• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ok, i must say i exaggerated with Controller being easy. But i set up PS3 for PC and it wasnt hard at all.
But it should work.

Now i am suggesting PC because they wouldnt publish it for other consoles (why make Bayo 2 then?).

But i think if Nintendo ignores fan request for Bayo 2 on PC, then they will get alot of bad PR.

And PC is a middle ground. Nintendo wants excclusivitiy for Bayo to get their console sold:
- No Xbox or PS
- and only 6 months after Nintendo release will PC edition come out

Thats a good deal for Nintendo if you ask me. They have provided a PC edition for people.
Its not Xbox or PS but hey everyone knows that Nintendo can't do that, and i cant blame them if they released a PC edition.

But Loopy hypothetically Nintendo publishes a PC edition that works well:
Don't you think Nintendo have paid respect to fans then?

Id say so. The inconvenience (getting PC) is bad but ill say it again: If Nintendo does then kudos to them.

But if Nintendo does nothing and keeps the exclusivity then i agree with some fans:
F Nintendo.

Because they did not save Bayonetta 2 from anything more than a delayed sequal.

And whats point of Bayo 2 if you never will get to play it on Xbox or PS, which is where the fans are, or even have the chance of playing it on PC.
"Nintendo will get a lot of bad PR"

You're under this impression that Bayonetta is a big deal. And Nintendo doesn't have to fund a PC port. That just defeats the purpose of having it as an exclusive. They didn't pick up Bayonetta to benefit the PC market, they picked it up on the hope it would benefit THEM.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Ok, i must say i exaggerated with Controller being easy. But i set up PS3 for PC and it wasnt hard at all.
But it should work.
Should work, but doesn't always. That's the problem. And if it's unreliable, it puts gamers off trying again.

Now i am suggesting PC because they wouldnt publish it for other consoles (why make Bayo 2 then?).
PC is still a console. And they made Bayonetta2 because Nintendo payed to have exclusive rights to the game. They will not be putting it on another platoform because it would be a violation of Nintendo's exclusivity to the game.

But i think if Nintendo ignores fan request for Bayo 2 on PC, then they will get alot of bad PR.
I don't think it will be bad PR. The complaining is acutally coming from the PS3 and Xbox owners.

And PC is a middle ground. Nintendo wants excclusivitiy for Bayo to get their console sold:
- No Xbox or PS
- and only 6 months after Nintendo release will PC edition come out
PC is middle ground for what?
Might not me six months. It depends how long Nintendo has payed for the rights to the game. Also factor into that the time it would take to make a good port, and in total, you would be waiting quite a while.

Thats a good deal for Nintendo if you ask me. They have provided a PC edition for people.
Its not Xbox or PS but hey everyone knows that Nintendo can't do that, and i cant blame them if they released a PC edition.
That's not a good deal for Nintendo. It means that customers will not buy their console. Instead they will just buy the game from them. Nintendo bought these rights so that people would buy their console for Bayonetta.

But Loopy hypothetically Nintendo publishes a PC edition that works well:
Don't you think Nintendo have paid respect to fans then?
I don't think it would make a difference. PC fans are not generally interested in Bayonetta. It's the PS3 and Xbox fans who want Bayonetta for their consoles. If they ported to PS3 or Xbox then that could solve the problem.

Id say so. The inconvenience (getting PC) is bad but ill say it again: If Nintendo does then kudos to them.
Regardless, Nintendo want this game to be kept for their console. This is not about gaining respect from fans. They did this to boost sales of their console. They have seen the complaining already and are not going to change their minds about releasing the game for another platform.

But if Nintendo does nothing and keeps the exclusivity then i agree with some fans:
F Nintendo.
Over 1 game you will fu-k them? Even though Nintendo is the reason this Bayonetta is being made?

Because they did not save Bayonetta 2 from anything more than a delayed sequal.
Yes they did save Bayonetta. No other company wanted yo buy it because of the low sales. If Nintendo had not bought it with the added exclusivity, there would be no more Bayonetta.

And whats point of Bayo 2 if you never will get to play it on Xbox or PS, which is where the fans are, or even have the chance of playing it on PC.
The point of this Bayonetta is to make more consumers buy the WiiU by making the game an exculsive.

Besides, it's not like a load of people said 'f-you Nintendo' when the Project zero 4(fatal frame) game was released only on Wii consoles in Japan. So not only is that game locked to 1 console, but also only one country gets to play it even though there are fans all over the world. It's that kind of situation.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Where is your source that Nintendo saved Bayonetta?
You don't even need a source. Look at how badly it sold, and this was the game being made for 2 consoles. When the rights to Bayonetta were being sold, only Nintendo bought it. Therefore, they gave the funding for the second Bayonetta to be made and saved it. If it wasn't for Nintendo wanting the game as an exclusive, Bayonetta would not be being made again.

But here's a source anyway
http://n4g.com/news/1087138/bayonetta-2-would-not-exist-without-nintendo-says-platinum-games

IncarnatedDemon

You don't even need a source. Look at how badly it sold, and this was the game being made for 2 consoles. When the rights to Bayonetta were being sold, only Nintendo bought it. Therefore, they gave the funding for the second Bayonetta to be made and saved it. If it wasn't for Nintendo wanting the game as an exclusive, Bayonetta would not be being made again.

But here's a source anyway
http://n4g.com/news/1087138/bayonetta-2-would-not-exist-without-nintendo-says-platinum-games
That says nothing about Nintendo saving Bayonetta serie or Bayo 2.
All it says is that Bayo 2 wouldn't have existed without Nintendo which is a lie.

All Nintendo did was save Bayo 2 from a late sequal.

But then again what's point of Bayo 2 if Nintendo says "Buy Wii U or f off".

So i repeat: they didn't save Bayo serie or Bayonetta2 from never happening.
Bayo 1 was a new ip, and new ips does not not always sell well.
Especially a genre like Bayo.

DmC sold less than 1m and its a franchise with 4 games behind it!

So yes new IPs arent always going to sell well.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
All it says is that Bayo 2 wouldn't have existed without Nintendo which is a lie.
That's the guy at Platinum saying that without Nintendo's finances, Bayonetta would not have happened. There's more articles on the internet saying how Sega cancelled Bayonetta2 because it sold badly.It's not a lie. This is actually what has happened. No one else wanted to buy Bayonetta, only Nintendo. Sega had given up on it and Microsoft and Sony showed no interest in it. Only Nintendo wants this game.

It would not have been made at all.

That is the point of Bayonetta. Nintendo bought the exclusive rights to boost sales of their WiiU console.

Exactly! It did not sell well, therefore no one wanted to take a risk making another Bayonetta game. Only Nintendo wanted to buy it after Sega dropped it like a dead fish.

DmC was not down to it being new. It was down to several factors. Fans saying it killed Dante, deumbed down combat mechanics, Tameem doing bad PR, perceived mocking of the fans and the way that they said old Dante wasn't cool all contributed to bad sales. They made their own problems.
Bayonetta just didn't sell well. Not because the purblishers or PR did anything wrong, but because it just didn't get enough interest from consumers.

AlchemistFromEden

the developers are saying that it wouldn't have existed without nintendo because sega was disappointed, seriously, are you gonna say that the developers are blatantly lying
the game's sequel wasn't gonna exist at all without them, meaning they saved the series
so that they can get an exclusive ip on their console

which was why sega wasn't gonna fund a sequel and why nintendo WAS THE ONLY ONES WHO DID MEANING THEY SAVED THE SERIES

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Are you just extremely thick or delusional in denial?

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people

Actually DmC has sold 1.15 million of it's revised target :3

Scroll down through this, it's on about page 9 where it shows how much the titles Resident Evil 6 and DmC sold by the end of the fiscal year in March. Resident Evil 6 sold 4.9 million, DmC 1.15 million.

Or that may be entirely wrong, but that's what A203D on the other forum said it was, and he seemed to understand that stuff better than I do.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
Actually DmC has sold 1.15 million of it's revised target :3

Scroll down through this, it's on about page 9 where it shows how much the titles Resident Evil 6 and DmC sold by the end of the fiscal year in March. Resident Evil 6 sold 4.9 million, DmC 1.15 million.

Or that may be entirely wrong, but that's what A203D on the other forum said it was, and he seemed to understand that stuff better than I do.
so....how many did capcom want it to sold? (they lowered it but i forgot the numbers)

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
1.15 millions is the revised forecast. There was no info in their PDF as to how many copies the games have currently sold, only forecasts and as they were lowered again I'd guess sales are lower.

The number of 5 million was floating around for a while, but people were confused whether they meant 5 million units sold or profit (people got the assumption from Capcom implying things like "we want CoD numbers) when the game approached release they said they wanted 2 million sales which dropped to 1.2 million units shipped shortly after which has been lowered again to 1.15 million.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
so....how many did capcom want it to sold? (they lowered it but i forgot the numbers)
2 million originally. People did say it was 5 million [got mentioned in a magazine once] but I think it was more like a hopeful number, but I'm not sure any Devil May Cry game has ever sold that many units [I don't think even the new Tomb Raider has sold that though I might be wrong]. But the 2 million was the one they officially announced. You can see that on page 9 as well as their first forecast.

IncarnatedDemon

I don´t believe that if Nintendo hadn´t bought rights to Bayo 2 that there wouldnt been Bayo 2 in future.

This is statement from Inaba :
"Would Bayonetta 2 not exist without Nintendo? The answer is yes," says Atsushi Inaba

But that´s pretty ambigous statement:
1. You can interpret it as Bayo 2 wouldn´t exist in near future if it wasn´t for Nintendo

or

2. Bayo sequal would never exist (in 1 year, 3 or 10 years) if Nintendo didn´t fund it

And i am pretty sure he meant nr 1.

You guys are painting the picture that Nintendo saved a "endangered specie" from a
extinction. They just were lucky on grabbing Bayo for Wii U.

And way to "save Bayo", when its a game starting on Xbox 360 and PS3, and neither of those consoler owners will have opprtunity for it if they dont fork out money for Wii U.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I don´t believe that if Nintendo hadn´t bought rights to Bayo 2 that there wouldnt been Bayo 2 in future.

This is statement from Inaba :
"Would Bayonetta 2 not exist without Nintendo? The answer is yes," says Atsushi Inaba

But that´s pretty ambigous statement:
1. You can interpret it as Bayo 2 wouldn´t exist in near future if it wasn´t for Nintendo
How is that ambiguous? He says 'yes' that Bayonetta would not exist without Nintendo.

or

2. Bayo sequal would never exist (in 1 year, 3 or 10 years) if Nintendo didn´t fund it
Do you really think another company would pick it up a few years later? If there is no interest now from other companies, how would a few years change things?10 years is too long to leave it. No one would know what the game was and it would be treated like a new IP and sell badly because of that, just like the first time round.

And i am pretty sure he meant nr 1.

You guys are painting the picture that Nintendo saved a "endangered specie" from extinction. They just were lucky on grabbing Bayo for Wii U.
Luck had nothing to do with it. Nintendo picked up Bayonetta because no one else wanted to. Sega dropped it, and Nintendo was the only one who wanted to pick it up and that was with the condition that the game would be exclusive to their console. It is what it is. There's no sugar coating the fact that there would be no more Bayonetta without Nintendo picking it up.

resident evil 6 may reach those number but dmc...not sure lol
How is resident evil doing with sales anyway?

Terrutas

How is resident evil doing with sales anyway?
Reached 5 mil. Capcom expected 7.

I find it hilarious that they can just shift numbers so drastically. As if they believe their games are godlike and that they deserve twice as many sales as expected. That may be true, for the Capcom that existed 15-20 years ago.

Top Bottom