me b*tching about it.

Plus even when they were fighting Vergil really still didn't seem affected by the DT...plus never heard of DT explosion...it was used in the cutscene when Nero activated his DT for the first time. With it Nero/even Dante can negate any binding abilities and break free so he can easily break out of Dante's DT with his own.

Plus Dante's DT doesn't last long or it ends quickly and Nero still rapes without his DT.

EvilX-81

DmC Vergil: Ohhh the pain...I think I'm going to die...XP

Nero: MAN THE F*CK UP!!! I got stabbed by a mechanical demon sword 10x bigger than the tree whacker your brother calls a sword and you don't see me b*tching about it.

Granted though it's because he was fortunate enough to be nearby Yamato to get a powerboost to survive it.

This brings up a vexing question though; if getting stabbed through the heart at full power by another demon of your equal can't mortally wound you, what can?? Do they need to be put through a meat grinder or completely vaporized?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Granted though it's because he was fortunate enough to be nearby Yamato to get a powerboost to survive it.

This brings up a vexing question though; if getting stabbed through the heart at full power by another demon of your equal can't mortally wound you, what can?? Do they need to be put through a meat grinder or completely vaporized?

So what Vergil had his Yamato next to him and already unlocked DT where is his great durability.

I think beheading can kill them.....they'll probably squirm for a while before clocking out.

EvilX-81

So what Vergil had his Yamato next to him and already unlocked DT where is his great durability.

Vergil looked like he was going to be okay after Dante stabbed him, but took an unknown amount of time to succumb to his wound, while Nero was out like a light. Granted though that Nero's wound was much larger.

I think beheading can kill them.....they'll probably squirm for a while before clocking out.

DMC3 Dante bisected Vergil through the waist which barely seemed to slow him down, and was up and fighting sometime later. If beheading works, it'll probably need to be done with a chainsaw because their healing factor is more OP than comicbook Wolverine's, they heal complete cuts albeit instantly.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh stuff all you Nero-haters!!
Please

This
tumblr_mgoyju0XSs1r61syyo6_250.gif

tumblr_mgoyju0XSs1r61syyo7_250.gif

tumblr_mgoyju0XSs1r61syyo9_250.gif

tumblr_mfoahgJGXe1qhqpozo1_500.gif
tumblr_mhvebdv4cp1rblqwco1_400.gif

tumblr_mgdw92Vf8A1rqbr7yo1_500.gif
You realize that Nero would just DB Dante's ass out of all those combos, right?
Dante's got dodge, Nero's got side roll.
Dante can get dressed in the time span it takes for him to leap through his trailer that had just been yanked away. Nero can reload his gun in one simple spin of the heel.
Dante's got whips and stuff to pull him toward/pull enemies toward him.
Nero's got the DB to pull him toward/pull enemies toward him. Oh, yeah, and he can then pound them into the ground with it, too.
Dante collects devil arms after defeating enemies. Nero's DB absorbs enemies' powers after battle.
Nero can block attacks with the DB. Dante has no royal guard.

And let's not forget that Nero is a streetwise punk trained to be a knight whereas Dante's just a streetwise punk with a bad attitude.

Nero wins, hands down.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
I respectfully disagree with my honored colleague.

I believe that new Dante's speed, agility, teleportation abilities and weapons far outclass Nero.

Speed: New Dante, with or without the whip, is able to cross city blocks in record speed

Agility: New Dante can stay aloft longer, jump higher, dodge in midair and switch weapons in midair. Nero can...jump.

Teleportation abilities: Though not as good as his brother, Dante's teleportation ability (Angel Dodge) allows him to cover vast areas and get out of harms way before the enemy can react.

Weapons: Dante has 3 guns, 2 angel weapons, 2 demonic weapons and Rebellion to Nero's 1 gun, Red Queen and Yamato.

Dante's shotgun and Kablooey appear to have much more stopping power than the Blue Rose, and all three are more versatile. Dante's angel weapons appear to be faster than Nero's Red Queen, although slower than a properly used Yamato. His Eryx weapon managed to knock down a living city, something none of the weapons in Nero's arsenal have been able to do.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dante's shotgun and Kablooey appear to have much more stopping power than the Blue Rose, and all three are more versatile. Dante's angel weapons appear to be faster than Nero's Red Queen, although slower than a properly used Yamato. His Eryx weapon managed to knock down a living city, something none of the weapons in Nero's arsenal have been able to do.
If it came down to a game play match between DmC Dante and Nero, would anyone actually really use any of the guns?
And let's not forget that Nero does have Yamato, which can block Dante's bullets, as DMC3 Vergil demonstrated.
And you forgot to mention Nero's devil bringer.

EvilX-81

If it came down to a game play match between DmC Dante and Nero, would anyone actually really use any of the guns?

Between Nero's charge shot and Dante's ricoshot, kablooey, or reverant bomb? Why not? Be crazy to neglect all those OP attacks.

