• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (classic or reboot) vs. John Constantine

Would do you think would win?

• John Constantine

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • One of the Dantes

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
They are when John's way of beating them is master deceptive skills, dumb luck, and getting dead drunk just to beat the king of all vampires.
Well I know nothing of him so I can't say for sure. Out of all supernatural comic (anti)heroes, I think the only one I can remember who can tackle old Dante is Spawn.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well I know nothing of him so I can't say for sure. Out of all supernatural comic (anti)heroes, I think the only one I can remember who can tackle old Dante is Spawn.
Dude you're missing out. John Constantine is definitely one of the most influential comic book characters when it comes to supernatural. Hellblazer has gone on for years with 300 issues. Plus in the comics John ages in real time with the years each issue comes out. Meaning he'd be in his 60's as of 2014. Trust me, its worth the read. Also Hellblazer inspired Supernatural and Castiel's look came from John.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Dude you're missing out. John Constantine is definitely one of the most influential comic book characters when it comes to supernatural. Hellblazer has gone on for years with 300 issues. Plus in the comics John ages in real time with the years each issue comes out. Meaning he'd be in his 60's as of 2014. Trust me, its worth the read. Also Hellblazer inspired Supernatural and Castiel's look came from John.
I probably look into it. During my teenage years, we didn't had any comic stores and the only source were some black dealers, so I was just glad i got my hands on first issues of Spawn

DragonMaster2010

I probably look into it. During my teenage years, we didn't had any comic stores and the only source were some black dealers, so I was just glad i got my hands on first issues of Spawn

Oh yeah, and plus I don't think they'll sell Hellblazer in Germany since there's references to Nazism in one of the arcs.

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
I think original Dante would win. I'm bit skeptical as how DmC's Donte would win against John Constantine though.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Oh yeah, and plus I don't think they'll sell Hellblazer in Germany since there's references to Nazism in one of the arcs.
I'm not originally from germany. I just live here more than 10 years. Also strangely nazi references are allowed if they censor svastics. Otherwise I wouldn't had complete Hellsing manga at home

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

I think original Dante would win. I'm bit skeptical as how DmC's Donte would win against John Constantine though.

Like I said, both Dantes would have trouble because John's seen it all. Dante's no different from Nergal, whose power is just as powerful as Dantes. Plus John probably doesn't need to fight him. All he needs is to use his natural intelligence of the occult and magic to defend against all demonic/angelic magic. John could also just take the demonic powers out of both Dantes and reduce them to normal human beings, and from there open a portal to hell and throw them into it while they're still mortal. All before lighting a cigarette.

Boom, the end.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
What about the Ghost Rider or Dormammu among many other supernatural characters?

Top Bottom