• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (DmC) vs. Nero

Who would win in a battle?

• Dante

Votes: 62 59.6%
  • Nero

Votes: 42 40.4%

• Total voters

Nelo_Vergil

Nope, pure logic. Dante's abilities are taken away in the real world and his only feat of strength is knocking out a bouncer at Devil's Dalliance. With that as our evidence of his strength, we can assume that he is at least no stronger than a normal person but, since we have no evidence that he is stronger than a normal person in the real world, we can only assume that he is as strong as a normal person. If you have any evidence to the contrary, I would like to see it.

in the end though limbo and the real world fused so this point becomes moot.

Now, because his strength in the real world is that of a human, we can assume that Limbo enhances Dante's strength. If it enhances Dante's strength, I would have to assume that it would enhance Nero's strength as well by the same margin. Nero is stronger than Dante in the real world, I can mathematically establish this thanks to Nero showcasing his strength in battle. So, if he is already stronger than Dante in the real world, he would have to be stronger than him in Limbo as well.

limbo doesn't "enchance" dante's strength. i'm pretty sure vergil sumed it up best by saying "when your in limbo that's 'real' you" by that, and the logic above, any feats dante did in limbo now carry to the real world. with that it takes any enchancing off nero

Whoops, my bad.

I would like to see proof that Mundus is stronger than the Savior.

this one is more of toss up due to a few veriables, one being sparda, but a hell gated mundus i suspect is on a much higher plane then you'd think i.e he's immortal

I would like to hear that explanation.

mundus had fully combined with his human host, hence why he never got to far away from the hell gate the source of his power, as a result if his human host died and something happened to the hell gate then mundus could be killed by conventional means. Thats also the reason he was whooping dante up until the hell gate was sealed and also why he protected his human body, or even why it was still there to begin with, with the shell.

Don't see how that matters.

If Dante vs. Vergil is any indication. They can be killed much like any other mortal being can. There is nothing suggesting that there is a specific method of killing a nephilim.

you forget that dante was using devil trigger and had pretty much impaled him in the chest. that aside i think it was phenias who said that nephilim were not easy to kill.

First of all, Dante hasn't become full demon. Second of all, we don't know whether Yamato and Rebellion are the same type of weapon. Rebellion had the ability to change into Angel and Demon weaponry thus it's a weapon that can only exist in Limbo. Yamato, on the other hand, doesn't have those abilities and seems to be a weapon of a different nature since it is able to seal Mundus' Hell Gate. Furthermore, using Vergil as measure of what Dante could achieve could only be based on assumptions. We don't know how Vergil got his powers and, either way, Dante is stronger than him. Lastly, even if he hasn't tapped into his full potential, Nero is still stronger than Dante but to argue that Dante could be stronger than Nero at the end of his progression is just going to be based on mere speculation.

dante is in the process of becoming a full demon, as i read in a earlier thread and i'm quoting vergil here, "each time i use my DT i lose more and more of my humanity" it might've been along that line. It could also be that yamato and rebellion are physical manifestation of both dante and vergils powers, vergil did say "our swords will do the rest", but idk i'll have to study it up abit this is the one area where NT might've dropped the ball, like the stun gun that's kablooey in limbo. Vergil said he got his memories the same way dante did and saw through the BS even before that.

That's also not true. Nero's character development in DMC 4 was based on him coming to accept his demonic abilities. This was done through his resolve to protect Kyrie no matter what. If he's going to be a demon in the process, so be it.

i'm pretty sure that wasn't nero who said that though. he said he "heard a voice" the rest was what the voice said. He might've come to the same conclusion but it wasn't his character that was being mentioned

Umm... I'm confused on what your logic here is

boredom its some powerful stuff after playing so much dust.

now all thats left is to come up with the situation in which their fighting and if gameplay mechanincs will be used.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Please

tumblr_mgdw92Vf8A1rqbr7yo1_500.gif

aginst this
tumblr_inline_mgvmld24WW1qdclq7.gif

Funny.

Of course there has to be a middle finger in the Western pic and a tentacle in the japanese pic
mlfw9030-196443__UNOPT__safe_apple-bloom_image-macro_babs-seed_apple-family-reunion_gif_fillies.gif

Nelo_Vergil

i just came up with this theory last night before going to sleep. If rebellion is a physical manifestation of dante's power, which was only realized in limbo, and he has both angel and demon powers then when absorbs the weapon, home truths, they literally become part of him and so also rebellion. With that you could say vergil has access to the same exact powers and that dante himself is basically just a living DB

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yes, we know. Limbo and the real world fused in the end.

