• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
why would they even do that?
I see what he's talking about. My friend and I were hanging out and we just decided to take a look around Gamestop. We just decided to put DmC on pre-order and there was a guy working there who seriously tried to tell us how much it was going to suck and said we should get Rising instead. Our reaction was just dude, put my game on preorder so I can get the hell outta here.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Capcom is for some reason nervous about what to do with MegaMan just because Inafune left. My point is that MegaMan is a money maker and a big one at that. Are these thousands upon thousands of fans clamoring for more MegaMan not there? They are basically waiting to give MegaMan more money. Honestly, I don't understand this deal with cancelling these MegaMan games. From a business standpoint, it makes no freaking sense.

agreed.

As I said and as you just pointed out, the general belief is that Capcom may be nervous or confused about where to head with the Mega man series, with so many different continuities to choose from and with Inafune gone it has become a problematic situation for Capcom.

I think they know that with the proper care and dedication they can make big money off of Mega Man once again, but they simply are to gunshy and unsure at this point on its future.

IncarnatedDemon

And I'm hopinh Bayonetta won't be in the negative side. All I heard since the first announcement that it would be on WiiU only was a lot of complaining and people saying they would boycott it. Plain childish if you ask me. I'm hoping that kind of reaction has changed. Either that, or the complainers were just a very vocal minority.
Don't worry i am sure Bayonetta will decent sales wise.

Some fans will be angry because of their unhealthy obsession with a console, and will over do it.
But i think many fans will accept the decision to have it on Wii U, or might even buy a console for it.

However, fans can try persuade Nintendo/Platinum games to release a PC version of Bayo 2 6 months or a year after release.

My advice to you is avoid calling Bayonetta fans who can't tolerate Bayonetta on Wii U with names such as "console fanboy" or "vocal minority".
Simply ignore them.

Metal Gear Rising was called Metal Gear Solid: Rising to begin with. Later the name was changed.
But some people reacted badly at the genre of the game.

But that didn't stop the completely new Hack and Slash game to sell well.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
I see what he's talking about. My friend and I were hanging out and we just decided to take a look around Gamestop. We just decided to put DmC on pre-order and there was a guy working there who seriously tried to tell us how much it was going to suck and said we should get Rising instead. Our reaction was just dude, put my game on preorder so I can get the hell outta here.
dafuq? just do your damn job dude no one asked you >.> jeez...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
agreed.

As I said and as you just pointed out, the general belief is that Capcom may be nervous or confused about where to head with the Mega man series, with so many different continuities to choose from and with Inafune gone it has become a problematic situation for Capcom.

I think they know that with the proper care and dedication they can make big money off of Mega Man once again, but they simply are to gunshy and unsure at this point on its future.
And the best option is to cancel now count em 4 MegaMan games. Was Inafune the sole developer of MegaMan and the only one who possesses the knowledge to create one?

I wish Capcom would just sell the IP to Nintendo or something. We can then see the guy in the next Smash Bros. and I'm confident they would continue MegaMan.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
And the best option is to cancel now count em 4 MegaMan games. Was Inafune the sole developer of MegaMan and the only one who possesses the knowledge to create one?

I wish Capcom would just sell the IP to Nintendo or something. We can then see the guy in the next Smash Bros. and I'm confident they would continue MegaMan.
btw i just remembered didn't the megaman developer left capcom?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
And if Bayonetta doesn't sell well because of the supposed "boycott" then it's fine with me. I'm not a fan of B2, MGR, or DMC (anymore), so it doesn't affect me at all.

hmmm......................
:/

Don't mind me, just kinda weird seeing a line like that on a DMC forum thats all.^_^

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Oh man... I hate when people do that.
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Don't worry i am sure Bayonetta will decent sales wise.

Some fans will be angry because of their unhealthy obsession with a console, and will over do it.
But i think many fans will accept the decision to have it on Wii U, or might even buy a console for it.

However, fans can try persuade Nintendo/Platinum games to release a PC version of Bayo 2 6 months or a year after release.

My advice to you is avoid calling Bayonetta fans who can't tolerate Bayonetta on Wii U with names such as "console fanboy" or "vocal minority".
Simply ignore them.

Metal Gear Rising was called Metal Gear Solid: Rising to begin with. Later the name was changed.
But some people reacted badly at the genre of the game.

But that didn't stop the completely new Hack and Slash game to sell well.
Bayonetta is going to the WiiU for an audience that isn't even there. How does this make any sense? Bayonetta is not even a popular character. When it comes to Nintendo everyone knows who Mario is. Everyone knows who Link is. etc. etc. How big of a minority actually care about Bayonetta? Not a very big one at all.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Was Inafune the sole developer of MegaMan and the only one who possesses the knowledge to create one?

Not sure, but If I had to guess he may have been one of the only ones who actually give a flying fudge about the Mega Man series.

Without him Capcom sure has been cancelling games left and right.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Should I leave?

Seriously though, I come here now just for the friends I've made on here.

Who said anything about leaving?

Just saying that its weird that your not a fan of a series and yet your here on a DMC forum.

So long as you don't make trouble for the ones that are still a fan of the series than I'm cool.^_^ (not saying you would).

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Without him Capcom sure has been cancelling games left and right.

Makes sense.

Who said anything about leaving?

Just saying that its weird that your not a fan of a series and yet your here on a DMC forum.

So long as you don't make trouble for the ones that are still a fan of the series than I'm cool.^_^ (not saying you would).

I have nothing against the fans of the series. I've just personally given up on the franchise, myself. People can play what they want.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Relax. I thought you didn't even play Bayonetta, so why should it affect you?

Don't worry, bro. I ain't goin' nowhere. :shifty:
I really don't it's just that it doesn't make any sense. It will not be any killer app for the system. The first one wasn't even a big deal. It's kind of a prime example of companies who just don't know how to market and sell their own games. Like Jim Sterling was talking about in Jimquisition recently.

Top Bottom