• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (classic or reboot) vs. John Constantine

Would do you think would win?

• John Constantine

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • One of the Dantes

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Dudes! Just saw the first image of Constantine!!!
MUTHA. ****IN. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Is there another movie coming out that I somehow missed hearing about? o_O

Either way...hot damn! I didn't mind Keanu doing the part, but well...he was pretty dry...as usual. ^^;

This guy, though; not sure who it is, but he looks the part.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Is there another movie coming out that I somehow missed hearing about? o_O

Either way...hot damn! I didn't mind Keanu doing the part, but well...he was pretty dry...as usual. ^^;

This guy, though; not sure who it is, but he looks the part.
That's Matt Ryans. He played Edward Kenway in Assassin's Creed Black Flags.

Also there isn't another Constantine movie but there's a tv pilot coming to NBC and a Justice League Dark movie in which John is the leader of the group.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Its not so much intelligence as it is common sense and realism.

Like Constantine, new Dante doesn't screw around as much when it comes to his life. He doesn't treat everything like one big party like Classic Dante did at that age. New Dante knew that treating life like everything was okay and dandy was a delusion of the mind to try and make yourself feel better. He knew there wasn't much joy in seeing and killing demons every single day of your life. And no matter what he did, no one else would be able to help him or see what he saw. Its the same with Constantine except every person he gets close to either leaves him or dies just by knowing him. So Constantine is smart enough to not treat life as if everythings magical or full of joy when you have to deal with demons everyday.

New Dante and Constantine from Hellblazer are to me more compelling to see how they deal with their schytzophrensia (don't know how to properly spell it) like issues instead of watch some glorifying nut head jump around like its all a big game almost all the time. He only realized it was an important job to kill demons in DMC3 then forgets it all in DMC4.

But that aside, like I said before;

More character and intelligence; less pew pew pew.

I liked that he even let Mundus' kid & girl live, he wasn't even cool with the whole situation.

I agree with Bazil.

Classic DMC to Reboot DmC is as DC Constantine to Hellblazer. Constantine is like DMC; being toned down to a super hero/ anime campy dark story with a textbook anti hero with a less then deep story and less focus on actual character development on its protaganist.

Meanwhile DmC is like Hellblazer; Focusing more on the darker contemperate world with a more real antihero in a story of not only fighting demons but also fighting your inner demons. More gritty, more real, and a much deeper story set up.

I hope this series focuses on Constantine's actual knowledge and intelligence from Hellblazer and not have him just shooting fire balls from his palms like a mad man. Not saying that wouldn't be cool, but don't make him a classic Dante; less character and intelligence, more pew pew pew.

Getting DMC1 Novel vibes from both quotes. :D

DragonMaster2010

Funny, was going to ask you what you thought of reveal today!

Does this answer your question?
post-28669-scanners-head-explosion-gif-mi-O2Jc.gif

berto

I Saw the Devil
Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Man, f@*k new 52. Any time I see Constantine in one of those close that book. I'll stick with the original Hellblazer, thank you very much.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i dunno. eerybody hates new 52 john but i don't really see much of a difference. new 52 john actually could pass for a younger version of the classic constantine. because lets face it, even john has said before "i'm a bastard, i know that, luv...but nowhere close to how bad i used to be".
but that aside, i feel as if new 52 john could take on both dante's. hellblazer john could as well, but i feel as if it would be an even fight between classic dante and DCnU john. they're just so op

DragonMaster2010

soo...what does he fought?

Oh you know, werewolves, vampires,Superman, batman, zombies, demons, angels, mythical creatures, gods, Lucifer, God, exgrilfriends/boyfriends.

Need I say more?

And in the off chance John is defeated by Dante, Lucifer or God will just keep bringing him back from the dead. He could borrow Lucifer or God's power to curbstomp Dante, but John's not the type to want to rely on that kind of power unless he really needs to.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Oh you know, werewolves, vampires,Superman, batman, zombies, demons, angels, mythical creatures, gods, Lucifer, God, exgrilfriends/boyfriends.

Need I say more?

And in the off chance John is defeated by Dante, Lucifer or God will just keep bringing him back from the dead. He could borrow Lucifer or God's power to curbstomp Dante, but John's not the type to want to rely on that kind of power unless he really needs to.
No offense but aside from gods, rest doesn't sound like big deal at all.

Top Bottom