What I'm saying is that Limbo gives Dante a strength boost since, before it fused when the two worlds were seperate, Dante lost his powers when he was in the real world (the only exception being his healing powers).

But now Limbo's fused with the real world, thus still giving Dante power.

Railazel

Wait, guys. Dante would win. Unlike Nero, Dante can dodge in mid- air, thus making him better in aerial combat.

Zato-OW

King
They are are nearly equal from what I have seen. The only thing that really decides this fight is Nero's DB being amazingly strong. The DB carries more power then even DMC4 Dante. Nero was able to crush the head of the Savior with it. The DMC4 producer or director I forget which claimed that Nero was physically stronger then even DMC4 Dante cause of his DB, though Dante was obviously stronger then Nero in the overall department. Anyway, skill wise then its a tie, but when we are talking about power then Nero is far stronger then the DmC Dante. This same thing almost applies with even the DMC3 Dante. Even though DMC3 Dante seems to be more skilled the both Nero and the DmC Dante.

Reizo

If we talk about the DmC Dante vs Nero, Dante would lose. This is for the simple reason that Dante's half-angel title and variety of weapons none withstanding, he is not strong as Nero. The Dante from DMC4 would undoubtedly smash Nero, because in all the videos, he was simply toying with Nero. It would not be wrong to say, that in retrospect, he was basically being a very subtle mentor to the "kid". And it wasn't his arrogance. If we talk about the gameplay, obviously Nero had to defeat Dante, since if they made him as powerful as he really was, it would have been a permanent Game Over on the prologue itself.
But going by the cinematics, Dante proves his superiority over Nero in the simple battle by simply pushing him away,not even considering him a worthy opponent. If we look at the videos, it is clear that for Dante, it is more like the whole game itself was a joke for him, as he is even more joking than usual.
DMC4 aside, the Dante from DmC is nothing in front of the Dante or Nero from DMC4, Dante with his four styles, super weaponry and devil trigger, and Nero with the Devil Bringer.
Nero would win.

I'm not sure if this is necroposting, so I'll say sorry already

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
If we talk about the DmC Dante vs Nero, Dante would lose. This is for the simple reason that Dante's half-angel title and variety of weapons none withstanding, he is not strong as Nero. The Dante from DMC4 would undoubtedly smash Nero, because in all the videos, he was simply toying with Nero. It would not be wrong to say, that in retrospect, he was basically being a very subtle mentor to the "kid". And it wasn't his arrogance. If we talk about the gameplay, obviously Nero had to defeat Dante, since if they made him as powerful as he really was, it would have been a permanent Game Over on the prologue itself.
But going by the cinematics, Dante proves his superiority over Nero in the simple battle by simply pushing him away,not even considering him a worthy opponent. If we look at the videos, it is clear that for Dante, it is more like the whole game itself was a joke for him, as he is even more joking than usual.
DMC4 aside, the Dante from DmC is nothing in front of the Dante or Nero from DMC4, Dante with his four styles, super weaponry and devil trigger, and Nero with the Devil Bringer.
Nero would win.

I'm not sure if this is necroposting, so I'll say sorry already

Damn this thread is old.^_^

And to that, I'd say even though Nero's got a Devil Bringer and such, what's stopping new Dante from just dodging the arm and going for Nero himself. Dante in DmC has faced some tough enemies, so I don't think he'd have a problem with Nero. Plus Nero like Dante in DmC hasn't tapped into his full power yet, however Dante in DmC has activated a time stopping DT, has gained a larger assortment of weapons, has better control of them, and he's still Dante either way. Against DMC4 Dante, yes new Dante would lose, but against Nero it would be a fair fight, but ultimately I think Nero would lose.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I would like to join this conversation/debate. Am I the only one who feel that video game feats or feats displayed in gameplay matters too. Plus Nero basically displayed all of his video game feats in cutscenes (his sword's mechanics, Devil Bringer, Devil Buster, DT, his gun, and use of Yamato and even that Rainbow Drop Kick he used on Dante) and DmC Dante displayed almost all of his moves in cutscenes (except his demon dodge and angel evade but he got those in story relevant events...the roses) so I think they're good enough. Anyway I say that Nero can beat Dante and here are 1 out of 5 reasons why:

Nero has fought tougher foes and had fairer fights.

