• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

IncarnatedDemon

I would be upset too if I had a sequel of a game ported to a completely different system (a new one at that).
I'm not sure why P* decided to port it to the WiiU, but a good amount of people who were following Bayonetta 2 were upset about it.

Say if Borderlands 1 came out for the PS3/Xbox 360/PC normally and Borderlands 2 was released only on the Wii U. I'm sure a lot of fans of the series would be highly upset about it. So calling people "elitists" just because they dislike seeing their series being ported to another console (a console they probably don't have) is unnecessary.
I think Sega lost interest in Bayo and didnt think the genre was worth it.

And my impression of Nintendo making Bayo 2 is really positive.
It didn't look like Sega would do anything, so Nintendo said "Hey we can!" and PG said "Sure!".

Nothing wrong with that. Sucks for alot of people, but thats life.

From a long term perspective its good for the serie. Then Nintendo fans who havent bothered with other consoles will get Bayo.
More fans = more marketing = less chance of Bayo dying out.

ChaserTech

I think Sega lost interest in Bayo and didnt think the genre was worth it.

And my impression of Nintendo making Bayo 2 is really positive.
It didn't look like Sega would do anything, so Nintendo said "Hey we can!" and PG said "Sure!".

Nothing wrong with that. Sucks for alot of people, but thats life.

From a long term perspective its good for the serie. Then Nintendo fans who havent bothered with other consoles will get Bayo.
More fans = more marketing = less chance of Bayo dying out.

Yeah but you're still shutting out the original fans who played Bayonetta on the other consoles.

My point is that regardless on what good it does for a series to change onto another console, people are going to be upset about it since they originally played the series on their original console. So again, calling people "elitists" just because they are upset about the change is ridiculous. Especially since it would require you to buy a whole new system to enjoy the game.

IncarnatedDemon

Yeah but you're still shutting out the original fans who played Bayonetta on the other consoles.

My point is that regardless on what good it does for a series to change onto another console, people are going to be upset about it since they originally played the series on their original console. So again, calling people "elitists" just because they are upset about the change is ridiculous. Especially since it would require you to buy a whole new system to enjoy the game.
No no :p I respect you for calling out Unknown on calling Bayo players for elitists.

I was just saying that i can't point finger at Nintendo or Platinum Games and say "You betrayed us! You bastards!" :p

But if Platinum Games did not try to bring Bayo 2 for PC 6-1 year after Nintendo release then you could be angry.

I think fans deserve that :)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So calling people "elitists" just because they dislike seeing their series being ported to another console (a console they probably don't have) is unnecessary.

Ok. I'll just call you an ingrate, instead.

B2 never would have happened if it weren't for Nintendo in the first place.

Those are your options. Support Big N or go home.

wiiU-mario-umad-bayonetta-nintendo-13478755015.jpg

No, I don't like Nintendo, and have no intention of buying B2.

Edit:

No no :p I respect you for calling out Unknown on calling Bayo players for elitists.

How about I call you out on your overly aggressive behavior? Oh wait, everyone else have already done so. You need to listen more and talk less.

ChaserTech

Ok. I'll just call you an ingrate, instead.

B2 never would have happened if it weren't for Nintendo in the first place.

Those are your options. Support Big N or go home.

wiiU-mario-umad-bayonetta-nintendo-13478755015.jpg

No, I don't like Nintendo, and have no intention of buying B2.

I'm sorry that I'm not grateful enough to spend $300+ on a system for just one game.

Generally speaking though, I'm not a huge fan of Bayonetta. I'm just stating that it's an inconvenience to buy a new system just for a sequel of a game. If calling people names makes you feel happy, that's cool I guess.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Thing is, while I'm really happy Bayonetta has been saved, I'm not buying a WiiU just to play it. There are no other games I want that I can't get for PS3 or Xbox. I played a load of Mario games on the SNES and I don't want to be playing them again just with updated graphics.
Sad thing is, I don't know if new Bayonetta will sell on the WiiU. The console now has the image of being for children and casuals, which is a shame because it has a lot of potential.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It'll be fine. If nothing else, DmC has shown us that devoted fans can affect a game's sales (be it negatively or positively). -_-
And I'm hopinh Bayonetta won't be in the negative side. All I heard since the first announcement that it would be on WiiU only was a lot of complaining and people saying they would boycott it. Plain childish if you ask me. I'm hoping that kind of reaction has changed. Either that, or the complainers were just a very vocal minority.

