• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
Luck had nothing to do with it. Nintendo picked up Bayonetta because no one else wanted to. Sega dropped it, and Nintendo was the only one who wanted to pick it up and that was with the condition that the game would be exclusive to their console. It is what it is. There's no sugar coating the fact that there would be no more Bayonetta without Nintendo picking it up.

How is resident evil doing with sales anyway?
close to 5 mil sales dunno if it's only ps3 n xbox or they combined the sales of the pc ver. too

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Reached 5 mil. Capcom expected 7.

I find it hilarious that they can just shift numbers so drastically. As if they believe their games are godlike and that they deserve twice as many sales as expected. That may be true, for the Capcom that existed 15-20 years ago.
Well, at least the sales are strong, but not up to Capcom's really high figures....again.

I really don't know why they set such high numbers only to have them lowered...it makes no sense. They should just set realistic figures instead of trying to compete with COD, GOW and games like that.

Capcom isn't the same as it was and should make sales figures accordingly. It's like they're in the past with this mentality.

Terrutas

Well, at least the sales are strong, but not up to Capcom's really high figures....again.

I really don't know why they set such high numbers only to have them lowered...it makes no sense. They should just set realistic figures instead of trying to compete with COD, GOW and games like that.

Capcom isn't the same as it was and should make sales figures accordingly. It's like they're in the past with this mentality.
Because they think that if they appeal to the western market with dumbed down games they'll get more money.

These companies are mad jealous over CoD. It's pathetic. I have no idea how they fail to realize there's a good reason we're playing their games and not CoD. It makes me want to rip my hair out. It's like they're not even in reality.

A wise nerd once said: "What the **** were they thinking?!".

IncarnatedDemon

The statement is ambigous because Bayo 2 would exist if any company showed interest years later.
And Sega choose to focus on their core games because they seem to loose money.

2 years from if Sega´s state was different they might fund Bayo 2.
Which goes agains the "Bayo 2 wouldnt exist if Nintendo didnt fund it".

And yes i think a other company or possibly Sega would fund Bayo 2 years later.

And Bayonetta was not on auction like THQ´s Darksiders. How can Sony, Microsoft or any other company for that matter "show no interest" when there is no sign of them talking to Sega about rights for Bayonetta for a potential sequal?

Or are you saying that Microsoft and Sony and other publishers was approached by Sega and they all said "No sorry we dont want Bayonetta", if so where is your source of that?

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
Because they think that if they appeal to the western market with dumbed down games they'll get more money.

These companies are mad jealous over CoD. It's pathetic. I have no idea how they fail to realize there's a good reason we're playing their games and not CoD. It makes me want to rip my hair out. It's like they're not even in reality.
they want their games to be ruined by 5 year old dumbasses

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Reached 5 mil. Capcom expected 7.

I find it hilarious that they can just shift numbers so drastically. As if they believe their games are godlike and that they deserve twice as many sales as expected. That may be true, for the Capcom that existed 15-20 years ago.
They are seriously just comparing themselves to the CoD amount. And CoD spends less money than pretty much anyone else out there because they are just dishing out the same game and know damn well it's going to see millions regardless. They know how stupid their audience is and they are exploiting that.

CoD is like a rich a$$hole. They have all the money in the world to create these amazing and innovative games but all they do is repackage the same game over and over again. They have the privilege to have the biggest game in the video game industry with the most money, greatest technology, and AAA talent behind them but, they crap all over that privilege.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The statement is ambigous because Bayo 2 would exist if any company showed interest 2 years later.You said up to 10 years later in your last post, which would be way too late.
Exactly. Bayonetta would lose them money due to the low sales of the game.

2 years from if Sega´s state was different they would might fund Bayo 2.
No it doesn't. Right now, Nintendo have the rights, not Sega. Nintendo took this game from Sega after they dropped it. Only Nintendo wants to fund Bayonetta. If Sega wanted to fund it, they would not have dropped it and sold the rights.

Sega dropped the game. Leaving it two years does not change this fact. Sega has dropped Bayonetta which is a clear indication that Sega does not want this game.

And Bayonetta was not on auction like THQ´s Darksiders. How can Sony, Microsoft or any other company for that matter "show no interest" when there is no sign of them talking to Sega about rights for Bayonetta for a potential sequal?
They can still be approached without an auction. Just because there was no sign doesn't mean this didn't happen. And why would Sony or Microsoft want to pay to publish and develop a game that did not sell well?

Or are you saying that Microsoft and Sony and other publishers was approached by Sega and they all said "No sorry we dont want Bayonetta", if so where is your source of that?
This is all over the internet that it was turned down, and for good reason. They would have to pay to develop and publish a game and not even be sure if they will make their money back at the end of it.

they want their games to be ruined by 5 year old dumbasses
Pretty much this:lol:

They are seriously just comparing themselves to the CoD amount. And CoD spends less money than pretty much anyone else out there because they are just dishing out the same game and know damn well it's going to see millions regardless. They know how stupid their audience is and they are exploiting that.

CoD is like a rich a$$hole. They have all the money in the world to create these amazing and innovative games but all they do is repackage the same game over and over again. They have the privilege to have the biggest game in the video game industry with the most money, greatest technology, and AAA talent behind them but, they crap all over that privilege.
Exactly. They know people will buy whatever they put out. It's sad really. All they have to do is make some new weapons and maps =big profit.

Terrutas

Quite honestly, any smart business won't work hard if they don't have to.

So they're not crapping over that privilege, they just don't need to use it because they've amassed a huge fanbase of morons that can't tell the difference between two shades of grey. It's just shocking.

