• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm pretty sure Demon was just trolling.

I hope so, but even if it was a troll, it wasn't funny. Besides, itsn't trolling done with the 'troll face'....

Before I troll you myself though, I just want to say that I agree with this 100%. I really do think there should be more women like Jade from Beyond Good and Evil and Faith... then again, I'm probably being biased towards Parkour Ninja (but still smart) Chicks -- I mean Women. Why do you want to troll me?:/

How about Naoto Shirogane? She's smart, but she also sucks at sports, and I still like her.

I would say Mitsuru Kirijo but, while she's smart and athletic, she just seems like she's just a tad too "perfect".

Grace Nakimura? She was one of the things that made me watch a Let's Play of Gabriel Knight. Great writing.

Now, let the trolling commence...

Expendable. (at least in DMC4)

Elizabeth was helpful and had good dialogue, but looked like she was trying to contain a watermelon landslide in her shirt. Expendable. Oh dear....anyone who comments on her chest than her character; it says more about that person than Elizabeth.

You say that like that's a bad thing. :(
It is a bad thing. Or do you want all men to have the image of being a child molestor, rapist and violent?

I'm joking, of course.
Of course you are:p

So i was being sarcastic.
You'll have to excuse me Loopy, i could not resist.
That really didn't seem sarcastic. Next time, think before you type that kind of post. It can anger or upset people.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Of course you are:p
Yeah, you know I was! I'd never say or even believe anything like that.

Still, I don't like the character design for Elizabeth. It's like Ken Levine was afraid she wouldn't sell if she had even a slightly smaller chest.

And even if it does say something about me, I still stand by my beliefs that female character designs in general need to change.

Whether or not they happen to have superpowers isn't the issue here. :ermm:

Yes. I am shallow (in a certain sense). And I am not afraid to admit it.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yeah, you know I was! I'd never say or even believe anything like that.
You know that I know that you know. ^_^

Still, I don't like the character design for Elizabeth. It's like Ken Levine was afraid she wouldn't sell if she had even a smaller chest. It's not like she starts off in a different outfit. The one she changes into is after she makes a kill and cuts her hair. I figured it was something to do with her maturing from a shy, innocent girl in the tower to a woman who is just starting to realise what she is and what her powers can do.

And even if it does say something about me, I still stand by my beliefs that female character designs in general need to change.They do need to change, but ones like Bayonetta, I'm fine with her. She's like an oversexualised parody.:p

Whether or not they have superpowers. :ermm:

Yes. I am shallow (in a certain sense). And I am not afraid to admit it.
Everyone is shallow and that's how the world is.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
This is all I have to say to Capcom about their low sales
7e8.gif

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
And there have been signs showing that Sega has little interest at the moment in Bayonetta:
Sega will sacrifice operations in Europe and Australia to laser-focus on four key brands: Aliens, Sonic, Total War, Football Manager

Bayonetta not being known in Nintendo world is not a wise argument for not releasing Bayonetta on Wii U.

So PG had to make a decision, create Bayonetta now with Nintendo or possibly wait 1-4 years for Sega to publish it. They didn't want to wait. And noone can blame them for it.
However, i hope that Platinum games will release Bayonetta 2 on PC 6-month to a year after Wii U release considering this statement:
How many people actually want a sequel to Bayonetta though? Don't answer that Demon.

It's a pretty weak exclusive considering how the first one didn't cause any waves anyway. And I don't think you'd see Bayonetta for any other console besides WiiU. P* is trying to work that gimmick Nintendo is forcing everyone to make friends with in the game.

I think regarding the WiiU I'm personally more interested in the next Zelda and Earthbound returning. That's both more important than an ugly giraffe with a beehive haircut that took pole dancing lessons.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
How many people actually want a sequel to Bayonetta though? Don't answer that Demon.

It's a pretty weak exclusive considering how the first one didn't cause any waves anyway. And I don't think you'd see Bayonetta for any other console besides WiiU. P* is trying to work that gimmick Nintendo is forcing everyone to make friends with in the game.

I think regarding the WiiU I'm personally more interested in the next Zelda and Earthbound returning. That's both more important than an ugly giraffe with a beehive haircut that took pole dancing lessons.
wait....EARTHBOUND IS RETURNING? HELL TO THE YES!

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
uh this is going to sound dumb but whatever....How do I do that exactly? I have my settings set so that members could talk to me but I guess that's not it? I'm going to be heading out now anyway but if you let me know now I can change it before I leave.

sorry for being off topic, carry on people ^_^

SORRY FOR THE OFF TOPIC!!!:'( Just ignore me, everyone else...

Uhhhh, when you do, can I PM u too if i'm in need of some company in my fangirling? I need my share of conversation with a fellow Vergil fan who happens to be as obsessed as I am without risking to spam the forum like we do sometimes...:p

Domenic93

You have to admit though, it was pretty passive-aggressive when you said you "respected" him for "calling me out".

I mean, gamers wanted B2. They got one. And they almost didn't get one to begin. I think they should be satisfied with that.

But no. Instead they're complaining that it's on a "casual" console that "they'll never buy". As if "casual" were some taboo term and you're not allowed to speak it.

At the end of the day, Nintendo, just like any other company, is still a business. They're going to get as many exclusives as they can. No matter what it takes.

And if Bayonetta doesn't sell well because of the supposed "boycott" then it's fine with me. I'm not a fan of B2, MGR, or DMC (anymore), so it doesn't affect me at all.

their treating a symptom not the disease, the outsourcing in and of it self is not bad, it's bad when you give it to developers who have been shown to not make good combat, ruin an entire franchise with the same genre of the game you gave them, or just giving them to very small studios who do not have the talent to make said game,

but this has been a problem for capcom for a while, they cut two years off the development time of DMC4. we don't know how far up this goes, and with the megaman situation, nothing is working as it should.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Not to mention the ruining of Dino Crisis and to some people Clock tower but to be fair clock tower 3 did give us Demento so I'm okay with that also all the franchises that have been missing this Gen like breath of fire and viewtiful joe

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Not to mention the ruining of Dino Crisis and to some people Clock tower but to be fair clock tower 3 did give us Demento so I'm okay with that also all the franchises that have been missing this Gen like breath of fire and viewtiful joe
I liked Dino Crisis 3 on a cinematic perspective. the CGI cutscenes and designs of the ship were very well done, but there are little ties it to DC1 and DC2, and though using the jets was fun, the gameplay was terrible and...it really should've been aliens, dinosaurs in space is just too funny XD

Clock Tower 3 and Demento [Haunting Ground] I both enjoyed, but Demento is the stronger game. In Demento it's possible to outrun those chasing you and their appearances are often random, while Clock Tower 3 they show up like clock work and will hound you until you find a place to hide. Though these games are so alike to each other I do like to think of Demento as a spiritual sequel [I think it might've even been a Clock Tower game originally.]

Still, they are series I wouldn't mind seeing again. Dino Crisis could definitely do with a reboot.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I liked Dino Crisis 3 on a cinematic perspective. the CGI cutscenes and designs of the ship were very well done, but there are little ties it to DC1 and DC2, and though using the jets was fun, the gameplay was terrible and...it really should've been aliens, dinosaurs in space is just too funny XD

Clock Tower 3 and Demento [Haunting Ground] I both enjoyed, but Demento is the stronger game. In Demento it's possible to outrun those chasing you and their appearances are often random, while Clock Tower 3 they show up like clock work and will hound you until you find a place to hide. Though these games are so alike to each other I do like to think of Demento as a spiritual sequel [I think it might've even been a Clock Tower game originally.]

Still, they are series I wouldn't mind seeing again. Dino Crisis could definitely do with a reboot.
Your right Demento was originally Clock Tower 4 before it was renamed Demento (Haunting Grounds), and I honestly just want another Dino Crisis with Regina in it, but not a reboot though it would be confusing since 3's in the future then 4 would be in the past continuing 1 and 2. I'd say I want another Clock tower game but since Remothered is in the works i'm fine for now. Resident Evil is dead to me unless capcom want to remake RE 1.5 as a noncanon game similar to Gaiden but with REmake style controls and current gen graphics but honestly thats just a pipe dream, they can't possible make a sequel to Demento so unless they make a new survival horror Ip they NEED to make another Dino Crisis or Clock tower game

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'd totally forgotten they made Clock tower and Demento. Those were some good horror games. Demento really gave a sense of fear when you were being chased. But I didn't like the level where Riccardo was chasing you. Using that gun was so unfair.>_<

Top Bottom