IncarnatedDemon

How about I call you out on your overly aggressive behavior? Oh wait, everyone else have already done so. You need to listen more and talk less.

Chaser: I'm still ****ed about it being a WiiU exclusive, but hey it's Bayonetta.

You: Oh Christ. Are the elitists butthurt about that too??
I dislike people who call others elitists. Because it's very condescending.

If i was overly aggressive i would have called you out on it instead of Chaser. I didn't.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm hoping that kind of reaction has changed.

Then you're hoping for entirely too much, I'm afraid. The only thing that has changed is the fact that the ingrates love this game more than they hate the Wii U. If it weren't for that, sales would tank. Definitely. But like I said, elitists love Kamiya and his "60 frame-per-second goodness", so it'll sell just enough to do all right.

Either that, or the complainers were just a very vocal minority.

That "vocal minority" destroyed DmC sales due them simply saying "DON'T BUY IT," so I'm not going to underestimate them this time around.

Of course, they'll deny that 'til the end -- even though freakin' gamestop employees were telling people not to buy it. Also, remember the stories of when elitists were threatening violence on people just for buying DmC? Yeah, you can be damn sure that was a factor, as well. Something the Elite would be more than happy to forget, I'm sure.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The MegaMan franchise has made more money than the Devil May Cry franchise and maybe we would see MegaMan raking in more cash, if only Capcom would RELEASE A GAME! Lots of petitions and even claims to fund a kickstarter to get these MegaMan games going are all over the place, with so many fans yearning for more you seriously think MegaMan isn't a money maker? It is, just Capcom can't see it.

Once again your not fully reading my post...

I didn't say that the mega Man series over the years hasn't made more money than DMC.

I explicitly staged that currently as in recent years (span of say 10 or so) it hasn't made more money that DMC.

Obviously over the couse of 25 or so years it has made a COMBINED profit way higher than DMC, but the latest recent games have not been able to stack up to DMC sales wise.

It could be a money maker if Capcom put more effort and dedication into choosing 1 of the timelines (whether it be original, X,Zero,or even ZX) and focusing entirely on that timeline until it is finished.

But just so there is no misunderstadnings, I LOVE mega man, would love to see it return, but only pointed out that in recent years it was in a decline and that is most likely why it got canned.

Capcom being capcom obviously could not see it was their own fault for the decline.

They instead blamed it on the fans when Legends 3 was cancelled.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Once again your not fully reading my post...

I didn't say that the mega Man series over the years hasn't made more money than DMC.

I explicitly staged that currently as in recent years (span of say 10 or so) it hasn't made more money that DMC.

Obviously over the couse of 25 or so years it has made a COMBINED profit way higher than DMC, but the latest recent games have not been able to stack up to DMC sales wise.

It could be a money maker if Capcom put more effort and dedication into choosing 1 of the timelines (whether it be original, X,Zero,or even ZX) and focusing entirely on that timeline until it is finished.

But just so there is no misunderstadnings, I LOVE mega man, would love to see it return, but only pointed out that in recent years it was in a decline and that is most likely why it got canned.

Capcom being capcom obviously could not see it was their own fault for the decline.

The instead blamed it on the fans when Legends 3 was cancelled.
Capcom is for some reason nervous about what to do with MegaMan just because Inafune left. My point is that MegaMan is a money maker and a big one at that. Are these thousands upon thousands of fans clamoring for more MegaMan not there? They are basically waiting to give MegaMan more money. Honestly, I don't understand this deal with cancelling these MegaMan games. From a business standpoint, it makes no freaking sense.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
If i was overly aggressive i would have called you out on it instead of Chaser. I didn't.

You have to admit though, it was pretty passive-aggressive when you said you "respected" him for "calling me out".

I mean, gamers wanted B2. They got one. And they almost didn't get one to begin. I think they should be satisfied with that.

But no. Instead they're complaining that it's on a "casual" console that "they'll never buy". As if "casual" were some taboo term and you're not allowed to speak it.

At the end of the day, Nintendo, just like any other company, is still a business. They're going to get as many exclusives as they can. No matter what it takes.

And if Bayonetta doesn't sell well because of the supposed "boycott" then it's fine with me. I'm not a fan of B2, MGR, or DMC (anymore), so it doesn't affect me at all.

Top Bottom