• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (DmC) vs. Nero

Who would win in a battle?

• Dante

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Nero

Votes: 42 40.4%

• Total voters

Railazel

Can I make the point that Dante can't use his powers in the real world and that physics don't apply in Limbo? Thus you can't properly measure Dante's base strength nor speed since, in the real world, he's basically human with the ability to heal.

Therefore, the only way I can see this fight being fair is if the fight took place in Limbo but there's no way to tell whether Nero is actually able to enter in there.

Even if that was the case, Dante's stength is multiplied in there (from being human to super- human). So, of course, Nero's strength would have to be multiplied too, which would make his durability, speed, and strength almost god- like.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Can I make the point that Dante can't use his powers in the real world and that physics don't apply in Limbo? Thus you can't properly measure Dante's base strength nor speed since, in the real world, he's basically human with the ability to heal.

Therefore, the only way I can see this fight being fair is if the fight took place in Limbo but there's no way to tell whether Nero is actually able to enter in there.

Even if that was the case, Dante's stength is multiplied in there (from being human to super- human). So, of course, Nero's strength would have to be multiplied too, which would make his durability, speed, and strength almost god- like.

But Limbo calapsed into the real world. Meaning Dante's got all his strength from Limbo into the real world.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Which would still give Nero the advantage.

as appose to someone who was able to drop a demon god.

Yeah Nero crushed the savior's head, but I also remember that the savior was weakened greatly with the loss of Sparda powering it, thus making it easier for Nero to finish it. Plus while in the savior, Sanctus couldn't fully awaken Sparda's full power because he had no kind heart, thus making it easier for Nero.

Meanwhile Mundus only lost his immortality. He was still a demon king, and Dante killed him.

ChaserTech

as appose to someone who was able to drop a demon god.

Yeah Nero crushed the savior's head, but I also remember that the savior was weakened greatly with the loss of Sparda powering it, thus making it easier for Nero to finish it. Plus while in the savior, Sanctus couldn't fully awaken Sparda's full power because he had no kind heart, thus making it easier for Nero.

Meanwhile Mundus only lost his immortality. He was still a demon king, and Dante killed him.

Don't know why people keep using "titles" as an excuse of how strong a person is. It's like saying Goku can't beat Broly just because he was a Legendary Super Saiyan. (which he did)

Also, the Hellgate didn't just give him immortality. He practically drew almost infinite power from it. When Vergil cut the power source off, it dramatically weakened him.

And also, even though the Savior was weakened, it still doesn't change the fact that he was able to crush the face of the golem. Which takes a tremendous amount of pressure from his spectral arm.

Nessy

Don't know why people keep using "titles" as an excuse of how strong a person is. It's like saying Goku can't beat Broly just because he was a Legendary Super Saiyan. (which he did)

Also, the Hellgate didn't just give him immortality. He practically drew almost infinite power from it. When Vergil cut the power source off, it dramatically weakened him.

And also, even though the Savior was weakened, it still doesn't change the fact that he was able to crush the face of the golem. Which takes a tremendous amount of pressure from his spectral arm.

you are a comicvine poster i imagine. Or at least animevice

ChaserTech

you are a comicvine poster i imagine. Or at least animevice

Nope. This is literally the first time I've sat down and discussed why 1 character is stronger than another. I don't normally read Marvel/DC comics and I specifically read One Piece in terms of manga.

Railazel

He was still a demon king, and Dante killed him.

But Dante didn't fight Mundus directly neither did he fight him alone. First of all, Vergil was the one who stabbed Mundus in the back and told Dante where his weakness was. Then there's the fact that Dante only fought a shell. Mundus himself was done in in one slash.

And you still forget what I said. Nero's far stronger than Dante and would only get stronger if the two fought in Limbo. Dante just doesn't have a chance in terms of physical strength.

Nelo_Vergil

There's no doubt in my mind dante wins. His ceiling is much higher then nero's is and they have almost the same abilities. That aside I doubt nero would even know HOW to kill a nephilim. Now nero might be strong but he hasn't tapped his potential either he relies on DB to manifest his powers or borrow power, see yamato.

