• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I hate Capcom.

I used to love them.
Hatred of Capcom....it's a start to getting this topic back.

I think they've just made too many bad callls and bad choices. They need to sit down and think or else who knows how long they will survive in this bad financial climate. I just really hope they can get back to being old Capcom without alienating too many people.

Terrutas

Hatred of Capcom....it's a start to getting this topic back.

I think they've just made too many bad callls and bad choices. They need to sit down and think or else who knows how long they will survive in this bad financial climate. I just really hope they can get back to being old Capcom without alienating too many people.
If they alienate the people they've drawn from their recent games, I don't see it as a bad thing.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
i liked capcom...before they were cool :hipster:
Before they made some bad choices, you mean:p

This blaming outsourcing is just the latest in things they have done wrong. It was their choice to do this and there's no point in blaming anyone but themselves.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
actually before they became greedy* :p
That too. They care more about making profit and setting unreasonable sales figures to compete with COD games, but there's no point in this competition. Capcom games and COD are totally different and shouldn't be compared gameplay or sales wise.

I'm all for a company making a profit because it shows they are doing well and the public are liking what they do, but it gets a bit much with what Capcom is doing.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
That too. They care more about making profit and setting unreasonable sales figures to compete with COD games, but there's no point in this competition. Capcom games and COD are totally different and shouldn't be compared gameplay or sales wise.

I'm all for a company making a profit because it shows they are doing well and the public are liking what they do, but it gets a bit much with what Capcom is doing.
COD isn't even a thing to compete c'mon capcom you're better than that

ChaserTech

1.15 millions is the revised forecast. There was no info in their PDF as to how many copies the games have currently sold, only forecasts and as they were lowered again I'd guess sales are lower.

The number of 5 million was floating around for a while, but people were confused whether they meant 5 million units sold or profit (people got the assumption from Capcom implying things like "we want CoD numbers) when the game approached release they said they wanted 2 million sales which dropped to 1.2 million units shipped shortly after which has been lowered again to 1.15 million.

I thought it was kinda sad how Capcom lowered their expectations over and over again. This is the first time I've experienced something like this. Then again, this is the first time I was actively following a game within forums.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I thought it was kinda sad how Capcom lowered their expectations over and over again. This is the first time I've experienced something like this. Then again, this is the first time I was actively following a game within forums.
It is sad, but it also showed how Capcom was being unrealistic and setting them too high, especially considering the controversy amd online negativity surrounding DmC.

Top Bottom