• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Lowered Their Expectations To 1.2 Million

ChaserTech

And that's the risk a company takes these days when they choose to make a game for PC. It is likely to be torrented and pirated.

Well the risk is most likely higher, seeing how the DmC fanbase matches up to the amount of haters/antis/skeptics out there.

Also, the torrent with 20k leechers wasn't the only torrent available. They were multiple torrents of the game that was released within the thousands at the time. And I'm quite positive that piraters are hurting the PC version of DmC sales a lot.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Sup guys,Im new to the forums, and new to DMC as a whole.

Im quite sad around the hate this game is getting, as a kid I never liked DMC, the entire "devil" stuff scared me lol, but the amount of BS talked by all the haters made 20-year-old-me give the demo a try to know what was the fuss about, I was blown away. I still haven't buy the game (Can't afford it right now lol) but I liked it so much that I wanted more...now. decided to give the series another shot in light of how good DmC seemed to me, so I managed to get DMC1,2, and 3DA for my beloved PS2.

What do you know? I loved them (Well...2 was kinda sucky) and soon I´ll borrow DMC4 from a friend to play the entire saga.I have to thank Ninja Theory for introducing me to such a good series. All of you haters claiming DmC is killing the franchise are certainly wrong, I know there's a lot of people out there like me =D. Will definitely buy DmC as well as DMC HD. I believe there is room in the world for the 2 universes.

As a man who likes complex storylines, I think DMC's reboot was needed the moment I started playing 2...They clearly didn't know what to do with the plot. DmC is a nice spin to the themes with a more solid (still not too good) storytelling. Combat in DmC is a bit more comfortable to me. But both versions are masterpieces in this noob's eyes. Really hope the sales don't mean NO MORE DEVIL MAY CRY EVER...Megaman does not need any company in capcom's underground dungeon

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy

Im quite sad around the hate this game is getting, as a kid I never liked DMC, the entire "devil" stuff scared me lol, but the amount of BS talked by all the haters made 20-year-old-me give the demo a try to know what was the fuss about, I was blown away. I still haven't buy the game (Can't afford it right now lol) but I liked it so much that I wanted more...now. decided to give the series another shot in light of how good DmC seemed to me, so I managed to get DMC1,2, and 3DA for my beloved PS2.

What do you know? I loved them (Well...2 was kinda sucky) and soon I´ll borrow DMC4 from a friend to play the entire saga.I have to thank Ninja Theory for introducing me to such a good series. All of you haters claiming DmC is killing the franchise are certainly wrong, I know there's a lot of people out there like me =D. Will definitely buy DmC as well as DMC HD. I believe there is room in the world for the 2 universes.

As a man who likes complex storylines, I think DMC's reboot was needed the moment I started playing 2...They clearly didn't know what to do with the plot. DmC is a nice spin to the themes with a more solid (still not too good) storytelling. Combat in DmC is a bit more comfortable to me. But both versions are masterpieces in this noob's eyes. Really hope the sales don't mean NO MORE DEVIL MAY CRY EVER...Megaman does not need any company in capcom's underground dungeon

Hey welcome to the forums, nice to see new fans.

I hope you enjoy your time with the DMC franchise and community if you have any questions about any of the games old or new I'm sure there'd be people glad to help :)

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people

Fran I could kiss you. But you'll just have to make do with this:
tumblr_makpt06BR91rgep1wo1_400.gif

And welcome to the forum <3

MedicoreR

Hey look guys, looks like my bait worked.
I think you just made yourself look silly MedicoreR, considering that I am a DmC supporter. Goes to show how you know nothing about the person you're talking to and that you're pretty much the antagonistic equivalent of what you deem a "hater".

How did i look silly while 2 pages of ''lol, DmC did terrible, haters win, the game is garbage'' around?
Was i talking about you?
You are making yourself look silly. Do i have to know if you are SUPPORTER or HATER ?
If i have to guess, then i guess you are a hater cause your posts always liked by ''MULTIBRO -the hater''
Believe or not haters say ''the game is terrible and its not goint to sell good'' and thats retarded.

About EXPECTATIONS:
Of course they are gonna say ''We expect 2-3 millions units''
What company would say ''Today we expect our team to lose'' or ''We expect UMVC3 to sell 40k units''
Internet is full of fake news but still you wanna believe every negative thing releated to DmC game.
Such a lame of you.
Haters...

@Soupie
I guess you have 2 accounts in here, and you are a hater from gamefaqs. I checked your posts, likes..You always like ''negative posts'' about DmC.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
*Looks at title*

Hahahahaha that's freaking hilarious. Had a feeling something like this was gonna happen XD

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
wow, read the title and knew some of the supporters would get butthurt over it and start the typical "haters are retarded" or "they are still mad about hair" when really this could just mean that the game did not meet a lot of fans expectations.

I remember many supporters saying that those fanatical haters who do indeed hate the game simply because of change is a "vocal minority", so how could you possibly blame it on the "minority"?

I myself found the game a fun one, but not one that completely won me over to the point to where I'm like "f*ck the old series, I love this one!"

I still would much rather they return to the old series and finish it.

But regarding DmC, It was a decent rental for me that kept me entertained for a couple days.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
*Looks at title*

Hahahahaha that's freaking hilarious. Had a feeling something like this was gonna happen XD
Meh, it's happened. No big deal. ^_^ Those who buy the game have had fun with it I hope. Those who don't buy it, just don't buy it. Each person should be allowed their choice either way.
Of course they had to change their figures, naturally because of what has happened. It's a smart move, especially with the end of the fiscal year coming soon.

Nero.

Disrespect the law and You Disrespect me Capcom let's hope you learned a lesson.(I doubt it):troll:

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Meh, it's happened. No big deal. ^_^ Those who buy the game have had fun with it I hope. Those who don't buy it, just don't buy it. Each person should be allowed their choice either way.
Of course they had to change their figures, naturally because of what has happened. It's a smart move, especially with the end of the fiscal year coming soon.

Hehe you're really level minded. I like that. And you're right, it's understandable.

I meant no harm from that comment. It's just previously I had some bumholes give me gripe about this game shortly before I saw this (it was at another site) so when I saw this it gave me a laugh. I'm sorry if it came off in a bad way:p

I got nothing against this game in particular for the most part. Just some of it's fans that give it a bad look is all.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
If i have to guess, then i guess you are a hater cause your posts always liked by ''MULTIBRO -the hater''
So just because I liked his posts, he's a hater all of sudden, even though Soupie have several times in other threads said that he likes DmC?

That's some interesting logic you got there.

GPxdXiP.jpg

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
So just because I liked his posts, he's a hater all of sudden, even though Soupie have several times in other threads said that he likes DmC?

That's some interesting logic you got there.

GPxdXiP.jpg

Don't even bother dude.

No matter what some fans simply like to have the whole "supporters vs antis" topic brought up on this forum which is why they will look for ways to draw that "battle line".

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Unfortunate, but inevitable. I was hoping that the game would sell well, but it seems not.

I don't think that sequel is gonna happen anytime soon.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Don't even bother dude.

No matter what some fans simply like to have the whole "supporters vs antis" topic brought up on this forum which is why they will look for ways to draw that "battle line".
It's a shame that it happens this way. Forums are for the sharing of ideas, not baiting, trolling and flaming. It's just silly when sides draw up lines and refuse to listen to others who have equally valid opinions. I accept that people just cannot get along because of conflicting opinions, but isn't it better to have a civil debate about it? ^_^ Trolling and flaming just makes it all look bad.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
It's a shame that it happens this way. Forums are for the sharing of ideas, not baiting, trolling and flaming. It's just silly when sides draw up lines and refuse to listen to others who have equally valid opinions. I accept that people just cannot get along because of conflicting opinions, but isn't it better to have a civil debate about it? ^_^ Trolling and flaming just makes it all look bad.

completely agree.

Its just sad that more fans on this site can't have the same outlook on things.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
wow, read the title and knew some of the supporters would get butthurt over it and start the typical "haters are retarded" or "they are still mad about hair" when really this could just mean that the game did not meet a lot of fans expectations.

I remember many supporters saying that those fanatical haters who do indeed hate the game simply because of change is a "vocal minority", so how could you possibly blame it on the "minority"?

I myself found the game a fun one, but not one that completely won me over to the point to where I'm like "f*ck the old series, I love this one!"

I still would much rather they return to the old series and finish it.

But regarding DmC, It was a decent rental for me that kept me entertained for a couple days.
F*ck that sh!t dude. I've been playing Devil May Cry since the demo showed with Code Veronica and it's one of my favorite video game franchises of all time. I can safely say I'm a hardcore Devil May Cry fan but you have to be a complete idiot to think that DmC does not live up to the Devil May Cry expectation. The original game is still my favorite but now is NOT the time to look back to the previous games because DmC holds way more potential than whatever sh!t the previous games left us with. DmC freaking surpasses the originals in some aspects and is definitely better than 2 and 4 period.

It is just the trivial things that got you people all butthurt no matter how you try and dice it. DmC was the step in the right direction for a series pushing 12 years old and was starting to die whether you want to admit it or not. DmC introduces some unique stuff the series has never seen before all while still keeping what makes a Devil May Cry Devil May Cry. If anyone says otherwise then they probably never played Devil May Cry or really just anime fans ****y because Devil May Cry wasn't trying to be an anime anymore. I think ****ed off anime fans aren't far from the truth because they can be some of the most narrow minded and annoying fans out there. I might be letting a little bit of my rage shine through here but quite frankly I'm just ****ed that one of my favorite gaming series might go under because of some stupid ass freaking fanboys. DmC is NOT bad! It freaking deserves to be played. More so than that lazy piece of sh!t 4!

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
F*ck that sh!t dude. I've been playing Devil May Cry since the demo showed with Code Veronica and it's one of my favorite video game franchises of all time. I can safely say I'm a hardcore Devil May Cry fan but you have to be a complete idiot to think that DmC does not live up to the Devil May Cry expectation. The original game is still my favorite but now is NOT the time to look back to the previous games because DmC holds way more potential than whatever sh!t the previous games left us with. DmC freaking surpasses the originals in some aspects and is definitely better than 2 and 4 period.

It is just the trivial things that got you people all butthurt no matter how you try and dice it. DmC was the step in the right direction for a series pushing 12 years old and was starting to die whether you want to admit it or not. DmC introduces some unique stuff the series has never seen before all while still keeping what makes a Devil May Cry Devil May Cry. If anyone says otherwise then they probably never played Devil May Cry or really just anime fans ***** because Devil May Cry wasn't trying to be an anime anymore. I think ****ed off anime fans aren't far from the truth because they can be some of the most narrow minded and annoying fans out there. I might be letting a little bit of my rage shine through here but quite frankly I'm just ****ed that one of my favorite gaming series might go under because of some stupid ass freaking fanboys. DmC is NOT bad! It freaking deserves to be played. More so than that lazy piece of sh!t 4!

See, this is ALL your opinion on this.

no need to get so angry and try to force them down my throat.

As I said, I actually liked DmC, I have a topic explaining my thoughts about it on this forum, but I still prefered the original.

that in no way makes my opinion wrong or stupid.

To say such things would be pure ignorance in believing that people should think like you.

Try to calm down and THEN come back to have a actual discussion about this, otherwise I will just ignore you since your attitude right now is one of blind anger rather than bringing anything constructive to the topic at hand.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
See, this is ALL your opinion on this.

no need to get so angry and try to force them down my throat.

As I said, I actually liked DmC, I have a topic explaining my thoughts about it on this forum, but I still prefered the original.

that in no way makes my opinion wrong or stupid.

To say such things would be pure ignorance in believing that people should think like you.

Try to calm down and THEN come back to have a actual discussion about this, otherwise I will just ignore you since your attitude right now is one of blind anger rather than bringing anything constructive to the topic at hand.
I'm not trying to get people to think like me but there's no denying how stupid this fandom is. As of about 30 minutes ago my death threat count went into the double digits simply because I made fun of Dante's look in 4.

Overall, DmC was one of the best moves Capcom made in a while and to hear some bs news like this just stupid. Knowing Capcom they might just drop it all together and no more Dante period. I'm still upset over MegaMan and Resident Evil and to hear this kind of stuff with Devil May Cry makes me think this could be the beginning of the end for the franchise. At least for a long time. I'm going to the movies. I'm out.

Top Bottom