But no, I don't think it's correct that because Vergil is fast in how he uses Yamato, thus Nero is equally speedy. I don't think either one has the speed to block bullets IMO. Do think Nero wins, but it'd be a good fight. Nero has the superior brute force, but Dante has a formidable amount of power and the variation to make him work for the win.

Zato-OW

King
This poll has to be a April fools joke. Honestly, Nero from everything he has done in DMC4 compared to this new Dante in DmC then its not even a close battle. Nero would destroy this version of Dante. Also, why are people trying to discuss this through game play. That like trying to say that DMC3 Dante would own DMC1 Dante because DMC3 Dante has shown to do more through his game play in that version...

ChaserTech

This poll has to be a April fools joke. Honestly, Nero from everything he has done in DMC4 compared to this new Dante in DmC then its not even a close battle. Nero would destroy this version of Dante. Also, why are people trying to discuss this through game play. That like trying to say that DMC3 Dante would own DMC1 Dante because DMC3 Dante has shown to do more through his game play in that version...

This poll was made way before April Fools.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I respectfully disagree with my honored colleague.

I believe that new Dante's speed, agility, teleportation abilities and weapons far outclass Nero.

Speed: New Dante, with or without the whip, is able to cross city blocks in record speed

Agility: New Dante can stay aloft longer, jump higher, dodge in midair and switch weapons in midair. Nero can...jump.

Teleportation abilities: Though not as good as his brother, Dante's teleportation ability (Angel Dodge) allows him to cover vast areas and get out of harms way before the enemy can react.

Weapons: Dante has 3 guns, 2 angel weapons, 2 demonic weapons and Rebellion to Nero's 1 gun, Red Queen and Yamato.

Having more doesn't make you better for when Nero fought Dante, Dante at the time only had Rebellion and his guns versus Nero who had his gun, sword, Yamato, and the Devil Bringer and Dante still whooped his ass.

Don't give me that experience lip for Nero have better combat experience than Donte for Donte self trained himself through various encounters with demons while Nero had professional training from the general of the Order of the Sword and he even surpassed him in sword combat too.

Nero's gun are stronger too as he personally designed them to pierce almost any demonic skin and damage demons more effectively than even Dante's Ebony & Ivory.

As for speed Nero got the drop on Dante...NERO BLITZED DANTE!!! Plus Nero has the side step ability that allows him to dodge attacks instantaneously and follow up quite easily with a counter attack. So as for speed, Nero has Donte beat.

Aerial combat....Donte can't stay in the air forever or even that long really...all he can do is glide for like a few seconds before dropping to the ground and there is no enemy to jump cancel or pull so he loses those advantages and its not like he can teleport up to an enemy like his brother. JUMP HIGHER??? Donte's double jump is barely an extra jump as for Nero's double jump due to concentrating magical energy to his feet he can jump much higher.

As for defense, Nero has displayed great amounts of defense and methods of defense while Donte has shown none and his durability is very lacking compared to Nero (the dude was about to be killed by Mundus with his own BARE HANDS........some durability).

As for abilities, Donte does have a wider moveset but its about quality vs quantity having more options of attacking doesn't make you stronger just more diverse. Its how you use those abilities and how those abilities pay off and for the most part Nero can counter what Donte throws at him.

Rebellion-

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Rebellion-Nero has fought Dante and is an overall better swordsmen than Donte so his tricks won't phase Nero at all. Plus Nero's Red Queen and even Yamato are better than the metal stick Donte has.

Eryx and Arbiter-are literally slow weapons with very little attacks at all. Nero can easily counter Eryx's attacks with DB as he counter attacks from big bad demons like Berial and even a direct full powered strike from Sanctus using Sparda (Or can that is). He can catch the axe head from the Flush move and throw it back even faster like he did (Or can do) to Credo's spears.

Osiris-though very fast and agile is very weak and won't do enough damage and some/most of Osiris's attacks do leave Donte open when he performs them which leaves him open for Nero to strike him too and Nero's arsenal of moves are rather very quick and doesn't leave him open.

Aguila-one of the few weapons in Donte's arsenal that actually pose a threat to Nero but moves like Twister and Round Trip are actually pretty slow when activated and Donte makes it obvious when he is about to use them too giving Nero chance to react to the attacks. Plus even if Donte catches Nero with that one move that drags them closer to him he can break out with DT explosion.

E&I-pfffttttt hahaha..not even the Ricoshot won't display much effect as Vergil in his fight with Donte was able to counteract that and even those demons with the shields were capable of blocking it.

Revenant & Kablooey-the only weapons Nero should be looking out for as due to being guns and are actually more effective than E&I (but hey if Nero can dodge shots from Dante's E&I so easily dodging actually slower to shoot guns shouldn't be harder) but Donte should look out for Nero's Blue Rose as the 2 guns are practically the same in use with the exception of the Fireworks move but guns are much weaker in DmC compared to DMC (both gameplay and story wise I mean high level demons could be brought down and killed in the DMC games with a simple bullet from standard handguns but in DmC you have yet to see a demon killed in a cutscene......well there was Bob....and Lilith...and her baby). Fact is guns are less special and less powerful in DmC compared to DMC.

Top Bottom