• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Cloud VRS Dante

Dante VRS Cloud

• Cloud

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Dante

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Tie, even fight.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Sephiroth wins.:P

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zato-OW

King
What I meant was. Some humans in FF are far far stronger then the strongest humans in DMC. Cloud and Tifa is an example of that. Just two different worlds. Dante is not that good of a swordsman. Well hes good but its nothing to brag about. I'm trying to be on both sides though because Dante could easily beat Cloud if he didn't have Materia. But its a vs topic so anything goes I guess.

Zato-OW

King
I know but the point I was making is he was saying that humans tire out easily. But in FF humans have different standards because its a different world then DMC. That's why I compared Lady with Tifa for an example.

Zato-OW

King
You still don't understand. He was saying that since Cloud is a human that he would tire out much faster then Dante. Now I'm saying that since its two different worlds that that would be false because the humans in FF and DMC are different. See what I'm saying? Its still goes in with this topic stating that fact that Cloud could hang with Dante on a stamina point.

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Black Angel;141526 said:
^Good point again, Cloud never tires easily.

But I don't know what you mean by "different standards"

I mean, I know what you mean. But I don't think that matters.

They are both super human.

IT matters, since it spells the difference as to who would win.

While Cloud is on a "bio-engineered/superhuman" level of strength, Dante is on an "archaic-based/demonic/otherworldly+superhuman" level of strength.^_^

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Black Angel;141507 said:
^I'm trying to say that WITH materia this is a fair fight.

Why wouldn't Cloud use it? "Engage your enemy on no ones terms but yours."

^Read my first post. I said Dante with devil arms vrs Cloud with Materia. This is not a pure swordfight, so go back and look at what actually said. Those are the rules off this match up.

And further more, the glowing materia is just an effect, the game clearly tells you that materia possesses the knowledge of the ancients, the actual spells are cast with his own MP.

You have no proof that Dante can devil trigger without a devil arm, but I didn't say Dante can't use it, but you don't want to give Cloud materia. Even though it is the same.

And I know Sephiroth uses materia, Fanboy remember?:p

Are you really trying to say that that fight was so fast you couldn't see their swords?

Are you kidding me? You can see every cut. I actually train as a swordsman, and I'm telling you Dante is not super fast with his sword and he doesn't actually use any practical moves.

If it whereat for his devil powers, a normal human could out-sword Dante. I know a few of them.

are you completely sure? i'm a ghost-writer for encyclopedias at my early age, and Dante is actually good at handling the sword, and what he does is a little infused with style that's why you think it's not practical at all.

And in DMC3, that fight on top of Temen-ni-Gru? if that wasn't superfast, then invent another word for it. dude, IT WAS SUPERFAST. like what Kaihedgie said, it created a sphere of pressure around them and it stopped the intense, storm rain from touching them. if that wasn't superfast, then what was it,hmm?

training as a swordsman, eh? well, i guess you haven't heard of Highlander style, the method of using zweihanders. go look it up.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^I could take that as an insult, but I'll let it slide.

I know what highlander style is, I'm of Irish decent so I know all about large swords used by them and the Scottish. A competent swordsman using modern day Akido could whoop a highlander.

And I will say it again, with Dante's in game moveset you would be easy to disarm, out maneuver and defeat.

On the other hand, Advent Children used some real martial arts for the characters moves.

Zato-OW

King
You have to really think about it.He was disarmed by Nero and Nero is considered a rookie when put up against Dante. Which Nero's sword skills are unique to his own style but as I'm guessing that was his first time picking up and using a sword like Yamato. So either Dante's sword skills arent up there or he let his sword fly away on purpose. But I don't blame him, he kills everything with one hit anyway, lol.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^During some of Dante's combos the sword leaves his hands.:dry:

Dante uses a style that is for fighting demons, not other humans with swords.

Kaihedgie

forbiden crystl;142322 said:
Oh come on, Cloud would kick Dantes ass!

If you're goin' to say who's going to win, at least state areason why, or else your opinion doesn't count

Black Angel said:
^During some of Dante's combos the sword leaves his hands.

Dante uses a style that is for fighting demons, not other humans with swords.
It matters not if he fights a human or a demon. Sorreh, but that statement was just kinda stupid.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Someone's opinion always counts, and if you wish to hear reasons then you should kindly ask someone to elaborate on things.

It wasn't stupid at all. Demons and humans have had different trainings, and practices with weapons. Demons may be more advanced in their styles than humans are, so he was merely saying that Dante has only had his knowledge of how to fight past down to him by a demon who fought for humans; and therefore Sparda may have wielded his blade different to those he fought which is why he outperformed them. Dante is use to fighting demons and he uses his styles accordingly. He has no understanding of how to face human in a sword battle.

Kaihedgie

LordOfDarkness;142428 said:
^ Someone's opinion always counts, and if you wish to hear reasons then you should kindly ask someone to elaborate on things.

It wasn't stupid at all. Demons and humans have had different trainings, and practices with weapons. Demons may be more advanced in their styles than humans are, so he was merely saying that Dante has only had his knowledge of how to fight past down to him by a demon who fought for humans; and therefore Sparda may have wielded his blade different to those he fought which is why he outperformed them. Dante is use to fighting demons and he uses his styles accordingly. He has no understanding of how to face human in a sword battle.

I usually don't take people's opinions if they're biased like that.

On the contrary, he knows how to deal with humanoid opponents, the primary cases being Vergil and Nero. It's not a matter of what fighting style he uses because he uses only one, which is the one he created to fit his strength and agility and its flow only changes depending on whether or not the opponent is bestial, huge or humanoid. So tell me this: how does fighting bestial and huge demons put him a disadvantage when fighting humanoid demons despite having triumphed one six times, with the first three having been versed in the art of Iaido and making a fool out of another? On a side note, he's had to fight his own Doppelganger as well and last I checked, none of the characters in FFVII ever fought a duplicate of their selves.

Sparda™

^ First, you're none to judge about a person's opinion is biased/stupid/lame/immature or not.

Second, everyone's opinion counts.

Third, Dante is in a very vague position in the order of power in the Devil May Cry universe.

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
You know what? you can' really be sure if Dante doesn't know how to deal with human opponents, cause the style he uses is definitely recognizable, minus the flair and style. I'm screaming it out, please mind me: IT's THE ZWEIHANDER HIGHLANDER STYLE.

And some dude pointed out, CLoud could practically fly. well, Dante can,ermm....~_~

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Black Angel;142282 said:
^I could take that as an insult, but I'll let it slide.

I know what highlander style is, I'm of Irish decent so I know all about large swords used by them and the Scottish. A competent swordsman using modern day Akido could whoop a highlander.

And I will say it again, with Dante's in game moveset you would be easy to disarm, out maneuver and defeat.

On the other hand, Advent Children used some real martial arts for the characters moves.

O...K...

The red-caped punk apologizes.

Kaihedgie

Sparda™;142520 said:
^ First, you're none to judge about a person's opinion is biased/stupid/lame/immature or not.

Second, everyone's opinion counts.

Third, Dante is in a very vague position in the order of power in the Devil May Cry universe.

Everyone maybe entitled to their own opinion, but what good is an opinion if you don't have a real reason behind it beyond preference? So please, enough with this already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom