• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (classic or reboot) vs. John Constantine

Would do you think would win?

• John Constantine

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • One of the Dantes

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
So, is John Constantine bullet proof, then? I asked before and don't think I got an answer but it seems he's smart, but is he bullet proof or immune to fire or artillery, grenades or missiles? How 'bout swords or knives?

Actually he's not. But he certainly doesn't stand there and take it. But if he did get shot, God and Satan would come right from their worlds to bring him back to life. But like I said, John's not gonna let himself get shot. He'd probably put on a magic enhanced bulletproof vest if he had prep time. Without that, he'd probably talk his way out of the situation.

The Final Offer

Actually he's not. But he certainly doesn't stand there and take it. But if he did get shot, God and Satan would come right from their worlds to bring him back to life. But like I said, John's not gonna let himself get shot. He'd probably put on a magic enhanced bulletproof vest if he had prep time. Without that, he'd probably talk his way out of the situation.

Whatever John uses on Dante will just make Dante more ****ed!

Bazilican

Whatever John uses on Dante will just make Dante more ****ed!

Even his own father?
remember, Constantine can bring the dead back to life and force them to do his bidding. He could just bring back Sparda to do his bidding, along with Vergil to fight Dante off long enough for John to devise a plan to kill Dante once and for all.

Dante's not immortal. Despite the fast healing, even he can die, and so can John with fast healing and death. however, John is smart enough to not let himself get impaled.

berto

I Saw the Devil
This John sounds unstoppable, so why isn't he the most feared character in DC? He's unkillable, apparently he can talk himself out of been killed, and is so smart he can outwit them all. Why isn't he the most feared of them all.

The Final Offer

Even his own father?
remember, Constantine can bring the dead back to life and force them to do his bidding. He could just bring back Sparda to do his bidding, along with Vergil to fight Dante off long enough for John to devise a plan to kill Dante once and for all.

Dante's not immortal. Despite the fast healing, even he can die, and so can John with fast healing and death. however, John is smart enough to not let himself get impaled.

Look, if Dante has prep time too, then he'd know to just use Spiral on John or Artemis or teleport or ricochet or charged shot or DT lightning or.....you see what I'm getting at? Just blast him.

On top of that, I believe it was said that Dante surpassed Sparda's power. There's no one in the DMC universe who is capable of beating Dante. So, if Sparda does come back and Vergil does come back, what are they going to use? They don't have their weapons and Dante will make sure of that. Trish and Nero wield those weapons.

From what I've read, you're making John seem like a Sherlock Holmes/Batman combination. I'd like to think of this as Batman vs Darkseid spamming Omega Beam.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Look, if Dante has prep time too, then he'd know to just use Spiral on John or Artemis or teleport or ricochet or charged shot or DT lightning or.....you see what I'm getting at? Just blast him.

On top of that, I believe it was said that Dante surpassed Sparda's power. There's no one in the DMC universe who is capable of beating Dante. So, if Sparda does come back and Vergil does come back, what are they going to use? They don't have their weapons and Dante will make sure of that. Trish and Nero wield those weapons.

From what I've read, you're making John seem like a Sherlock Holmes/Batman combination. I'd like to think of this as Batman vs Darkseid spamming Omega Beam.

Didn't Bats shoot Darkseid?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Didn't Bats shoot Darkseid?
Batman shot somebody... AGAIN!?

Well, I still don't buy it. As big a defense for the Constantine side is from what I know and what I've seen He doesn't impress so much that he could take on Dante, not unless he had preparation and that's not a qualifying answer. If one gets time to prepare a magical defence the other gets time to set up a sniper riffle to blast him.

Bazilican

This John sounds unstoppable, so why isn't he the most feared character in DC? He's unkillable, apparently he can talk himself out of been killed, and is so smart he can outwit them all. Why isn't he the most feared of them all.

That's the thing; DC and Vertigo have different continuities of the guy and in the DC universe he relays more on intellect and planning then brute force. That's what's kept him alive for so long.

You see John more so blackmailed God in saying if his soul went to hell, John would take over and release demons on Earth with powers of the three most powerful demons fused into his body. Now that he's back in the DC universe instead of the Vertigo continuity where death isn't that big of a factor, he now can actually die. However this time around he's armed to the teeth with unlimited magic abilities and has connections to other heroes from the good and the dark part of the Justice League.

Last edited:

Bazilican

Like I said, John's not gonna just stand there and let him do that.

As I said, long enough to devise a plan of attack that could still defeat Dante. And I don't think Dante's gonna easily be able to kill his own father and brother, let alone murder his mother if Constantine decided to bring her back to life.

John is NOTHING like Sherlock holmes or Batman. Sherlock and Batman have honor and are there to save the day and junk. Constantine will let some poor dude die if it means getting another drink at the bar or, Y'know survive.

berto

I Saw the Devil
And I don't think Dante's gonna easily be able to kill his own father and brother, let alone murder his mother if Constantine decided to bring her back to life.
That is, by far, the dumbest thing anyone could ever do. You want to raise his dead family, his dead mother, and use them as puppets and you think that there'd be a force in heaven, Earth, or hell that would ever stop him, the man who tore through the armies of hell, bitch slapped the devil across the face and imprisoned him there, from tearing him asunder and then storming hell and doing it again and putting a permanent end to him? He's done harder things for less incentives.

That, is by far, the worst strategy you could think to use on Dante.

Bazilican

That is, by far, the dumbest thing anyone could ever do. You want to raise his dead family, his dead mother, and use them as puppets and you think that there'd be a force in heaven, Earth, or hell that would ever stop him, the man who tore through the armies of hell, bitch slapped the devil across the face and imprisoned him there, from tearing him asunder and then storming hell and doing it again and putting a permanent end to him? He's done harder things for less incentives.

That, is by far, the worst strategy you could think to use on Dante.

That's John Constantine for you.

But it would also take Dante off his proper game, and he'd get sloppy with rage. Thus him not seeing what Constantine had already planned out for him after Dante was done with his family reunion. John wouldn't do all this until he figured out everything about Dante, which he could do by summoning Mundus to answer his questions about Dante and even Sparda. From there, he could find a way to trap him, weaken him, and even defeat him.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That's John Constantine for you.

But it would also take Dante off his proper game, and he'd get sloppy with rage. Thus him not seeing what Constantine had already planned out for him after Dante was done with his family reunion. John wouldn't do all this until he figured out everything about Dante, which he could do by summoning Mundus to answer his questions about Dante and even Sparda. From there, he could find a way to trap him, weaken him, and even defeat him.
You are giving this guy too much credit. It seems like a lot of your debate relies on Constantine having time to prepare, were there a confrontation he wouldn't get that time, when has Dante ever said 'yeah, go ahead, by all means go plot my destruction, much less complicated than putting one between your eyes.'?

I'll go see if I can find some more Constantine. He seems like an interesting character. Its Hellblazer, isn't it?

Bazilican

You are giving this guy too much credit. It seems like a lot of your debate relies on Constantine having time to prepare, were there a confrontation he wouldn't get that time, when has Dante ever said 'yeah, go ahead, by all means go plot my destruction, much less complicated than putting one between your eyes.'?
Oh...then yeah, he'd die...then become King of Hell...and get right back out of hell and have proper prep time and do it again.

The Final Offer

Oh...then yeah, he'd die...then become King of Hell...and get right back out of hell and have proper prep time and do it again.

constantine_vs_spawn_by_jjackflash-d599sm8.jpg

"Back again to shine my boots little Johnny?"

He's not getting out of Hell. Seeing as DMC 2's Dante already went there and more than likely conquered it once. Constantine will know of this and realize "There are some people you just don't f*** with!" aka (in my Lana voice) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

Also, hasn't DMC villains attempt to manipulate the power of the Sparda, turn Vergil and Eva into puppets not shed light on how pointless it would be for Constantine? Who's to say these characters wouldn't know how to defend themselves against Constantine? They are or were on Dante's skill level.

Last but not least.

You are not DETHRONING Spawn from neither Heaven nor Hell, if you dare attempt...

spawn%2B10.jpg

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

He's not getting out of Hell. Seeing as DMC 2's Dante already went there and more than likely conquered it once. Constantine will know of this and realize "There are some people you just don't f*** with!" aka (in my Lana voice) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

Also, hasn't DMC villains attempt to manipulate the power of the Sparda, turn Vergil and Eva into puppets not shed light on how pointless it would be for Constantine? Who's to say these characters wouldn't know how to defend themselves against Constantine? They are or were on Dante's skill level.

Last but not least.

You are not DETHRONING Spawn from neither Heaven nor Hell, if you dare attempt...

spawn%2B10.jpg
Spawn doesn't really look that tough in that pic compared to the things John deals with.

Also I see all these DC arms, don't see John's arm poking out of there, do you?

And I still hold to my opinion that John would esily defeat Dante not with strength, but with cunning intelligence, luck, and the deals he's made with both God and Satan to help him out. DMC2 Dante maybe Dante at his strongest in HIS universe, but what does that say about John's universe? And what about DC with all those beings that are twice as bad?

Say what you please, but in the end, I'm still gonna side with Constantine losing the battle, but winning afterwards through some cheap trick.

Bazilican

Last but not least.

spawn%2B10.jpg

Don't see John anywhere in that cage.

If John can fool Satan and God along with a long line of higher powerful beings, he can fool Spawn.

So this will be John's response to Spawn's bullsh*t.
2692983-john_constantine_middle_finger.jpg

The Final Offer

Spawn doesn't really look that tough in that pic compared to the things John deals with.

Also I see all these DC arms, don't see John's arm poking out of there, do you?

And I still hold to my opinion that John would esily defeat Dante not with strength, but with cunning intelligence, luck, and the deals he's made with both God and Satan to help him out. DMC2 Dante maybe Dante at his strongest in HIS universe, but what does that say about John's universe? And what about DC with all those beings that are twice as bad?

Say what you please, but in the end, I'm still gonna side with Constantine losing the battle, but winning afterwards through some cheap trick.
Don't see John anywhere in that cage.

If John can fool Satan and God along with a long line of higher powerful beings, he can fool Spawn.

So this will be John's response to Spawn's bullsh*t.
2692983-john_constantine_middle_finger.jpg
523573-spawnn10p110na.jpg

It's to the point where Spawn wouldn't even acknowledge John, if it were worth it he'd just rapidly age John until he withers away before his cigarette could descend. There would be no God or Satan to fool. No being that could embrace his silver tongue. An existence wiped from the universe. John is useless to him. He has done what John has and what John will do. Spawn is Constantine, Spawn is luck, Spawn is cunning, Spawn is time, Spawn is the afterlife and Spawn is everything and everyone. Spawn is the entirety of experience in the universe. Spawn is the creator of the Earth in which both combatants stand.

(In short; He's the referee to this fight and there will be no "this universe's God and Satan were fooled". I'm putting a leash on the universe either or is using in this fight and making it impossible for a handicap. It's all based in Spawn's universe and you've got nothing to use against Spawn)

Oh and PS, in this universe God and Satan are on Earth fighting with each other. So, John can try his best to fool either one but won't see it coming when whichever one he doesn't choose sides with Dante and create a purposeless event.

Ok, that's fine. Dante will know what there is to know about Constantine from demons or from Satan itself. If he's made a deal then it's not hard for Dante to make sure his contacts WON'T let him make a deal.

I believe either side Heaven or Hell need Dante more than Constantine in any universe. They wouldn't let something so physically powerful, infinitely capable from immortality to be defeated by something that needs luck to win.

Oh and if you EVER think John is a match for Spawn understand this ability. Spawn can wish John out of existence. Yep. With a thought. It'd be like this. Prep time can't save your ***.

tumblr_mt1v8muVNy1shbh93o3_500.gif

Last edited:

Bazilican

523573-spawnn10p110na.jpg

It's to the point where Spawn wouldn't even acknowledge John, if it were worth it he'd just rapidly age John until he withers away before his cigarette could descend. There would be no God or Satan to fool. No being that could embrace his silver tongue. An existence wiped from the universe. John is useless to him. He has done what John has and what John will do. Spawn is Constantine, Spawn is luck, Spawn is cunning, Spawn is time, Spawn is the afterlife and Spawn is everything and everyone. Spawn is the entirety of experience in the universe. Spawn is the creator of the Earth in which both combatants stand.
Dude, John was already in this situation with God and Lucifer millions of times before, and he STILL fooled them both. It's really no difference. There's always that one being that is the all-powerful, and John always has a way to make some kind of deal with them whether alive or dead.

But then again, this isn't Constantine vs Spawn. It's Constantine vs Dante.
Ok, that's fine. Dante will know what there is to know about Constantine from demons or from Satan itself. If he's made a deal then it's not hard for Dante to make sure his contacts WON'T let him make a deal.

I believe either side Heaven or Hell need Dante more than Constantine in any universe.
You'd be surprised how much demons need Constantine compared to Dante. Constantine is the ULTIMATE prize to the demons and is considered the win all-end all. He IS the most interested soul in hell and only one of the three most powerful demons can have him. Dante is like the second place prize compared to John.

And again, Satan in that universe has the same kind of abilities as Spawn. But if John is dissipated from the universe, then that would ultimately break the deal with the powerful beings he's made deals with and that wouldn't be good, so they would need to bring him back to defeat Spawn with as such power as Spawn has and then it wouldn't be so much of an epic battle as it would be a battle made of pure existence. I look at every possible means as to how such a fight would go.

But like I said; This isn't John vs Spawn. It's John vs. Dante.

Top Bottom