• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Lowered Their Expectations To 1.2 Million

Pre-release:

"Nobody cares what you fanboys think! If you like the old games so much just ignore the reboot, go play them and keep living in the past! It'll be a huge success without you nerds anyway!!"

Post-release:

"W-why didn't you h-h-haters even give it a chance?! Q-quit playing the old games and drop $60 on a game you don't want!"

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
GUYS GUYS!!!

PLEASE! cant we all just get along. we all love Devil May Cry old or new. cant we all just calm down and talk like friends. We're on the same side :D
million_peace.jpg

so please, play nice :D

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
F*ck that sh!t dude. I've been playing Devil May Cry since the demo showed with Code Veronica and it's one of my favorite video game franchises of all time. I can safely say I'm a hardcore Devil May Cry fan but you have to be a complete idiot to think that DmC does not live up to the Devil May Cry expectation. The original game is still my favorite but now is NOT the time to look back to the previous games because DmC holds way more potential than whatever sh!t the previous games left us with. DmC freaking surpasses the originals in some aspects and is definitely better than 2 and 4 period.

It is just the trivial things that got you people all butthurt no matter how you try and dice it. DmC was the step in the right direction for a series pushing 12 years old and was starting to die whether you want to admit it or not. DmC introduces some unique stuff the series has never seen before all while still keeping what makes a Devil May Cry Devil May Cry. If anyone says otherwise then they probably never played Devil May Cry or really just anime fans ***** because Devil May Cry wasn't trying to be an anime anymore. I think ****ed off anime fans aren't far from the truth because they can be some of the most narrow minded and annoying fans out there. I might be letting a little bit of my rage shine through here but quite frankly I'm just ****ed that one of my favorite gaming series might go under because of some stupid ass freaking fanboys. DmC is NOT bad! It freaking deserves to be played. More so than that lazy piece of sh!t 4!
You see it's stuff like this that makes the game you're trying to defend look bad and can't be taken seriously by anyone. And that goes for anyone who shares a similar mindset.

Oh and to the posts above me, that is the most epic peace sign I have ever seen.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Uh, just because it's old, doesn't mean it's less valid at all.

Although, they never actually said they wanted to sell 5 million in general. It was just implied. Which, again, doesn't really match up as a "valid" piece of evidence showing Capcom wants to sell 5 million.

There's that interview there which doesn't even say much except the obvious observation that "other games sell more than DMC". The actual overview of strategies and plans that they published for the fiscal year spanning from Apr 2012 ending Mar 2013 projected 2 million sales for DmC, but that was back when the release date was supposedly sometime in the fourth quarter 2012. I'm not sure if that was fourth quarter in the calendar year, or the fiscal year, but regardless they pushed the release date back anyway and now they have to adjust. They should have done the adjustment ages ago tbh.

Them revising their projections isn't really a new thing anyway. Reminds me of a post on the NT Forums compiling the projected sales figures for the other games seeing how they compared with the actual sales.

moseslmpg said:
With all the recent hubbub about the "victory" of the fans against Capcom's megalomaniacal 5 million projected sales figure for DmC [hint: they never made such a claim], I decided to look into the projected sales figures for all the previous games and see how they stacked up to the actual sales that resulted. The figures are pretty interesting. [...] When not cited, sales figures are from this page.

DMC1 (PS2)
Projected: 800,000 (USA and Europe only)Page 11
Actual: 1,420,000 (USA and Europe only, 1 fiscal year later)Page 13
Discrepancy: +620,000

DMC2 (PS2)
Projected: 1,780,000 (Initial)Page 13/1,660,000 (Revised)Page 14
Actual: 1,500,000 (as of Nov 2003, roughly 1 fiscal year later)Page 7 ALSO 1,700,000 (lifetime sales)
Discrepancy: -280,000/+160,000 (1 fiscal year later) ALSO -80,000/+40,000 (for lifetime sales)

DMC3 (PS2/PC)
Projected: N/A (No official projections are available for DMC3, to my knowledge)
Actual: 1,300,000 (lifetime)
Discrepancy: N/A

DMC4 (PS3/360/PC)
Projected: 1,800,000 (PS3/360 only)Page 15
Actual: 2,320,000 (PS3/360 only, 1 fiscal year later)Page 12 ALSO 2,600,000 (lifetime sales)
Discrepancy: +520,000 ALSO +800,000 (for lifetime sales)

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Pre-release:

"Nobody cares what you fanboys think! If you like the old games so much just ignore the reboot, go play them and keep living in the past! It'll be a huge success without you nerds anyway!!"

Post-release:

"W-why didn't you h-h-haters even give it a chance?! Q-quit playing the old games and drop $60 on a game you don't want!"

Babby's first troll. :p

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Where do you think we are?