Dante has progressed faster and has started to tap into his potential, becoming a full devil, and can also manifest his powers in the real world, see vergil strolling with yamato. Where am i going with this? dante and nero have the same experience, 1 game, but dante progressed internally and externally where as nero is just beginning to change externally, controlling DB; If the argument was who's better after being fully powered up.... that's always dante he's a good guy so he has a human heart LOL

Nelo_Vergil

But Dante didn't fight Mundus directly neither did he fight him alone. First of all, Vergil was the one who stabbed Mundus in the back and told Dante where his weakness was. Then there's the fact that Dante only fought a shell. Mundus himself was done in in one slash.

And you still forget what I said. Nero's far stronger than Dante and would only get stronger if the two fought in Limbo. Dante just doesn't have a chance in terms of physical strength.

where the hell did you get nero being stronger in limbo from? preassumption much? aside from that DANTE told vergil munds' weakness (hint his eye) and dante took out a powered up mundus shell, think savior only stronger. the one slash argument was explained in the story hur dur

Nessy

where the hell did you get nero being stronger in limbo from? preassumption much? aside from that DANTE told vergil munds' weakness (hint his eye) and dante took out a powered up mundus shell, think savior only stronger. the one slash argument was explained in the story hur dur

Why think saviour, only stronger? Mundus' greatest feat is being more powerful than Sparda, whom we have no idea the power off. Based on their attacks it looks like the saviour had the more powerful attack (that gigantic charged up beam he fired from the halo thingy on his back).

Nelo_Vergil

Why think saviour, only stronger? Mundus' greatest feat is being more powerful than Sparda, whom we have no idea the power off. Based on their attacks it looks like the saviour had the more powerful attack (that gigantic charged up beam he fired from the halo thingy on his back).

well mundus is a demon king the savior is a false god by DMC logic mundus wins:troll:

there should be a mundus on mundus on savior three way thread

ChaserTech

There's no doubt in my mind dante wins. His ceiling is much higher then nero's is and they have almost the same abilities.

Not entirely, Nero heavily focuses on his Devil Bringer and Dante heavily focus on his ability to control Limbo.

That aside I doubt nero would even know HOW to kill a nephilim. Now nero might be strong but he hasn't tapped his potential either he relies on DB to manifest his powers or borrow power, see yamato.

Uhhh considering that Mundus was about to kill Dante with his bare hands before Vergil destroyed the Hell gate, as well as this Dante was about to kill Vergil (who is Nephilim), I don't think Nephilims are as hard to kill as you claim they are.

Also, just because Nero hasn't tapped into his potential (which we don't actually know AT ALL) doesn't automatically mean that he's not nearly as powerful as him. I'm talking about how powerful the two characters are based on what was shown within the cutscenes.

Dante has progressed faster and has started to tap into his potential, becoming a full devil, and can also manifest his powers in the real world, see vergil strolling with yamato. Where am i going with this? dante and nero have the same experience, 1 game, but dante progressed internally and externally where as nero is just beginning to change externally, controlling DB; If the argument was who's better after being fully powered up.... that's always dante he's a good guy so he has a human heart LOL

How fast a character progresses in terms of obtaining power does not measure how strong they are.The most important aspect of this debate is knowing how powerful the opposing characters are and seeing which character would win in a debate. Not how they progressed. And Dante is not a full devil. He is still Nephilim. Where are you getting this?

Nearly forgot about that move. It's easily considered to be a Cityblock+ destruction level.

What's even funnier, is that the Savior is quite mobile for being a huge statue in comparison to Mundus' outer shell.

Railazel

where the hell did you get nero being stronger in limbo from? preassumption much?

Nope, pure logic. Dante's abilities are taken away in the real world and his only feat of strength is knocking out a bouncer at Devil's Dalliance. With that as our evidence of his strength, we can assume that he is at least no stronger than a normal person but, since we have no evidence that he is stronger than a normal person in the real world, we can only assume that he is as strong as a normal person. If you have any evidence to the contrary, I would like to see it.

