• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That's hilarious
I knew DmC was utter garbage for feces gargling retards but you're telling me its actually got a hand in Capcom going into a downward spiral?

****in priceless

tumblr_lnuhhwBXBD1qg945w.jpg

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
But I like your sig. It's cool. ^_^

Got to mix up sometimes even my Avatar needs to change. Variety is the true value in living.

Plus it seems eversince I first seen you on this thread you seem to have the same Avatar.....but so has I.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Got to mix up sometimes even my Avatar needs to change. Variety is the true value in living.

Plus it seems eversince I first seen you on this thread you seem to have the same Avatar.....but so has I.
That is true. As for me, I haven't changed my avatar since I joined this forum. I figured it might cause confusion if I did.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Grim news for DmC fans... Hopefully now we'll get a DMC game about Vergil....
Now that I would love! Not sure when I'd like it set though. DMC3 special edition with Vergil had so much potential. He played great moves wise, but I wish they had given him a full story to go with it.

Plus they'd have to bring back Southworth for the voice.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Grim news for DmC fans... Hopefully now we'll get a DMC game about Vergil....

Now your just going backwards....it takes Capcom 2+ years to make a good DMC game (I hope they do) so unless if your referring to like a side title (RE: Revelations or Code Veronica) and not a full fledged DMC5 I'm all game but would prefer a Sparda game....buuttt...

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
In a way this is good news for me...It doesn't really say that they are going bankrupt, but westernizing of beloved franchises are unlikely or any sequels for that matter...Come on capcom get your s@#t together and give me Capcom vs SNK 3

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Now your just going backwards....it takes Capcom 2+ years to make a good DMC game (I hope they do) so unless if your referring to like a side title (RE: Revelations or Code Veronica) and not a full fledged DMC5 I'm all game but would prefer a Sparda game....buuttt...
I was thinking side title, not as a main. A Sparda one would be cool too. It would certainly shed some light on his past, and I'd really like to know more about that.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
In a way this is good news for me...It doesn't really say that they are going bankrupt, but westernizing of beloved franchises are unlikely or any sequels for that matter...Come on capcom get your s@#t together and give me Capcom vs SNK 3

While they're at it I want Power Stone 3, Rival Schools 3 (or whatever it might be called in the US), Plasma Sword 3 (or whatever they might call it in the US), DMC5, God Hand 2, a new MegaMan game (any new one...don't care at this point but would prefer Legends 3), MvC4 with a decent character roster (nothing less than 60), a new Viewtiful Joe game, Asura's Wrath 2 or something like it for I don't see how they can make a sequel after defeating God...although Bayonetta is doing it (this time with actual gameplay) and Dragon's Dogma 2 (a true sequel not this expansion crap but it does look good though).

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
While they're at it I want Power Stone 3, Rival Schools 3 (or whatever it might be called in the US), Plasma Sword 3 (or whatever they might call it in the US), DMC5, God Hand 2, a new MegaMan game (any new one...don't care at this point but would prefer Legends 3), MvC4 with a decent character roster (nothing less than 60), a new Viewtiful Joe game, Asura's Wrath 2 or something like it for I don't see how they can make a sequel after defeating God...although Bayonetta is doing it (this time with actual gameplay) and Dragon's Dogma 2 (a true sequel not this expansion crap but it does look good though).
Its a good day

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'd argue DmC's enviroment are not that good for a DMC game.

ESpecially the club level. With constant orange lights and strong colours.

And if you look at DMC 3 there are some great enviroments.
Of course you would. You hate EVERYTHING about DmC.

I think the color pallet for something like the nightclub level can sometimes get a little harsh on the eyes with the flashing but, as for everything else in the game, DmC's level design and art direction is truly one of the most interesting, creative, and beautiful looking games visually in recent memory. I thought seriously there would be at least a mutual understanding on something like that but this bias goes real deep.

DMC just has levels that look like they could also fit just fine in a Castlevania game. It's uninspired. They're just this typical fire and brimstone pallet gothic castles. DMC never did anything unique in that aspect. Hell, DMC 1's foundation is based entirely off a Resident Evil game and I can see a castle being used in a RE game so I'm guessing some of the rooms we fought in in that game could have just been recycled levels from the previous project.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Mega Man is a entirely different beast than DMC.

For 1, it has to many different continuity of games for Capcom to choose and focus on such as Mega Man,Mega Man X,Mega Man Zero,Mega Man Legends,Mega Man ZX,Mega Man starforce,Mega Man battle network.

Secondly, DMC is a bigger money maker.

So I don't think it would be all that accurate to use the canning of a Mega Man game to DMC.

Capcom probably isn't sure which series to back at the moment and thus just said **** it when it came to Megaman Legends 3.
DMC the bigger franchise? Umm nope.

MegaMan is a true icon in the industry. He's pretty much a household name and is like up there with Mario. There are so many different incarnations of the character. He's been around for 25 years and is STILL going strong with millions of fans still craving for more.

DMC faded over the years whether it truly being overshadowed by new killer apps in the genre like God Of War or DMC just not doing anything new or innovative and truly just limiting its audience to basically the die hard crowd. Like Yahtzee said in his DMC 4 review,
"DMC 4 is the agonized grackle squawk of a series pushed through the ringer and is utterly submitted to the fanboys and the weird girls who write erotic crossover fanfiction and smell like old meat."

You don't just take a risk like DmC if everything really was going in the right direction. At least Capcom decided not to just kill off Devil May Cry just because the creator left. Canning now 4 games in development just because Inafune left makes me wonder if he was the sole developer on MegaMan and the only one that possesses the knowledge needed to make one.

It's not like the blueprints lie in THE DOZENS OF MEGAMAN GAMES THAT FREAKING ALREADY EXIST
MegaMan.jpg

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
DMC the bigger franchise? Umm nope.

MegaMan is a true icon in the industry. He's pretty much a household name and is like up there with Mario. There are so many different incarnations of the character. He's been around for 25 years and is STILL going strong with millions of fans still craving for more.

DMC faded over the years whether it truly being overshadowed by new killer apps in the genre like God Of War or DMC just not doing anything new or innovative and truly just limiting its audience to basically the die hard crowd. Like Yahtzee said in his DMC 4 review,
"DMC 4 is the agonized grackle squawk of a series pushed through the ringer and is utterly submitted to the fanboys and the weird girls who write erotic crossover fanfiction and smell like old meat."

You don't just take a risk like DmC if everything really was going in the right direction. At least Capcom decided not to just kill off Devil May Cry just because the creator left. Canning now 4 games in development just because Inafune left makes me wonder if he was the sole developer on MegaMan and the only one that possesses the knowledge needed to make one.

It's not like the blueprints lie in THE DOZENS OF MEGAMAN GAMES THAT FREAKING ALREADY EXIST
MegaMan.jpg
and yet they canned it

Top Bottom