132065164442.jpg

epKqI.jpg

a TinTin parody?

nah, i just see a lot of friction here, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. itd be better if we can respect this and just remain civil (ish)

ChaserTech

F*ck that sh!t dude. I've been playing Devil May Cry since the demo showed with Code Veronica and it's one of my favorite video game franchises of all time. I can safely say I'm a hardcore Devil May Cry fan but you have to be a complete idiot to think that DmC does not live up to the Devil May Cry expectation. The original game is still my favorite but now is NOT the time to look back to the previous games because DmC holds way more potential than whatever sh!t the previous games left us with. DmC freaking surpasses the originals in some aspects and is definitely better than 2 and 4 period.

It is just the trivial things that got you people all butthurt no matter how you try and dice it. DmC was the step in the right direction for a series pushing 12 years old and was starting to die whether you want to admit it or not. DmC introduces some unique stuff the series has never seen before all while still keeping what makes a Devil May Cry Devil May Cry. If anyone says otherwise then they probably never played Devil May Cry or really just anime fans ***** because Devil May Cry wasn't trying to be an anime anymore. I think ****ed off anime fans aren't far from the truth because they can be some of the most narrow minded and annoying fans out there. I might be letting a little bit of my rage shine through here but quite frankly I'm just ****ed that one of my favorite gaming series might go under because of some stupid ass freaking fanboys. DmC is NOT bad! It freaking deserves to be played. More so than that lazy piece of sh!t 4!

We get that you don't like DMC4.
We get that you think DmC took a step in the right direction.

You've said this at least 20 times now. But you really need to stop forcing your opinions as facts. It really makes you seem like you're bashing anyone who likes DMC4 and dislikes DmC. Especially since you keep claiming that DMC4 was on par with DMC2, which is a really exaggerated statement.

opinions.gif

Also, that signature isn't yours. (Just noticed it now) I don't know why you are using it when you didn't create it yourself/probably didn't asked for the original creator's permission to use it. :/

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I can see why Tameem has become the whipping boy for DmC, but he's not responsible on his own. So they tried, and while it's not what Capcom wanted in terms of sales, NT still did what Capcom contracted them to do. They did something different. If blaming must be done, it's also Capcom, not just NT who are responisble.

ChaserTech

I can see why Tameem has become the whipping boy for DmC, but he's not responsible on his own. So they tried, and while it's not what Capcom wanted in terms of sales, NT still did what Capcom contracted them to do. They did something different. If blaming must be done, it's also Capcom, not just NT who are responisble.

Not to mention Tameem doesn't care if the game sells well or not. Pretty sure the only dev that would be flipping out would be Capcom.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Not to mention Tameem doesn't care if the game sells well or not. Pretty sure the only dev that would be flipping out would be Capcom.
If he really doesn't care, then that would be a shame, especially as he was creative director. I would have thought he'd be more invested in the game, but maybe he just 'switched off' because of all the negativity. :/
You're right though; Capcom has more to lose from this than NT. I'm hoping they can learn and apply this experience to making and marketing future games.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's sounds like music in my ears. I still having fun with Baoynetta and Devil May Cry 4. Thinking about if I should afford myself a Wii U for only Baynetta. No, wait The Legend Of Zelda too. Seems like a good console. First time Nintendo goes high definition 1080p! Bayonetta 2 looks extremely cool but the story? I dunno yet. It seems like a curse to make a second game or movie in entertainment today. Whenever a second title might be good but considering that the first one had a complete ending and they twist the story so they can make more of it. Then the series or the franchises often loses it's concept. If they were to do very small changes. Like in my lifestyle. I have to do small changes. One thing at the time but when at work I guess the sound seems different.
I love taunting Nero and Dante. Look at Aizen Sosuke from Bleach. He is god in provocation. He just sucks in being a life gambler like Dante is. He is more like a game gambler. Setting up Kurosaki, Soul Society and the whole realm of Bleach.
I cannot think him as born with any good in him but there is not background on how he got that strong. Only Yamamoto Genryuusai hurts him a little with Hado 96 Ittokaso!

ChaserTech

If he really doesn't care, then that would be a shame, especially as he was creative director. I would have thought he'd be more invested in the game, but maybe he just 'switched off' because of all the negativity. :/
You're right though; Capcom has more to lose from this than NT. I'm hoping they can learn and apply this experience to making and marketing future games.

I think is weird seeing how Capcom made sure this game would be marketed as much as it could be compared to the previous games yet the game has less week 1 sales than the previous games.

Nero.

I actually blame Capcom before Ninja Theory Tameem just seem to make things worse.
Those numbers are probably off by a lot. I'm pretty sure VGChartz sample size is really small so the error margins for those sales numbers are probably huge (unlike NPD data).
Who cares I'm having fun.;)

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
To be absolutely honest, I think DmC will be a slow burner, like DMC3 was. I mean DMC3 had pretty bad word of mouth thanks to DMC2, and fans who gave it a chance and talked about the game made it pick up, just like many of us here

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well wonder NT thoughts are going to be concerning this.
Maybe nothing at all? They've done what they were hired to do and that's that. Maybe they're working on something else?
All that PR and sales stuff is up to Capcom now, not NT.
Besides, I'm sure they knew it wasn't going to do well after looking at forums and youtube comments, so they're prepared for whatever.

Top Bottom