But yeah, I agree with you.
CoD is like a rich a$$hole
Perfect.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Dude, they pretty much stated it outloud.
They really do, especially when they talk like that in interviews. If Capcom does somehow attract the COD players to them, I will be jumping the Capcom ship and drowning in the water. It's better than putting up with COD players.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The statement is ambigous because Bayo 2 would exist if any company showed interest years later.

2 years from if Sega´s state was different they might fund Bayo 2.

The reason there was no auction for Bayonetta is because NO ONE wanted it. Crytek and P* are in a minor battle for Darksiders so that's when an auction will be held.

Nintendo picked up Bayonetta as an exclusive for their console so it WILL be an exclusive and quite frankly Nintendo can afford to take the risk of Bayonetta even if it doesn't do well. Nintendo is only one of the biggest video game companies in the world, if not like EVER.

I think when it comes to Bayonetta and Nintendo it was a simple matter of "Why not? It was dead already."

Accept the uncomfortable fact your Bayonetta was NOT in high demand and no big majority of people even give a crap about it. You are still under this impression Bayonetta is a big deal and IT. IS. NOT.

IncarnatedDemon

If Nintendo did not publish Bayo 2. Lets say they never did it ok?

Then it MAY go 3 years without Bayo 2. And perhaps Sega´s state has changed or they decided "We´ll fund it".

So let´s picture one of scenario:

1. Within the 3 years a publisher decides to publish Bayonetta 2 and works with PG.
2. After the 3 years a publisher decides to publish Bayo 2 and works with PG

Noone knows if one of these scenarios would happen or not, 3 years is alot of time.

So how did Nintendo save Bayo 2 from never being made when noone can see into future?

You could say "Nintendo saved Bayo 2 from being made in possibly 3 years from now instead of this year"
But saying Nintendo saved Bayo 2 from ever being made is just speculation.
And i think Bayo 2 would eventually get a publisher during the 3 years or after.

And Like Kamiya said "How can a game be cancelled when its not even in development?".

As you can see here: Sega cancelled alot of projects and laid of employees.
So if things changed for Sega who knows: Bayo 2 would have been announced 3 years from now (imagining Nintendo never bouhgts the rights).

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
If Nintendo did not publish Bayo 2. Lets say they never did it ok?That's all well and good, but that is not the reality. The reality is Sega dropped Bayonetta and Nintendo picked it up. Once a company has dropped a game, they do not want it back. The dropped it for reasons that were right for them at the time and who are we to question them?

Then it MAY go 3 years without Bayo 2. And perhaps Sega´s state has changed or they decided "We´ll fund it".
But they won't Sega dropped it because it sold under their expectations.

1. Within the 3 years a publisher decides to publish Bayonetta 2 and works with PG.

Noone knows if one of these scenarios would happen or not, 3 years is alot of time.
A lot of time, time where gamers would lose even more interest and it would be treated like a new IP and sadly bomb even harder.

So how did Nintendo save Bayo 2 from never being made when noone can see into future?
Gaming companies do see into the future. They make plans financially for what will benefit them 2, 3 or 4 years into the future. They look at sales and see if it is worth spending 2 years making a game that will not sell as they want it to.

You could say "Nintendo saved Bayo 2 from being made in possibly 3 years from now instead of this year"
And i think Bayo 2 would eventually get a publisher during the 3 years or after.
It's not speculation. This is fact. Nintendo picked it up because they wanted an exclusive that no other company wanted.

And Like Kamiya said "How can a game being cancelled when its not even in development?".
It was in development. It was hinted at a while back, but when Sega released the games for that year, Bayonetta2 had been dropped from the list. They were working on it, but then had it canned.

So if things changed for Sega who knows: Bayo 2 would have been announced 3 years from now (imagining Nintendo never bouhgts the rights).
But Nintendo have bought the game and this is what is happening, not some fantasy land where Sega has magically decided the game will sell 3 years later, after it bombed once already.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If Nintendo did not publish Bayo 2. Lets say they never did it ok?

And Like Kamiya said "How can a game being cancelled when its not even in development?".

Why would 3 years make any sort of difference?! That's just more time Bayonetta is kept out of the public eye so even less people will give a crap about it than they do now! This is just some stupid pipe dream you have. You seriously have no knowledge of the reality of the gaming industry yet alone simple business practices and economics because all you see is what you want.

Why do you keep trying? Why? Loopy and I both explained why. Exactly how the situation is but you keep going like you seriously either don't get it or just in some hopeless denial that a lot of people actually care about your personal favorite video game.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Why would 3 years make any sort of difference?! That's just more time Bayonetta is kept out of the public eye so even less people will give a crap about it than they do now! This is just some stupid pipe dream you have. You seriously have no knowledge of the reality of the gaming industry yet alone simple business practices and economics because all you see is what you want.Exactly. More time out of the public eye is more time people won't care about the game when it is released. Sega dropped Bayonetta for a reason and will not magically pick it up again.

Why do you keep trying? Why? Loopy and I both explained why exactly how the situation is but you keep going like you seriously either don't get it or just in some hopeless denial that a lot of people actually care about your personal favorite video game.
I really like Bayonetta, but the reality is, if it wasn't for Nintendo providing the funds to publish and develop the game, Bayonetta would be dead. I'm glad at least one company wants to try with it. And maybe if that does well, there will be more games in the future for WiiU. Maybe it will get a bigger following on there? I don't know, but it's better than it being canned for good.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I really like Bayonetta, but the reality is, if it wasn't for Nintendo providing the funds to publish and develop the game, Bayonetta would be dead. I'm glad at least one company wants to try with it. And maybe if that does well, there will be more games in the future for WiiU. Maybe it will get a bigger following on there? I don't know, but it's better than it being canned for good.
Bayonetta was dead. Nintendo is playing necromancer with this thing.

Top Bottom