• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

CountDown

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
tumblr_m4lwrc4OwX1qlwdmno1_1280.jpg
HAH!! this just made my night
Sweet Dreams
I c wutchu did there :shifty:

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Sweet Dreams

I'm not talking about the fact that DMC's acting could be over the top at times, I'm talking about the fact that they use better intonation, which has nothing to do with the setting of the games or anything else. The guy who voices the new Dante just doesn't sound like anyone I've ever heard talking (well, there was this one guy at my previous school who put no form of tone in his voice at all; he sounded like a robot). Tim Phillips, I believe his name is, really sounds like he's not trying to be believable at any moment. The only time I heard him sound quasi-sincere was when he raised his voice against Vergil, and it still sounded off.

My problem is not only with some of the combat gameplay, but also with the weapons' design. I could have thought of Eryx in a few seconds, put it on paper, and there you go, a new DmC weapon. What next, a sword made of pixels? Maybe the whole idea was that Beowulf, Ifrit and Gilgamesh were 'the slow weapons' and Rebellion and Lucifer and so on were 'the fast weapons'. I don't see any fast and slow weapons in DmC - the only slow weapon seems to be Eryx, and it doesn't chain into combos very well. The rest are only moderately fast weapons. That means the combos won't be as much fun to look at and perform.

I was actually talking about the old Dante in comparison with Nero, sorry for not pointing that out very clearly. Yes, I'm actually saying Nero was designed better than the old Dante, because he basically had a serious mode and a prankster mode, and that was it.

I've been able to deduce quite a lot from the gameplay footage so far. I've seen all weapons being used, if i recall correctly, and I've seen the players get rankings like S from hardly performing any combos. I realize that doesn't show exactly how the combat will play out, but it's not a good sign, at least. That said, I can understand that they would want to keep most combos hidden so they don't spoil all the fun for us.

Let's hope it's going to be as deep as, or deeper than DMC4.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
does anybody know if you can charge each attack, with the erycs and STILL continue the combo?
You can with every other gauntlet weapon that has appeared in a Devil May Cry game so it is probably safe to say that you can do it with Eryx.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I would love it if they left it in and I doubt it'll be available in the demo.. I heard Greg talk about it be he never did it. if it's not in the game,, the erycs are gonna be worthless and I'll only use the to open doors.

AngelMode

The Eryx can charge each hit and continue the combo, yes. I've seen people do this.

I dunno if the Eryx are going to be in the Demo. Unless the demo they are going to give us is the same Underwatch/Poison Boss Fight/Overturn. With emphasis on Overturn which is the only one where you have access to the Eryx. If it is just Underwatch and Poison Fight then we might have to wait until we get to play around with the gauntlets.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
We aren't gonna be getting overturn, and I don't think they'd give us Eryx, too. That's just being too generous.

berto

I Saw the Devil
We aren't gonna be getting overturn, and I don't think they'd give us Eryx, too. That's just being too generous.
Maybe, but they have a lot to prove and they might deside that adding more might give people pleanty to smile at.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think the shoutgun would be better than the gaunlets, too. A veriey in both guns and mele would be better than lots of mele an one gun set.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
ok here are some things that I'll miss in the new DmC game

1. taunts (I could careless about the narrative)
2. surfing on enemies
3. two some time (dunno if it's possible yet, and I can't think of how it could work without a hardlock)
4. run (dunno if its possible)
5. crazy over the top fight scenes
6. Trish ...:(

things I think have been improved on

1. air mobility
2. better controller lay out
3. better story
4. better graphics (that's a given)
5. the rake
6. better camera

that's all :D

chocolatepanda

I've been able to deduce quite a lot from the gameplay footage so far. I've seen all weapons being used, if i recall correctly, and I've seen the players get rankings like S from hardly performing any combos. I realize that doesn't show exactly how the combat will play out, but it's not a good sign, at least. That said, I can understand that they would want to keep most combos hidden so they don't spoil all the fun for us.

I agree about the S ranks looking easier to get but then i thought about the overall mission ranking at the end, since it seems S ranks are easier to obtain it may be evened out by making it harder to get S ranks on mission or maybe the higher difficulties having a more strict style ranking system.
About angel weapons bein fast and demons slow and powerful i think a better way to describe them is angel weapons are multi-hit crowd crowd control and demons bein more focused on high damage with smaller range.

Right now this is the only decent combo vid for the game

Anyway i hope the demo has the inverse rainstorm cuz im curious to know if im in angel or demon stance will it still do rainstorm? If not then that means there's a chance that there's one more one that hasnt been shown for the angel and demon weapons like possibly real impact for the Erxy.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I agree about the S ranks looking easier to get but then i thought about the overall mission ranking at the end, since it seems S ranks are easier to obtain it may be evened out by making it harder to get S ranks on mission or maybe the higher difficulties having a more strict style ranking system.
About angel weapons bein fast and demons slow and powerful i think a better way to describe them is angel weapons are multi-hit crowd crowd control and demons bein more focused on high damage with smaller range.

Right now this is the only decent combo vid for the game

Anyway i hope the demo has the inverse rainstorm cuz im curious to know if im in angel or demon stance will it still do rainstorm? If not then that means there's a chance that there's one more one that hasnt been shown for the angel and demon weapons like possibly real impact for the Erxy.

Inverse Rainstorm is done by pushing Shoot and Jump at the same time while on the ground. Doing the same input in the air performs the regular Rainstorm.

Top Bottom