• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

IncarnatedDemon

I can´t believe how you go around painting "Sega dont care they sold the franchise. That means they will never do Bayonetta game again!". As if your speculation is fact...

1) What rights did Sega sell to Nintendo? Rights to Bayonetta TWO? Or Rights to whole serie?
Do you know that ? No.

But you go around saying "Once a company drops a game they wont go back", and come with "Who are we to question em".
We arent, we are discussing the things.

I really thought you were different Loopy, but i regret saying i respected you because i thought at the time you were different. But it doesnt seem like your MUCH different from others who reply to me only because they are on a war path.

That aside:

But one thing Hideki Kamiya forgot to mention is that SEGA still owns everything about Bayonetta. The IP rights belong to SEGA still (see: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=77...e=statusSearch
) and they even re-released the first game on PSN recently (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...hes-psn-today/).
http://community.platinumgames.com/...ctual-property-rights-100-still-owned-by-SEGA

Where does it say that Sega has lost interest in Bayonetta totally ? WHERE?!
They released Bayonetta for PSN
And still has the rights for the serie.

What did you say ? "Once a company drops a game they will never go back".
Thats weird...why did they then not sell the serie all together to Nintendo ?

SEGA has lost all interest in Bayonetta?
Let me disapprove that again:

Sega has a part in Bayonetta 2

I back up what i say with sources. And i dont go dismiss that Bayonetta 2 will never be made just because at the time there are little interest from the main publisher to publish it.

Now tell me where did Sega express Bayonetta didnt meet their sales expectations? Do you have any source on that?

AND how can a 1 game (1 game not a serie) be dead when its the beginning? Its not dead...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I can´t believe how you go around painting "Sega dont care they sold the franchise. That means they will never do Bayonetta game again!". As if your speculation is fact...
It's not that they didn't care, it's that they didn't have the money to make Bayonetta2 when the first one already lost them money. To make another game that would sell badly would have a knockon effect for the Sega company. They need to publish and make games that sell. Sadly Bayonetta was not one of them.

1) What rights did Sega sell to Nintendo? Rights to Bayonetta TWO? Or Rights to whole serie?
Do you know that ? No.
Yes. Both. It's on the internet. They sold the rights to the game- all of it- to Nintendo as part of the exclusivity rights.

But you go around saying "Once a company drops a game they wont go back", and come with "Who are we to question em".
We arent, we are discussing the things.
Yes we are.

I really thought you were different Loopy, but i regret saying i respected you because i thought at the time you were different. But it doesnt seem like your MUCH different from others who reply to me only because they are on a war path.
I thought you would do that. So because I don't agree with you, you turn around and take away your respect as if it meant something. This is the internet and not everyone is going to agree with you. Behaving like that and giving virtual respect as if it means something....then taking it away. I wasn't aware we were in school still. What matters is real life, and in real life Nintendo has saved Bayonetta.
That aside:

http://community.platinumgames.com/...ctual-property-rights-100-still-owned-by-SEGA

Where does it say that Sega has lost interest in Bayonetta totally ? WHERE?!
They released Bayonetta for PSN
And still has the rights for the serie.
It's all over the internet.
What did you say ? "Once a company drops a game they will never go back".
Thats weird...why did they then not sell the serie all together to Nintendo ?
They did. It's on the internet.

SEGA has lost all interest in Bayonetta?
Let me disapprove that again:

Sega has a part in Bayonetta 2
They own only the intellecual rights, not the rights to publish and make it. That is all gone to Nintendo now. The only thing they have is that they came up with the idea, no more and no less than that.

I back up what i say with sources. And i dont go dismiss that Bayonetta 2 will never be made just because at the time there are little interest from the main publisher to publish it.

Now tell me where did Sega express Bayonetta didnt meet their sales expectations? Do you have any source on that?
Look at the sales it got and look at what they wanted.

AND how can a 1 game (1 game not a serie) be dead when its the beginning? Its not dead...
It can. It has happened to other IPs and Bayonetta is no exception. If it does not sell it is a waste of the companie's time, money and effort to make more games that will not sell.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I know a game that didn't sell well but even more people are begging to come back. It also deserves to return more than that ugly b!tch Bayonetta.

Psychonauts_Logo.jpg

Psychonauts was AMAZING. Great characters and fun gameplay and also it was freaking funny as hell. Such an amazing and creative game. Psychonauts needs its sequel.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I know a game that didn't sell well but even more people are begging to come back. It also deserves to return more that that ugly b!tch Bayonetta.

Psychonauts_Logo.jpg

Psychonauts was AMAZING. Great characters and fun gameplay and also it was freaking funny as hell. Such an amazing and creative game. Psychonauts needs its sequel.
Oh! I remeber that!:D Awesome time playing that.
I thought there was a Kickstarter funding being done for it? Or was that just rumor flying around the internet?

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
I know a game that didn't sell well but even more people are begging to come back. It also deserves to return more that that ugly b!tch Bayonetta.

Psychonauts_Logo.jpg

i love that game

IncarnatedDemon

I take my respect away for obvious reasons not because of our disagreement.

I´ve agreed that Nintendo saved Bayo 2 from happening at a much later date.

But i disagree that they saved Bayonetta serie or Bayonetta 2 from ever happening because Sega has shown clear interest they may want to make a Bayonetta game in future.

By being advisors for Bayonetta 2
And by not selling the rights to whole franchise to Nintendo.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Oh! I remeber that!:D Awesome time playing that.
I thought there was a Kickstarter funding being done for it? Or was that just rumor flying around the internet?
The creator of Minecraft wanted to pick it up and collaborate with Tim Schafer for a sequel. That's still up in the air though. Tim Schafer wants to get around to it though.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I take my respect away for obvious reasons not because of our disagreement.

But i disagree that they saved Bayonetta serie or Bayonetta 2 from ever happening because Sega has shown clear interest they may want to make a Bayonetta game in future.

No offense but, you are just as thick as they come. What the hell is your deal?

Terrutas

Terrutas was right. You don´t make much sense.

You defend Ninja theory like crazy.

Which is ironic because the animation you made compared to Vergil´s downfall is on a different level.
Your animation is smooth and full of frames.

The cartoonish in VD seems to have very little frames.

And i dont care about if it was NT, a clown or Capcom who did the animation.
It sucks ****, and u dont have to be a animator to KNOW THIS.

The background had no animation...
Most of time objects/creatures was the things that were animated.
And it was lazy as ****.
Ok...

I asked Incarnated Demon to calm down. She hasn't.

I will no longer try to maintain the peace here. I may even eventually snap at her myself.

Terrutas, talk to Demon. Let her know that what she's doing isn't appropriate.

Or I will.
Here's what my talking about.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I take my respect away for obvious reasons not because of our disagreement.No, it's because I disagree with you. I don't see any other reason. I have not cursed or sworn at you or called you names. All I have done is point out facts about the state of Sega, Nintendo and Bayonetta which you do not like.

But i disagree that they saved Bayonetta serie or Bayonetta 2 from ever happening because Sega has shown clear interest they may want to make a Bayonetta game in future.No they haven't show interest. All they have is the intellectual rights which means they can't buy it back or do anything. http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=77444642&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

They basically have as that webiste proves. All they have is proof that they came up with the idea. Nothing else.

Top Bottom