• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Lowered Their Expectations To 1.2 Million

ChaserTech

I'm not sure if I should facepalm or applaud.

whynotboth.jpg

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
I'm pretty sure Capcom are the one who wanted the reboot, NT just did their job ^^.
Actually in the interviews NT was at capcom university everyday asking to reboot devil may cry cause they felt Dante was out dated and he needs a new look

Onecrazymonkey1

This saddens me a little. I've loved classic Dante and DMC since the beginning but the reboot was a breath of fresh air for me. I was honestly hoping they would continue with both series but now I don't think I'll get a classic or reboot continuation.

:(

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
It seems like most people ignored my post. DMC3 sold a mere 1.3 million in 4 years and yet they still went on and made DMC4. I think Capcom might greenlight a sequel if DmC sells well enough in the long term.

Slacri

It seems like most people ignored my post. DMC3 sold a mere 1.3 million in 4 years and yet they still went on and made DMC4. I think Capcom might greenlight a sequel if DmC sells well enough in the long term.
DMC3 didn't have nearly the budget that DmC did in advertising or production with that expensive mocap equipment. It also came out at a time when the market was much smaller. DmC was advertised like crazy. Everytime I walked into GameStop I saw two cardboard cut outs of Dante and the trailer playing on their TV. There's also the app and all the YouTube ad campaigns. DMC3 didn't have anywhere close to that.

Also, 4 years? Any source on that? Because the sales charts from Capcom do not include the special edition which came out only a year after DMC3. I suspect DMC3's sales plus the special edition are closer to 2 million.

EvilX-81

Not to mention Tameem doesn't care if the game sells well or not. Pretty sure the only dev that would be flipping out would be Capcom.

If he really doesn't care, then that would be a shame, especially as he was creative director. I would have thought he'd be more invested in the game, but maybe he just 'switched off' because of all the negativity. :/
You're right though; Capcom has more to lose from this than NT. I'm hoping they can learn and apply this experience to making and marketing future games.

I took that particular comment as meaning he just wants to get his vision out (particularly by this point where he's practically getting attacked for every word he says and is being torn between placating the angry old school dmc'ers and trying to fulfill Capcom's vision of something almost totally different.)

Kinda like "I don't care if I didn't come in first, I'm proud of my performance and what I did."

How did that greatly hinder DmC's sales? Not to mention that ending was debunked from Tameem himself.

Hah, yea they totally believed him. They actually thought he and Greg was lying, like with the "Dante design being modeled after Tameem" instance. **** was still being treated as gospel across youtube and the forums.

m100t8s

Actually in the interviews NT was at capcom university everyday asking to reboot devil may cry cause they felt Dante was out dated and he needs a new look
Worst post of the day.

That doesn't even feel right and hard to believe, How about a source?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Worst post of the day.

That doesn't even feel right and hard to believe, How about a source?
Besides, I was under the impression that NT was approached by Capcom, not the other way around because Capcom wanted NT's Western design and art style. The only thing NT had help with was creating the combat.

MedicoreR

I'm not sure if I should facepalm or applaud.
Just facepalm
Cause ive just baited you. Silly..

So just because I liked his posts, he's a hater all of sudden, even though Soupie have several times in other threads said that he likes DmC?
That's some interesting logic you got there.

You know you are the only hater that i love in this forum.
I was just playing to BAIT that kid.
No offense, bro.

m100t8s

Besides, I was under the impression that NT was approached by Capcom, not the other way around because Capcom wanted NT's Western design and art style. The only thing NT had help with was creating the combat.
Capcom: We didn't reboot DMC! It's Tameem and Ninja Theory! They forced us to give them the rights!

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The following image is not rooted in reality then? Serious question. Saw someone post this somewhere else, and since no source is given I don't know how credible it is.

VhyiHYm.png
I think it was mentioned on this thread that those figures were wrong. Just a joke...or bait...whatever way you see it. ^_^

Top Bottom