• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Cloud VRS Dante

Dante VRS Cloud

• Cloud

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Dante

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Tie, even fight.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Sephiroth wins.:P

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
GIIIIIIIIRLZ :D;140393 said:
rofllzzzz you're the one who seemed to get defensive when I didn't agree with your original post. "Go watch AC" seemed like a bonafied stupid 1st degree retort to me. Anyway, digress. ¦^D

Your claims would more likely make them match up as even pair in terms of abilities, however I don't see how this overrides my opinion of Dante winning.

^Advent Children is where you see cloud fighting at his best, at a level where he could fight Dante purely in terms of his sword skills. So it wasn't a stupid retort. You are the one who insulted me, so don't play the victim just cause I used the movie to back up my argument and you got no real comeback other than to call me stupid.:dry:

And yes, the fight is even.

Rebellion327 said:
COME ON, man!!! Dante's the son of a Lucifer-like demon who just trashed the ass of Satan in the DMC universe!!! Cloud won't last a minute with Dante if Dante really tried to seriously fight him.

If Cloud needs to activate the Materia, then Dante doesn't need to do that. It's all passive and doesn't eat up his energy, unlike Cloud who relies on AP and MP to get moves done.

Seriously, if Cloud has Devil like powers, then Dante IS a DEVIL,and not just an ordinary devil, too... lets see your emo "i'm-not-strong-enough" git match up to that.~_~

^There isn't AP in Final Fantasy 7, first of all. And just as much as Cloud needs MP, Dante has limited Devil trigger.

Dante is a devil, Cloud is a super human infused with the power of Jenova. Fair fight, emo or not.

GIIIIIIIIRLZ :D

yesyesyeseseyeessss
Black Angel;140468 said:
^Advent Children is where you see cloud fighting at his best, at a level where he could fight Dante purely in terms of his sword skills. So it wasn't a stupid retort. You are the one who insulted me, so don't play the victim just cause I used the movie to back up my argument and you got no real comeback other than to call me stupid.:dry:

And yes, the fight is even.
Yes, it was a stupid retort to me since you went over your ass to assume that I hadn't seen AC just because I thought Dante would still smash ass - in other words, I couldn't see your point. And now that is just wtf, I never insulted you |^: I p!ssed on AC and your retort, but not you. That's a bollocks reinterpretation.

When I said 'even' I meant in terms of abilities, I didn't say the fight would be even. Skills however is something else, and I still think Dante has the upper hand simply for his longevity and his love for fighting. I thought I might also clear up that reraise doesn't revive the dead per se, it just brings them back up after getting knocked out. I have a hard time seeing Cloud raise up as quickly as Dante would were he to get impaled in the chest. Or any vital part for that matter.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^I still don't think so, there are alot of powerful materia Cloud could use that do cooler things than devil trigger. Like summoning, or status magic like slow or poison or other things that could slow Dante down.

Dante would have his hands full.

GIIIIIIIIRLZ :D

yesyesyeseseyeessss
Well, true that about the status effects.

PSSST. SOMEONE STOCK HIM UP ON REMEDIES.
cunning.gif

Dog Lord Taisho

IMO Dante would win. The do match in swordskill, but not in speed or physical strength. Dante has the advantage in the both of those. And for all the materia that Cloud could utilize, Dante has all his devil arm to match. Super human doesnt equal devil/demon. Cloud was fatally wounded but a bullet at the end of advent children, whule Dante has taken a bullet to the head, and several stabs through the torso. Most of this he did so with out a single problem. Dante can take more damage, and dish out more damage, and for a much longer time than Cloud could. the would-be SOLDIER doesnt stand a chance. DMC3 Dante would be enough to beat him, dont even get me started on DMC4 Dante, then its just ridiculous

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Black Angel;140525 said:
^I still don't think so, there are alot of powerful materia Cloud could use that do cooler things than devil trigger. Like summoning, or status magic like slow or poison or other things that could slow Dante down.

Dante would have his hands full.

Dante wouldn't need his devil trigger when fighting Cloud, anyways.^_^

He'd be dancing round him and laughing as if Cloud were a kid.^_^

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^You are only saying that you want Dante to win, you are not producing an argument as to why.

And anyway Cloud and Dante's physical strength are roughly equal. Just look at the size of Clouds Sword.:lol:

And they can take the same amount of punishment If Cloud has healing Materia, in the movie he doesn't that is why he is mortaly wounded by that bullet at the end. Plus there is a materia that makes Cloud very resistant to damage.

It would not be easy for Dante to beat him.

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Black Angel;140688 said:
^You are only saying that you want Dante to win, you are not producing an argument as to why.

And anyway Cloud and Dante's physical strength are roughly equal. Just look at the size of Clouds Sword.:lol:

And they can take the same amount of punishment If Cloud has healing Materia, in the movie he doesn't that is why he is mortaly wounded by that bullet at the end. Plus there is a materia that makes Cloud very resistant to damage.

It would not be easy for Dante to beat him.

uh, DUHH.

aren't you reading my earlier posts?

