• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

CountDown

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Again, I'm not saying you have to be on KAIL's level, but Capcom alreadty said that you don't need to switch weapons to get an SS combo ranking - that you can now use the same attack over and over again, with maybe one different attack thrown in between. With all due respect, please don't use the word 'elitist'. In what age do we live, anyway (not that I believe in God)?

I don't care about Jump Cancel, I never used that, as it's a mindless way of getting an interesting combo going.
Yeah, I looked at Gregaman's blog once. Haven't seen any gameplay from him aside from the E3 2012 demo. I can say that you can get an S really quickly simply by spamming Eryx, though. I'll see if I can find more of his videos, then. He apparently doesn't have any on his page at Capcom-Unity.

I did see a small part of gameplay from Vergil's campaign DLC that did seem fairly fast, so maybe it's mainly Vergil's fighting style that's similar to the old DMC. When using Dante, his attacks all seem to have a pause between them. Like when using Rebellion, he does one slash, then there's a pause of almost half a second or so, and that happens after every attack. I'm not sure what to think, but I'll see if I can find more gameplay videos.

Thanks! :)

I don't know where you heard that from Capcom, but it's patently false...especially when watching this guy spam Hacker (Rebellion Combo A) never got him higher than a low C, and that was if he was lucky enough to hit more than one enemy in his attacks. And that's from Eurogamer 2012, one of the most recent showfloor builds - they've been constantly tweaking the gameplay during the "polishing phase"

And to be fair, I've been able to get fairly high Style in DMC3 just from using one weapon too. It's easier to get high Style when you switch weapons, but otherwise it's still possible with one weapon, if you vary your attacks correctly. Heck, the Adjudicator Statues in DMC3 prove this is true.

Take a look at the Knowledge Primer link in my signature. It has links near the end to all of Gregaman's streams, with some of Dom from NT's in there too.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I don't know where you heard that from Capcom, but it's patently false...especially when watching this guy spam Hacker (Rebellion Combo A) never got him higher than a low C, and that was if he was lucky enough to hit more than one enemy in his attacks. And that's from Eurogamer 2012, one of the most recent showfloor builds - they've been constantly tweaking the gameplay during the "polishing phase"

And to be fair, I've been able to get fairly high Style in DMC3 just from using one weapon too. It's easier to get high Style when you switch weapons, but otherwise it's still possible with one weapon, if you vary your attacks correctly. Heck, the Adjudicator Statues in DMC3 prove this is true.

Take a look at the Knowledge Primer link in my signature. It has links near the end to all of Gregaman's streams, with some of Dom from NT's in there too.

Oh, cool, I'll check it out right away. The gameplay is still the most important part of DMC, and of course DmC, so I'm very interested in seeing what kind of combos are possible. Thanks!

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm sure alot of people missed this onethe first time I posted it.

tumblr_m4lwrc4OwX1qlwdmno1_1280.jpg

ReverseSuperman

'4)' I'm getting sick and tired of the 'you're afraid of change' card. I'm not afraid of change, I just don't want DMC to change into something that's worse than before. Where are your arguments, or do you have none? Again, I continue to make up BS? I argue, you do not. You have nothing to base you opinion on. You said you think Eryx looks 'badass in your book'. That's fine, but it's an argument from emotion. Are Eryx well-designed? No, they are not.

I'm not saying everything about the game is terrible - please read more than one sentence and stop taking things out of context. The voice acting is better than that of that line, that's right, but better than that of Nero from DMC4? Don't make me laugh (again). I don't see how you can't notice that the combat looks much slower than that of the old DMC series. All Nero does is cry and whine? Go play DMC4 again. All Dante does is be a smartass; it's like that's his only emotion.

You don't have anything to back up the game being "worse", other than it being different.

"I argue, you do not" - Lionheart1991
No I argue, you boast a condescending attitude which instantly makes your opinions fact. In your eyes everyone who disagrees is either crazy or wrong. I don't mind your rudeness though. ^_^

You thinking Eryx is not well-designed is an OPINION, just like it's my OPINION that they look badass. Let it go.

Nero's voice actor didn't impress me at all in DMC4. It was just Johnny doing "Vash the Stampede" for the umpteenth time. Wow, how amazing!!!! (sarcasm) You are pretty easy to please.

The combat looke pretty fast paced in the gameplay videos I have seen. Unless you are referring to Dante using his fathers axe, which is a heavy weapon. The scythe and rebellion move very quickly though. I will have to make my final call when i play the demo. I actually wait to form final opinions until I get my hands on the product, unlike some.

I love that you couldn't defend the fact that Nero's whole character is made up of crying and whining. Instead you just bash Dante. Well that's cool, because guess what? Old Dante is gone, you got your wish. :D

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Alright, I watched some of the videos from the 'Knowledge Primer', starting from the part that starts with this text:
Speaking of gameplay, while you might be tempted to look at camera footage of players on the showcase floors, watching streams directly from Capcom-Unity and convention panels provides a much better display of the level of play possible in the game. This list starts from the most recent stream available...

I watched all the videos listed beneath that part, but it still seems to me that the combos are pretty slow, and I don't know why the person who wrote that text thinks he'll have convinced me that the combat is still as fast-paced and combo-centric as that of the old DMCs. I guess I'll go on and watch some more videos. But thanks, I did need to see some more videos!
I should go offline now, as it's getting late. Later!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Alright, I watched some of the videos from the 'Knowledge Primer', starting from the part that starts with this text:
Speaking of gameplay, while you might be tempted to look at camera footage of players on the showcase floors, watching streams directly from Capcom-Unity and convention panels provides a much better display of the level of play possible in the game. This list starts from the most recent stream available...

I watched all the videos listed beneath that part, but it still seems to me that the combos are pretty slow, and I don't know why the person who wrote that text thinks he'll have convinced me that the combat is still as fast-paced and combo-centric as that of the old DMCs. I guess I'll go on and watch some more videos. But thanks, I did need to see some more videos!
I should go offline now, as it's getting late. Later!

You're not gonna see how fast the game is by looking at videos.

DmC appears slower in videos cause youtube doesn't play DmC gameplay as fast as it should be.

You gotta play the game for yourself or get the demo.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I will say that I have seen some gameplay videos from the showfloor that had muuuuch better quality than what's found in the Capcom-Unity streams. It's really weird, but then the gameplay is really "blegh," so they aren't good for showcasing higher level play >.<

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
You don't have anything to back up the game being "worse", other than it being different.

"I argue, you do not" - Lionheart1991
No I argue, you boast a condescending attitude which instantly makes your opinions fact. In your eyes everyone who disagrees is either crazy or wrong. I don't mind your rudeness though. ^_^

You thinking Eryx is not well-designed is an OPINION, just like it's my OPINION that they look badass. Let it go.

Nero's voice actor didn't impress me at all in DMC4. It was just Johnny doing "Vash the Stampede" for the umpteenth time. Wow, how amazing!!!! (sarcasm) You are pretty easy to please.

The combat looke pretty fast paced in the gameplay videos I have seen. Unless you are referring to Dante using his fathers axe, which is a heavy weapon. The scythe and rebellion move very quickly though. I will have to make my final call when i play the demo. I actually wait to form final opinions until I get my hands on the product, unlike some.

I love that you couldn't defend the fact that Nero's whole character is made up of crying and whining. Instead you just bash Dante. Well that's cool, because guess what? Old Dante is gone, you got your wish. :D

I'm not saying Johnny Yong Bosch is such a great actor, and that Nero was so awesome, I'm saying that when you compare this new Dante to the old voice acting work, you'll come to the conclusion that the old actors used intonation better and actually sounded like they believed most of what they were saying.

Eryx is not well designed. Just look at Eryx, then look at other weapons in DMC, or in Bayonetta, for that matter. Even Scarborough Fair (the guns) are designed better. Kind of funny, really, since Platinum Games consists of the creator of the DMC series and other prominent former members.

To be able to argue, you need to have arguments first - arguments based on facts, not solely on opinions. Fast-paced is not all we need; I've seen some fast-paced combat in DmC that just isn't focused on creating combos.