By that I mean the bosses/demons in DmC are scrubs compared to the ones in DMC (well DMC4 in this case). I mean dudes Nero fought makes the dudes DmC Dante fought look like jokes. For example, Berial, Echinda, and Bael are not only conquerors of Hell but have displayed better feats in battle (yes I'm using the moves they displayed in their boss fights cause we haven't seen them fight in cutscenes and Berial, Echinda, and Bael both used a move from their boss fight in a cutscene) than Hunter (which is a class of demon species, so he isn't special), Bob (a floating head that wasn't designed for combat or have a special earned title), Succubus (a giant useless sack of crap whose purpose wasn't meant for battle), and Mundus's UNBORN INFANT (and his mummy).

Not only that almost every fight Dante is in, he gets some sort of unfair advantage that can't used in a fight with Nero, such as the Hunter had to be (whatever the hell Kat did) so Dante can harm it, Succubus (couldn't move and even if it wasn't stuck to that THING she would still barely be a treat...Bael could move and was more of a threat due to having more advance techniques like his ability to cloak himself in a blizzard he can produce just by breathing), Bob's weakspot was a button located in the same area and did I mention he was floating head and hitting said button makes him unable to move or do anything making him a literal punching bag, and even the mighty Demon King (NOT DEMON GOD...Mundus from DMC1 was a demon god since he was unkillable and had no weakness) was not only weakened, because before Mundus was about to kill Dante..and quite easily too, by Vergil closing his Hell Gate (which was an extremely lazy and poorly implemented excuse to beat Mundus) but due to Vergil fighting the REAL Mundus inside Dante's fight with his outer shell was made easier since Mundus had to fight 2 people so his focus was lessened on Dante so he couldn't go all out and even then Dante was only able to land a blow on the real Mundus because Vergil HELPED him.

Dante's only fair fight and most challenging fight/opponent was Vergil and considering Vergil is in fact weaker than he is even if Vergil went all out. I mean he gave Dante trouble but due to the fact he NEEDED Dante's help, let Dante do all of the combat heavy work, and was easily captured by Mundus and well proved nothing combat wise. If anything Vergil was only challenging because he kind of had more superior abilities (the ability to teleport and make a doppelganger of himself). But even then he is wimp compared to Credo (who can move and attack at Supersonic speeds and have shown superior swordsmenship skills than DmC Vergil) and Sanctus (who is stronger than Credo and Agnus with or without Sparda) who fought using the SWORD OF SPARDA (you know the almighty powerful sword of DMC..the world's greatest and most powerful weapon in all of DMC). Don't give me that lip of Sanctus wasn't able to harness its full power because he lacked human emotion for A) Arkham used a weaker base form Sparda (although he had the amulet) and transformed into a monstrosity and he gave Dante a lot of trouble...in fact he was about to defeat Dante if Vergil didn't show up and B) even if Sanctus wasn't able to tap into its full power the fact is that he had the damn thing so he had its power and regardless Nero still decimated him and he was the strongest opponent Nero fought thus far (with the exception of Dante).

So if Nero's strongest opponent he defeated not only have the universes strongest weapon in his arsenal but he creamed him but if Dante's strongest opponent he defeated fair and square (Vergil) gave him a lot of trouble and was stated to be weaker than him.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I think Nero would beat Dante, he was trained by the order of the sword and would go on solo missions, his weapons of choice weren't even demonic until Yamato and his devil bringer kicked in, his enemies for the most were atleast B class demons (bosses) and the rest were C class, he was able to get in a few surprise hits on Dante, who had to suppress his DT so he wouldn't kill poor Nero xD, had to make some difficult choices and had to piece pretty much everything together with a few hints from agnus and dante along the way, while new Dante fought some pretty pathetic enemies for reasons like what Stulish Nero posted, and basically had Kat and Vergil there to help, his weapons were already demonic(and angelic) and he was "Nephilim" so he had a boost seeing how their kind were apparently the only ones who could kill a demon king. Dante had everything handed to him story wise in terms of what to do destroy the Virtility factory, then the news network, kidnap lillith, fight Mundas ect.

Top Bottom