Now, because his strength in the real world is that of a human, we can assume that Limbo enhances Dante's strength. If it enhances Dante's strength, I would have to assume that it would enhance Nero's strength as well by the same margin. Nero is stronger than Dante in the real world, I can mathematically establish this thanks to Nero showcasing his strength in battle. So, if he is already stronger than Dante in the real world, he would have to be stronger than him in Limbo as well.

aside from that DANTE told vergil munds' weakness (hint his eye)

Whoops, my bad.

dante took out a powered up mundus shell, think savior only stronger.

I would like to see proof that Mundus is stronger than the Savior.

the one slash argument was explained in the story hur dur

I would like to hear that explanation.

There's no doubt in my mind dante wins. His ceiling is much higher then nero's is.

Don't see how that matters.

That aside I doubt nero would even know HOW to kill a nephilim.

If Dante vs. Vergil is any indication. They can be killed much like any other mortal being can. There is nothing suggesting that there is a specific method of killing a nephilim.

Now nero might be strong but he hasn't tapped his potential either he relies on DB to manifest his powers or borrow power, see yamato.

Dante has progressed faster and has started to tap into his potential, becoming a full devil, and can also manifest his powers in the real world, see vergil strolling with yamato.

First of all, Dante hasn't become full demon. Second of all, we don't know whether Yamato and Rebellion are the same type of weapon. Rebellion had the ability to change into Angel and Demon weaponry thus it's a weapon that can only exist in Limbo. Yamato, on the other hand, doesn't have those abilities and seems to be a weapon of a different nature since it is able to seal Mundus' Hell Gate. Furthermore, using Vergil as measure of what Dante could achieve could only be based on assumptions. We don't know how Vergil got his powers and, either way, Dante is stronger than him. Lastly, even if he hasn't tapped into his full potential, Nero is still stronger than Dante but to argue that Dante could be stronger than Nero at the end of his progression is just going to be based on mere speculation.

dante and nero have the same experience, 1 game, but dante progressed internally and externally where as nero is just beginning to change externally, controlling DB;

That's also not true. Nero's character development in DMC 4 was based on him coming to accept his demonic abilities. This was done through his resolve to protect Kyrie no matter what. If he's going to be a demon in the process, so be it.

If the argument was who's better after being fully powered up.... that's always dante he's a good guy so he has a human heart LOL

Umm... I'm confused on what your logic here is.

TheNoHeartedBeing

What are you guys talking about? Dante didn't lose his power in the real world. In the end Limbo collapses with the real world man. The real world. So there isnt no barrier between limbo and the real world. I have proof that Dante can use all his powers in the real world. My proof is Dante Vs Vergil. That fight took place after the hell gate was closed. After limbo collapsed with the real world. Dante could use all of his powers. All of it. All of it in the real world. There is no limbo but, Dante can still use all of his powers and his weapons.

Railazel

What are you guys talking about? Dante didn't lose his power in the real world. In the end Limbo collapses with the real world man. The real world. So there isnt no barrier between limbo and the real world. I have proof that Dante can use all his powers in the real world. My proof is Dante Vs Vergil. That fight took place after the hell gate was closed. After limbo collapsed with the real world. Dante could use all of his powers. All of it. All of it in the real world. There is no limbo but, Dante can still use all of his powers and his weapons.

Yes, we know. Limbo and the real world fused in the end.

What I'm saying is that Limbo gives Dante a strength boost since, before it fused when the two worlds were seperate, Dante lost his powers when he was in the real world (the only exception being his healing powers).

TheNoHeartedBeing

Yes, we know. Limbo and the real world fused in the end.

What I'm saying is that Limbo gives Dante a strength boost since, before it fused when the two worlds were seperate, Dante lost his powers when he was in the real world (the only exception being his healing powers).
hmmm i see.

EvilX-81

Roughly around :11

When Nero locks his legs around Dante and they start shooting at eachother? Neh, I don't buy it there.Could just as easily be moving their heads out of the way of the aim of the other's guns before the shots. I was looking for something more along the lines of the brief moment at around 7 secs in, when Nero fires a shot at Dante and we explicitly see him dodge after the bullet is fired.

Offtopic, but man does that scene with Nero leaping into the air feet first with his legs spread look stupid.

Top Bottom