• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Lowered Their Expectations To 1.2 Million

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Besides, you know this flaming and arguing is what Mundus wants. It was his plan to split the fans and you're falling for his trap:lol:
Captureyhu_zps97a386e8.png

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I'll raise my glass for that.

YRlMDFW.gif
I wish I could find that gif where the guy walks into a room with boxes of pizza, and sees the flame and chaos of his flatmates. Damn that'd be so fitting right now! T.T Someone used it to describe the DMC fandom it was funny XD

ChaserTech

The "Dinosaur-Vergil" BS.

How did that greatly hinder DmC's sales? Not to mention that ending was debunked from Tameem himself.

It would be the same if it was DMC5. Because :
1- People buy FPS or RPG games in these years.
2- People interest in dungeons, dragons, spartacus type games like GoW, DInferno, DarkS etc
3- Its easy to make LoTR like movies aganist The Matrix.
4- That game advertised terribly. First trailers and gameplays were awful.
5- People dont like CHANGES. Give them the same thing over and over, they would be ok with it.
6- Past favorite movies, musics and games made their minds so IDOLIC that nothing can take its place
7- i can go but tired..

My point was that this . . .

I wont chill while haters spread insults, stupid gifs, thousands rant videos, trillion hate threads and keep making stupid jokes..

. . . doesn't mean that it would hinder DmC sales to a point where the game would flop drastically.

And @ number 4: If a DMC5 was made, and it stuck with DMC's original overall concepts (mainly gameplay and character personalities), I'm sure a lot of people would have liked a DMC5 rather than a DmC since DMC had minimal thoughts for a reboot until DmC was announced.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
This community is in need of this:

images

Seriously guys, both series deserve to be continued, wether you favor one or the other...(Im still sad about megaman legends)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oy... that's alot of things I want to respond to...

Brace yourselfs!

Haters win.
Yay?

ITS OFFICIAL NT KILLED THE FRANCHISE
YOU BASTARDS!!
1004_fight1_m4.jpg
Believe it or not, there STILL are people who can't get over Dante's look.
Well, when they say he's iconic it's not an exageration.

the guns look retarded too

Yep... Not sure if that's enough to make or break the game though.

A goddamn shame so many people just refused to give this game a fair shot. They wouldn't know a bad game if it hit them in the face.
Wouldn't be the first time a great game goes unplayed. Pretty common, actually. Some of the greatest games I've ever played were financial falures.

DmC is NOT as bad as all those people against it make it out to be. Most of them never even played the f*cking thing! It's been very freaking trivial things no matter how they try to dice it and this fanbase consist of some real idiots and crybabies man. I swear when and if this series does return if it's another 4 then I'm done with Devil May Cry for good.
Nor is it as perfect as everyone else makes out to be. I've played it, I've played the rest, the game is not a 9, not a 1 ether, but not a 9.

Like I said again, there are some people who still won't get over the look. At least (what I heard) his hair would turn white at the end of the freaking game!
Yep. A lot of people can't get over the hair, but that's just a few people. There are more reasons than the 'hair' behind other people's dislike.

WHAT KIND OF COMPANY does a reboot and then moves back to the originals? Like seriously, who the f*ck does that? I never seen any. If a company did a reboot and it didin't go well, chances are they would let the franchise die. I also agree with you by saying that it was smart by them to lower it, cuz no HnS game would sell 2 million in two months.
Capcom's juggled two or more universes of the same franchise before, exept that back then the phrace 'reboot' wasn't so popular. What possible reason could they have to not go forward with both versions if they so wished? Because it's just not done? Because no one else would do it?

Are you telling me that DmC is so far the lowest selling game in the franchise? That kinda baffles me.

I myself found the game a fun one, but not one that completely won me over to the point to where I'm like "f*ck the old series, I love this one!"
I think I only ever met one person who actually felt like that. Otherwise people who like both are more common. It's not as though it's forbiden to like both.

I can safely say I'm a hardcore Devil May Cry fan but you have to be a complete idiot to think that DmC does not live up to the Devil May Cry expectation.
I disagree. And why? Because the devil is in the details and DmC, while the overall is fine there are too may little things that get in the way of it acheaving it's full potential.