If you weren't, here's how it goes: Dante's the son of the most strongest demon in existence, who just beat the crap of Lucifer in the DMC universe a couple of millenia ago before DMC1. And if you've finished DMC4, there's an unlockable story theater that even says Dante is much more stronger now than his father Sparda.

and uh, just look at the size of the awakened ForceEdge. that a couple of times larger than Cloud's sword, and he swings it as if it weighed like nothing.~_~

Dog Lord Taisho;140535 said:
IMO Dante would win. The do match in swordskill, but not in speed or physical strength. Dante has the advantage in the both of those. And for all the materia that Cloud could utilize, Dante has all his devil arm to match. Super human doesnt equal devil/demon. Cloud was fatally wounded but a bullet at the end of advent children, whule Dante has taken a bullet to the head, and several stabs through the torso. Most of this he did so with out a single problem. Dante can take more damage, and dish out more damage, and for a much longer time than Cloud could. the would-be SOLDIER doesnt stand a chance. DMC3 Dante would be enough to beat him, dont even get me started on DMC4 Dante, then its just ridiculous

If you're disregarding the other reasons as to why Dante would win, then read this. maybe this'll prove it.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Rebellion327;140725 said:
uh, DUHH.

aren't you reading my earlier posts?

If you weren't, here's how it goes: Dante's the son of the most strongest demon in existence, who just beat the crap of Lucifer in the DMC universe a couple of millenia ago before DMC1. And if you've finished DMC4, there's an unlockable story theater that even says Dante is much more stronger now than his father Sparda.

and uh, just look at the size of the awakened ForceEdge. that a couple of times larger than Cloud's sword, and he swings it as if it weighed like nothing.~_~

^The sword of Sparda is about the same as Cloud's Advent children Buster sword and I don't care if he is stronger than Sparda, he has his limits. The amount of punishment he can take is just as finite as Cloud with materia because Dante has demonic regeneration and Cloud has restoratoin and regenerative spells.

And yes I finished 4 and If I remember correctly when Dante's life bar runs out, he is just as dead.:lol:

And the "Uh DUH" was unnecessary and rude, if you are going to argue do it without resorting to that it makes you look less mature:p

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh will you people give it a rest, please?

First off, they are just fictional characters. Second off, there would be no reason for Dante to fight Cloud if they were to ever meet *Cross between the two gaming Universes*

And BA, you are saying things such as "Cloud would be great if he had..." That's all well and good, but that's just like saying "Dante would win if he has already surpassed his father's power .etc." The point being, is that nobody can say who would win and who wouldn't. It is all opinions and nothing more, so it is foolish for you guys to argue and back up your points as if it means Everything. Just say your opinion and then leave the thread alone. As that will stop people from seeing you as "Someone who doesn't back down" and they will just continue to bash your points. Please people, consider what I have to say before you reply...

I personally do not like these threads, but I am for Dante as I think he has the strength and the stamina to hold out long enough to defeat Cloud.

Kaihedgie

Dante would have won. In addition, Cloud's new sword wasn't designed with Materia slots nor has he relied on them since havin' been equipped with the First Tsurugi. Dante's half-demon body is more resistant to damage than Cloud's is and also displays equal swordsmanship, if not better. I am well aware of both characters' incredible agility, as with Cloud's knife-like ease of the First Tsurugi and its other swords. I am not picking Dante out of preference, so don't confuse my choice as bias

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^The sword does have materia slots, let me find a pic:lol:

Even if it didn't cloud could equip an armor with materia slot, like he does in the game.:p

LordOfDarkness;141061 said:
Oh will you people give it a rest, please?

First off, they are just fictional characters. Second off, there would be no reason for Dante to fight Cloud if they were to ever meet *Cross between the two gaming Universes*

And BA, you are saying things such as "Cloud would be great if he had..." That's all well and good, but that's just like saying "Dante would win if he has already surpassed his father's power .etc." The point being, is that nobody can say who would win and who wouldn't. It is all opinions and nothing more, so it is foolish for you guys to argue and back up your points as if it means Everything. Just say your opinion and then leave the thread alone. As that will stop people from seeing you as "Someone who doesn't back down" and they will just continue to bash your points. Please people, consider what I have to say before you reply...

I personally do not like these threads, but I am for Dante as I think he has the strength and the stamina to hold out long enough to defeat Cloud.

Some of us are capable of having a mature informed debate about our game characters. If you don't want to join that is your decision, but I'm having fun.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Nope - only FF10...I don't have the patience to go through any more FF games :lol:

But I'm guessing he has ridiculous hair? Like massive sticky up craziness?

Kaihedgie

Angel;141084 said:
Nope - only FF10...I don't have the patience to go through any more FF games :lol:

But I'm guessing he has ridiculous hair? Like massive sticky up craziness?

That and immense drama air he emits, but for good reason. Up to Advent Children, Cloud's mind was seriously f*cked up.. Anywayz, Cloud is considered the symbol of Japanese RPG protagonists, design wise

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^While I admit he was emo, he is still a more human character is terms of realistic flaws. Not like what Dante is in 4. But that is off topic.:lol:

He could fight any enemy Dante could. After all he beat Bahamut:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom