• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

IncarnatedDemon

Bayonetta is going to the WiiU for an audience that isn't even there. How does this make any sense? Bayonetta is not even a popular character. When it comes to Nintendo everyone knows who Mario is. Everyone knows who Link is. etc. etc. How big of a minority actually care about Bayonetta? Not a very big one at all.

"Would Bayonetta 2 not exist without Nintendo? The answer is yes," says Atsushi Inaba, executive director at Platinum Games. He tells Polygon that Nintendo, the sequel's publisher, was a key partner in getting the game made.
"We are not viewing this as a change of platform," Inaba told Polygon in an interview at Tokyo Game Show. "We were looking for a partner to create Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo was a strong, cooperative partner that was willing to create and grow Bayonetta 2 together [with us]. As a result the platform became the Wii U."

And there have been signs showing that Sega has little interest at the moment in Bayonetta:
Sega will sacrifice operations in Europe and Australia to laser-focus on four key brands: Aliens, Sonic, Total War, Football Manager

Bayonetta not being known in Nintendo world is not a wise argument for not releasing Bayonetta on Wii U.

So PG had to make a decision, create Bayonetta now with Nintendo or possibly wait 1-4 years for Sega to publish it. They didn't want to wait. And noone can blame them for it.
However, i hope that Platinum games will release Bayonetta 2 on PC 6-month to a year after Wii U release considering this statement:

"We create the basic framework of our games on the PC, so even though the hardware changes it doesn't influence the creation of our games. We've already developed our own engine to work with multiple platforms.
"Because of the Wii U GamePad, we are putting extra thought into how to use these differentiating features," Inaba said. "There's a difference in the game design side, but we are enjoying the challenges of creating games for new hardware."

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
There. B2 would have just gone to another console had it not been for Big N taking it as an exclusive first.

IncarnatedDemon

No one's worried. :|

You should follow your own advice. Seriously.

I'd say Loopy is a little worried for Bayonetta. And that was him my post was directed at.
And I'm hopinh Bayonetta won't be in the negative side. All I heard since the first announcement that it would be on WiiU only was a lot of complaining and people saying they would boycott it. Plain childish if you ask me. I'm hoping that kind of reaction has changed. Either that, or the complainers were just a very vocal minority.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'd say Loopy was a little worried for Bayonetta. And that was him my post was directed at.
Loopy's a woman.

Uh ... a strong, independent woman who relies solely on her personal strength and intelligence, I mean... :ermm:

And I don't think she's really all that worried, either. There aren't too many quality hack n' slashes being made nowadays, so B2 is more of a "water-in-the-desert" situation.

Onecrazymonkey1

Loopy's a woman.

Edit:

crazymonkey, turn off your PM block so that I can talk to you.

uh this is going to sound dumb but whatever....How do I do that exactly? I have my settings set so that members could talk to me but I guess that's not it? I'm going to be heading out now anyway but if you let me know now I can change it before I leave.

sorry for being off topic, carry on people ^_^

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'd say Loopy is a little worried for Bayonetta. And that was him my post was directed at.
Thanks to everyone who pointed out I'm female:p

It's not the end of my world if Bayonetta fails, but it would be nice if it did well. I had fun playing it.

Loopy's a woman.

Uh ... a strong, independent woman who relies solely on her personal strength and intelligence, I mean... :ermm:

And I don't think she's really all that worried, either. There aren't too many quality hack n' slashes being made nowadays, so B2 is more of a "water-in-the-desert" situation.
Heh, thanks for that:p You read my mind about my opinions on Bayonetta btw.

IncarnatedDemon

Loopy's a woman.

Edit:

crazymonkey, turn off your PM block so that I can talk to you.
I think women are a tool for men for fun and to make food for men.

And i would never play a game with a female character as main character.

Females being expendable aside, anyone played Parasite Eve serie? Fun survival horror. Finished the game around 3 times.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
uh this is going to sound dumb but whatever....How do I do that exactly? I have my settings set so that members could talk to me but I guess that's not it? I'm going to be heading out now anyway but if you let me know now I can change it before I leave.

sorry for being off topic, carry on people ^_^

I'm not in a hurry. Go on ahead, and I'll tell you when you get back. ^_^

AlchemistFromEden

then you must talk to some sexist people, my gf is not a tool for "fun" and to cook food for me, and neither are all of the other girls that i'm close friends with
there's no reason not to, ahem, i'd play this all day if i had the chance
8643532796_6d5f574796.jpg

Females being expendable, anyone played Parasite Eve serie? Fun survival horror. Finished the game around 3 times.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

Females being expendable aside, anyone played Parasite Eve serie? Fun survival horror. Finished the game around 3 times.
And you're making this statement as a female? (well I'm assuming you are as that is what your profile says).

Women aren't tools, or do you have such a low opinion of females? You might as well go back to the kitchen if you think like that.

There's nothing wrong with females as a lead, it just hasn't been done much.

Female characters aren't expendable. What about Trish and Lady in DMC? Or Elizabeth in Bioshock who can take care of herself and helps you out in battle? Or Female Shepard in Mass effect. She was awesome.

Think before you make such sweeping statements.

That's like saying all men a dumb, violent and constantly want sex. Stereotyping is bad for both sides you know. And if a man wants to cook and look after kids, good for him. I see more top male chefs than women anyway.;)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I know right? It's like you're reading my mind. :troll:

But honestly, it's scary how a lot of guys think that way. Not to mention uncomfortable for the rest of us.

That's too bad. I really liked Mirror's Edge and Kingdoms Hearts (OH SNAP!)

Seriously though, I would have liked it if there had been more games out there with female protagonists. Persona 3 Portable was a very good start, in my humble opinion.

Females being expendable, anyone played Parasite Eve serie? Fun survival horror. Finished the game around 3 times.
I saw someone play through part of it... I'll watch a let's play later. I have other games that I want to play. I liked what I saw, though.

IncarnatedDemon

Looove Parasite eve really great Rpg with Survival horror elements 2 and 3rd birthday were a little disappointing more 2 then 3rd birthday but I love Aya Brea one of my fav female protags
Yes, she's also one of my favorite characters. I was on my way to buy the game on PSN, i had x credit.

It cost 50 credit for Parasite Eve 2
I had around 100-120 credit left.
I decided "I'll buy Wipeout HD" plus Para2

Bought Wipeout thing = was a DLC package
Down to 48ish credit. Not enough for Parasite eve 2. Plus i had a DLC package for a Wipeout game that i did not have.

So i bought Crash bandicoot.

That day still haunts me :/

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
Yes, she's also one of my favorite characters. I was on my way to buy the game on PSN, i had x credit.

It cost 50 credit for Parasite Eve 2
I had around 100-120 credit left.
I decided "I'll buy Wipeout HD" plus Para2

Bought Wipeout thing = was a DLC package
Down to 48ish credit. Not enough for Parasite eve 2. Plus i had a DLC package for a Wipeout game that i did not have.

So i bought Crash bandicoot.

That day still haunts me :/
at least you got crash bandicoot...

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm pretty sure Demon was just trolling.

There's nothing wrong with females as a lead, it just hasn't been done much.

Before I troll you myself though, I just want to say that I agree with this 100%. I really do think there should be more women like Jade from Beyond Good and Evil and Faith... then again, I'm probably being biased towards Parkour Ninja (but still smart) Chicks -- I mean Women.

How about Naoto Shirogane? She's smart, but she also sucks at sports, and I still like her.

I would say Mitsuru Kirijo but, while she's smart and athletic, she just seems like she's just a tad too "perfect".

Grace Nakimura? She was one of the things that made me watch a Let's Play of Gabriel Knight. Great writing.

Now, let the trolling commence...
Female characters aren't expendable. What about Trish and Lady in DMC?

Expendable. (at least in DMC4)

Or Elizabeth in Bioshock who can take care of herself and helps you out in battle? Or Female Shepard in Mass effect. She was awesome.

Elizabeth was helpful and had good dialogue, but looked like she was trying to contain a watermelon landslide in her shirt. Expendable.

That's like saying all men are dumb, violent and constantly want sex.

You say that like that's a bad thing. :(

I'm joking, of course. [/quote]

IncarnatedDemon

Parasite Eve is a game with a female protaganist. And i said alot things about women, one of them being "I would never play games with a female main character".

So i was being sarcastic.
You'll have to excuse me Loopy, i could not resist.

Top Bottom