• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Lowered Their Expectations To 1.2 Million

Zato-OW

King
I think the worst part about the sales of DmC compared to DMC4 is that look at the time when DMC4 was sold compared to DmC. DMC4 was in a era where there were less PS3/Xbox360 consoles sold around the world. This was 5 years ago during the early years of those systems and go and compare the sales numbers of PS3/360 units sold from the year DMC4 was release to now. That is the most hurtful thing about DmC sells. You cannot blame the economy for bad sales because other games have been selling well no matter what the economy is currently in, whether it was 5 years ago or now.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Has anyone ever noticed that in the DMC series all the odd numbered games in the series (1,3) were super amazing and all the even numbered games (2,4) were rushed and got their development time cut. You may ask that why would I say this? Well I feel like the only one who notices this :|
Nope I get it. It is kinda weird. I mean, I liked DMC4, but looking back, it's not the same as 3 or 1.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Has anyone ever noticed that in the DMC series all the odd numbered games in the series (1,3) were super amazing and all the even numbered games (2,4) were rushed and got their development time cut. You may ask that why would I say this? Well I feel like the only one who notices this :|

It's kind'a like Star Trek. Up until Nemesis, the even number moved were good, and then Nemesis bit it hard and 2009's Alt Universe kicked it off with a worthy spin-off. DMC seems to follow that with odd numbered games being good and even numbered being cash-in quick jobs.

berto

I Saw the Devil
This is getting pretty dark....and sad....do we just break out the popcorn now to cook on these flames that burn everything?
Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert_zps6b6671bf.gif
HEY!!!:mad:

pass the popcorn?
This community is in need of this:

images

Seriously guys, both series deserve to be continued, wether you favor one or the other...(Im still sad about megaman legends)
Well, well, some one here seems to think that Capcom's made of money. It doesn't grow on trees, young man!

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Nope I get it. It is kinda weird. I mean, I liked DMC4, but looking back, it's not the same as 3 or 1.
which is funny and sad because with 4 if development wasn't cut the developers could have done the ideas you saw in the art work and stuffs then it couldve been the best DMC yet
It's kind'a like Star Trek. Up until Nemesis, the even number moved were good, and then Nemesis bit it hard and 2009's Alt Universe kicked it off with a worthy spin-off. DMC seems to follow that with odd numbered games being good and even numbered being cash-in quick jobs.
yeah thats what i though it reminded me of so it was even more strange

ChaserTech

Y'know I do wish Capcom could pull off a MGR and do DMC5 while also making DmC. Have NT work on DmC while Capcom works on DMC5 possibly. But because of costs of production, I'm sure it would take a huge chunk out of Capcom's finances.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Y'know I do wish Capcom could pull off a MGR and do DMC5 while also making DmC. Have NT work on DmC while Capcom works on DMC5 possibly. But because of costs of production, I'm sure it would take a huge chunk out of Capcom's finances.
Got to agree. Why don't they just let NT have DmC, but still help with fighting mechanics while Capcom work on DMC5. But, yeah, costs do come into play.>_<

Popcorn sucks.
What do you like more than popcorn then? Seeing as you say it sucks, I guess anything is better. How about turd sandwich?:lol: I kidd, I just couldn't resist making a tasteless joke. :p

Nero.

What do you like more than popcorn then? Seeing as you say it sucks, I guess anything is better. How about turd sandwich?:lol: I kidd, I just couldn't resist making a tasteless joke. :p

M&M'S snack food of the gods.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
But how so?

If Squire Enix and Konami can afford to do it I'm sure Capcom can as well.
I'd like to think they could, but with sales the way they are, wpuld Capcom be afraid to spend money doing that? Especially with the current economic climate.
M&M'S snack food of the gods.
Sweet! I like candy in general. It keeps me awake at night:p

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'd like to think they could, but with sales the way they are, wpuld Capcom be afraid to spend money doing that? Especially with the current economic climate.

well they don't have to do it right away.

They can take a break for a year or 2 from the series to see if their financial earnings are going up at a rate they like and decide then.

I'd say Capcom definitely has the money to do it.

Its now a matter now of whether they would be willing to do it.

vakarian23

I think from Capcom's point of view it would be most wise to wait how MGR and the new MGS turn out. If both turn out to be somewhat successful they might try to pull off a similar feat.

Slacri

I think from Capcom's point of view it would be most wise to wait how MGR and the new MGS turn out. If both turn out to be somewhat successful they might try to pull off a similar feat.
DMC doesn't have anywhere close to the commercial success that the Metal Gear series does.

Top Bottom