DmC freaking surpasses the originals in some aspects and is definitely better than 2 and 4 period.
2? Yeah, that ain't hard, but I don't really know if I agree it been better than 4, haven't played that in a while but I remember thinking it was on par. I have to go play it again before I say a definitive yay or nay.

It is just the trivial... some stupid ass freaking fanboys. DmC is NOT bad! It freaking deserves to be played. More so than that lazy piece of sh!t 4!
I don't fully agree with all of this ether. While some of it is true it's also mixed in with a rather focefully pushed opinion. If it was, indeed, trivial and what not it wouldn't impair sales.

I'm not trying to get people to think like me but there's no denying how stupid this fandom is. As of about 30 minutes ago my death threat count went into the double digits simply because I made fun of Dante's look in 4.
Fandom is an odd thing, and it is, if looked at objectively, rather moronic, but in this i will not claim that one side is been the better to the other, both supporters and 'haterz' are and have been acting rather poorly and have been giving the gaming comunity a bad name. I, myself, have participated in imature behaviour in this matter but I won't try to make excuses for myself, I've done it, no excuses. I doesn't even matter who started it anymore, ether, it's just a cluttered mess of fighting.

Pre-release:

"Nobody cares what you fanboys think! If you like the old games so much just ignore the reboot, go play them and keep living in the past! It'll be a huge success without you nerds anyway!!"

Post-release:

"W-why didn't you h-h-haters even give it a chance?! Q-quit playing the old games and drop $60 on a game you don't want!"
... *sigh* I remember been told that a few times.

Not helping... But it's a little funny.

To be Continued...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
We get that you don't like DMC4.
We get that you think DmC took a step in the right direction.

You've said this at least 20 times now. But you really need to stop forcing your opinions as facts. It really makes you seem like you're bashing anyone who likes DMC4 and dislikes DmC. Especially since you keep claiming that DMC4 was on par with DMC2, which is a really exaggerated statement.

opinions.gif

Also, that signature isn't yours. (Just noticed it now) I don't know why you are using it when you didn't create it yourself/probably didn't asked for the original creator's permission to use it. :/
I love The Big Lebowski!

As for DMC 4, it's the worst Devil May Cry in the series. I hated what that game represented because if Capcom really gave a sh!t about Devil May Cry, they wouldn't have released something as lazy and crappy as 4 especially after something great like 3.

As for the Spider-Man picture, I just found it browsing images on google and thought it looked cool because I love Spider-Man. I don't know who did it. Never will. Does it really matter? I just saw Spider-Man and went cool, saved.

Slacri

Looking over the sales data, I'm wondering what will happen to Ninja Theory. This is their third game that has bombed. None of their games have been financial successes.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think DmC is the worst one in the series. Not counting 2 of course.
Is DmC counted in the series? Or as it is a reboot, shouldn't it be considered the start of its own series? Therefore, it has nothing to be compared to yet. It can be all by itself.

Slacri

Is DmC counted in the series? Or as it is a reboot, shouldn't it be considered the start of its own series? Therefore, it has nothing to be compared to yet. It can be all by itself.
It is still apart of the Devil May Cry franchise.

The funny part is that DMC4 got pushed out the door by Capcom in a not even half complete Frankengame state because they wanted to hurry up and sell sell sell.

Whereas DmC got triple the years for NT to take their sweet ass time, marketing out the ass including a tie in comic and ****ty phone app, even preorder/DLC incentives (made up of stuff that came standard in the other games)

yet DmC was still just a fart in the wind that the general public is already forgetting

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It is still apart of the Devil May Cry franchise.
yes, but I was asking is it part of the DMC series, or because it is a reboot, shouldn't it be its own series.
The funny part is that DMC4 got pushed out the door by Capcom in a not even half complete Frankengame state because they wanted to hurry up and sell sell sell.

Whereas DmC got triple the years for NT to take their sweet ass time, marketing out the ass including a tie in comic and ****ty phone app, even preorder/DLC incentives (made up of stuff that came standard in the other games)

yet DmC was still just a fart in the wind that the general public is already forgetting
There's really no need to be like that. We'd just got this thread back to being funny. ^_^

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Has anyone ever noticed that in the DMC series all the odd numbered games in the series (1,3) were super amazing and all the even numbered games (2,4) were rushed and got their development time cut. You may ask that why would I say this? Well I feel like the only one who notices this :|

Top Bottom