Of course, I'll reserve my final opinion of the game for after I play it, but that doesn't mean I don't have the right to evaluate what I've seen so far - they don't show gameplay footage just for the fun of it, after all. By the way, I did defend Nero's character. He can be angry, sad, disappointed, frustrated, and so on. Dante? He just kept joking all the time, and had maybe two emotions; 'fun time', and 'serious face time'. That's it.

Now I really need to get to bed. Thanks for arguing with me, though. I always find it fun, I'm weird that way.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Dom and Greg aren't even high level players. IMO Dom plays the game the way i would play it, so i've been sold on this game for a long time. Your not gonna have high level players before a game is release, you silly goose. Its actually gonna take some time AFTER the release.

crush

You're not gonna see how fast the game is by looking at videos.

DmC appears slower in videos cause youtube doesn't play DmC gameplay as fast as it should be.

You gotta play the game for yourself or get the demo.

Hmm...I don't think DMC and DmC has a change in the fastness of gameplay in general.
But I think the original series had more visual effects and sound that made it look faster.

It is quite easy to notice this with angel boost and skystar. Although both have the same duration time. Angel boost is a glide where you can see all the motion, while skystar is a teleport with a bound from a magic gateway (Complete with a tremble from your controller).
This can be compared with Gilgamesh with Eryx. Gilgamesh blasts out steam and shows a spike coming out in a very short time. It makes you feel you have saw something very fast.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Pro-level stuff is something that does take time (and the full game), and a lot of messing around.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I'm not saying Johnny Yong Bosch is such a great actor, and that Nero was so awesome, I'm saying that when you compare this new Dante to the old voice acting work, you'll come to the conclusion that the old actors used intonation better and actually sounded like they believed most of what they were saying.

Well DMC has always been anime and all anime voice actors have to over play their performance to sell whats showing on the screen, especially for DMC's case. As for DmC, its taking a more grounded approach, and i know it doesn't seem grounded/real because of all the crazy stuff, but you have to understand that this is a darker version of DMC so the characters are going to actually explore with more emotion and not everyone in real life is always so.... um... eager

Eryx is not well designed. Just look at Eryx, then look at other weapons in DMC, or in Bayonetta, for that matter. Even Scarborough Fair (the guns) are designed better. Kind of funny, really, since Platinum Games consists of the creator of the DMC series and other prominent former members.

Eryx are another version on Beowulf, but... ya know different. Like Gilgamesh had a mask and sweet spinning things. Eryx can shoot out huge molten lava fist! I think all the hand to hand weapons look sweet in DMC

To be able to argue, you need to have arguments first - arguments based on facts, not solely on opinions. Fast-paced is not all we need; I've seen some fast-paced combat in DmC that just isn't focused on creating combos.

Of course, I'll reserve my final opinion of the game for after I play it, but that doesn't mean I don't have the right to evaluate what I've seen so far - they don't show gameplay footage just for the fun of it, after all. By the way, I did defend Nero's character. He can be angry, sad, disappointed, frustrated, and so on. Dante? He just kept joking all the time, and had maybe two emotions; 'fun time', and 'serious face time'. That's it.

I know you hate it when people say, you haven't played it yet... BUT its just a trailer and there isn't too much you can tell. BUT! BUT! Just from the trailers i've seen, i've seen Dante, conflicted, sincere, being an asshole, being playful, yada yada yada. Watch the home Coming video and when he talks with.... um.... anyone besides a demon because Dante doesn't care too much for demons

Now I really need to get to bed. Thanks for arguing with me, though. I always find it fun, I'm weird that way.

Sweet Dreams

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
You can always pre-order and then move your pre-order over to a special edition if one gets announced.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
You can always pre-order and then move your pre-order over to a special edition if one gets announced.
U work at gamestop right? :D so.. is the special addition available yet?

I don't mean to make you work on your off time but... if you can gimmie a little info, that would be awesome

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Ha, dude, my hobby is gaming too, so there's no real "working off the clock" unless you actually want me to sell you stuff, which I can't :p

So far there hasn't been any mention of any special edition in our system. I think, as usual, the SOS edition may only be something for Europe. It could change, but as of now there's nothing there for us other than the pre-order bonuses and the regular version of the game.

Top Bottom