• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Lowered Their Expectations To 1.2 Million

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm pretty sure Capcom are the one who wanted the reboot, NT just did their job ^^.
Yep, that's right. NT were hired by Capcom to do this redesign. If anyone thinks NT ruined DMC or whatever, blame Capcom for sending NT back to redesign after they showed images of Dante looking like the classic one. Capcome were the one who wanted something new and NT followed whatever they were contracted to do.
This^^ NT has stated they even wanted Dante to look more or less the same but CAPCOM wanted a radical change...

That's why I have the worries that the consequence will be, that there will ANY game for a long long time ala MegaMan

If they do DMC5, not everyone will be pleased once again

Nero once again the main spot... Dante should be the main.
Nero just a side kick... Noooo to less Nero and still unanswered questions about his whole life
No Vergil... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dante once again with a completely different personality like in all games... I love him
I'm hoping this won't be the end of DMC, or have DMC put on hold for a while. Wasn't there an interview article before that said Capcom hoped to make DmC a regular and frequent production? Like 1 game very 2 years? :/

If a game like DMC5 is made to cater to all fans, it would just be a mess of ideas. Kinda like DMC4 was. Nero was like a younger Dante, only difference between them was clothes, plus Nero was at the age where he is allowed to behave like a whiny/ ass personality. Dante on the other hand....>_< He was like DMC3 Dante. :p And the plot was just....seriously did not work if the aim was to attract female fans. I'm a female and I liked what was in the old games, not the tacked on romance.^_^

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
A goddamn shame so many people just refused to give this game a fair shot. They wouldn't know a bad game if it hit them in the face. No way in hell DmC is a bad Devil May Cry and definitely is what the series needed at this point. DmC still lives and breaths Devil May Cry. DMC 4 is the worst game in the series if you ask me and that lazy piece of sh!t shouldn't have even been released. If Capcom really gave a sh!t about Devil May Cry, they wouldn't release something as terrible as 4 especially coming off something as great as 3. NT at least worked on the freaking thing and why not let someone else take the franchise? No one else seems to want it. All those fanatical fanboys can go f*ck themselves. Looks like I probably might not be seeing one of my favorite video game franchises for a while if this kind of bullsh!t keeps up.

DmC is NOT as bad as all those people against it make it out to be. Most of them never even played the f*cking thing! It's been very freaking trivial things no matter how they try to dice it and this fanbase consist of some real idiots and crybabies man. I swear when and if this series does return if it's another 4 then I'm done with Devil May Cry for good.

GF9000000Returns

Yep, that's right. NT were hired by Capcom to do this redesign. If anyone thinks NT ruined DMC or whatever, blame Capcom for sending NT back to redesign after they showed images of Dante looking like the classic one. Capcome were the one who wanted something new and NT followed whatever they were contracted to do.
Like I said again, there are some people who still won't get over the look. At least (what I heard) his hair would turn white at the end of the freaking game!

I'm hoping this won't be the end of DMC, or have DMC put on hold for a while. Wasn't there an interview article before that said Capcom hoped to make DmC a regular and frequent production? Like 1 game very 2 years? :/

I really hope they're still sticking to this. IMO the DmC story is more interesting than the original DMC story despite me liking 1 and 3's. If the old fans, don't like it, well that's too bad, they had their chance!

If a game like DMC5 is made to cater to all fans, it would just be a mess of ideas. Kinda like DMC4 was. Nero was like a younger Dante, only difference between them was clothes, plus Nero was at the age where he is allowed to behave like a whiny/ ass personality. Dante on the other hand....>_< He was like DMC3 Dante. :p And the plot was just....seriously did not work if the aim was to attract female fans. I'm a female and I liked what was in the old games, not the tacked on romance.^_^

Remember the other thread that I made about me not wanting a DMC5 right? Well it got me saying more to it; WHAT KIND OF COMPANY does a reboot and then moves back to the originals? Like seriously, who the f*ck does that? I never seen any. If a company did a reboot and it didin't go well, chances are they would let the franchise die. I also agree with you by saying that it was smart by them to lower it, cuz no HnS game would sell 2 million in two months.

Like I said again, if they decide to do a DMC5, I'm outta here! IDGAF, I still have other HnS games like God of War, I don't freaking need another original DMC game if that's what Capcom is gonna be doing.

EvilX-81

A goddamn shame so many people just refused to give this game a fair shot. They wouldn't know a bad game if it hit them in the face. No way in hell DmC is a bad Devil May Cry and definitely is what the series needed at this point. DmC still lives and breaths Devil May Cry. DMC 4 is the worst game in the series if you ask me and that lazy piece of sh!t shouldn't have even been released. If Capcom really gave a sh!t about Devil May Cry, they wouldn't release something as terrible as 4 especially coming off something as great as 3. NT at least worked on the freaking thing and why not let someone else take the franchise? No one else seems to want it. All those fanatical fanboys can go f*ck themselves. Looks like I probably might not be seeing one of my favorite video game franchises for a while if this kind of bullsh!t keeps up.

DmC is NOT as bad as all those people against it make it out to be. Most of them never even played the f*cking thing! It's been very freaking trivial things no matter how they try to dice it and this fanbase consist of some real idiots and crybabies man. I swear when and if this series does return if it's another 4 then I'm done with Devil May Cry for good.

If they pull another "Nero" on us, or have Dante showing off for the sake of showing off (whenever I see that cutscene Dante surfing on that missile or putting on his coat in DMC3, I just cringe), while I might still buy it, it will definitely turn my opinion of the game down several notches, perhaps from buying new or day 1. If the gameplay is still there, I may still be on board...

Nerofanheart

If they pull another "Nero" on us, or have Dante showing off for the sake of showing off (whenever I see that cutscene Dante surfing on that missile or putting on his coat in DMC3, I just cringe), while I might still buy it, it will definitely turn my opinion of the game down several notches, perhaps from buying new or day 1. If the gameplay is still there, I may still be on board...
isnt gameplay the selling point of DMC

MedicoreR

Who cares if it's fun. Less sales = less sales. lololololollolololololololooooll
HATERZ are incredibly funny but retarded.

1 month ago : DmC is top seller at charts

Hater: CoD sells good too. That doesnt mean its a good game. There are so many good games sell bad.Besides its not gonna even get 500k
(Today) Hater: DmC shipped 1.2 in 1 month, lol haters win.

2 months ago : Reviews and scores

Hater : ****storm coming. Its not gonna take more than avarage score.. 5/10 top
(Today) Hater : Scores means nothing. CoD gets 9/10 everytime. That doesnt mean its good.

Soupie

Hey look guys, looks like my bait worked.
I think you just made yourself look silly MedicoreR, considering that I am a DmC supporter. Goes to show how you know nothing about the person you're talking to and that you're pretty much the antagonistic equivalent of what you deem a "hater".

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Hey look guys, looks like my bait worked.
I think you just made yourself look silly MedicoreR, considering that I am a DmC supporter. Goes to show how you know nothing about the person you're talking to and that you're pretty much the antagonistic equivalent of what you deem a "hater".
Why are you doing this? Great job, you baited someone....
You're being silly baiting people on this forum with the knowledge that there will be an instant reaction to anything that even seems like trolling.
Don't try an start fights or flaming. There's no point to it. The only person you degrade is yourself by starting it. ^_^

Can we just drop the whole haters and supporters thing? It's tiring, and I'm sure it's no fun for the admin here trying to sort it out.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Devil May Cry 4 could have possibly somehow influenced the sales numbers as it wasn't as good as DMC3. Capcom released official numbers back in 2008 and DMC3 sold less than DMC2 by about 400k. I doubt it though but that's just me speculating.
DMC-LTD-111108.png

GF9000000Returns

I tend to buy games based on a total package.
I'm with what Evil said. I don't have the money to drop on games like that. The last game I bought before DmC was Batman:Arkham City in december of 2011. When you got sh!t to do, you're not about to drop $60 on a piece of crap.

I'm also on the same boat as yall. Hell, if I blew all my christmas money, I would've waited for price to drop, cuz I ain't got time to buy or fund for another game cuz I'm in college. Especially if there is a game that is all about the gameplay and no balance between three things. Gameplay, story campaign, and value.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm also on the same boat as yall. Hell, if I blew all my christmas money, I would've waited for price to drop, cuz I ain't got time to buy or fund for another game cuz I'm in college. Especially if there is a game that is all about the gameplay and no balance between three things. Gameplay, story campaign, and value.
I don't usually buy games full price either, but I made an exception for DmC. I also preordered the new Bioshock. That's all I'll pay full price for this year. Everything else I'll wait for a drop.

ChaserTech

I'm still wondering where did the "Capcom expected 5 million sales" come from. I've heard about it so much but no one really had documents about it. Just random forum posts and articles that were kinda unknown.

Top Bottom