• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Calling all fans who didn't like DmC.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Btw, what's your username on youtube? o.o
SauceNinja, though I don't have any DMC videos excluding one where I dick around in LDK difficulty without a gamepad and play pretty terribly (I've been meaning to redo it forever... you know, when I get free time some day)

as far as dante smoking (eavesdropping on the current conversation), I didn't really mind. I mean, tony redgrave was an alcoholic, so was it really that unreasonable to assume an even younger version smoked? I was actually looking forward to seeing what kind of things resulted in dante quitting smoking, or maybe even how he got his signature jacket and carefree attitude, but I guess they wanted to drag stuff like that out for another game... I'm pretty impatient :(

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
That boy needed some clean new clothes, definitely. I get he's broke, but still.
Dante was broke too remember? But he still managed to look good....really hot actually.
th_087_.gif

DMC

Devil May Cry
the new dante.... is nero with bad hair cut.... i think he needs a cookie to calm down

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
SauceNinja, though I don't have any DMC videos excluding one where I **** around in LDK difficulty without a gamepad and play pretty terribly (I've been meaning to redo it forever... you know, when I get free time some day)

as far as dante smoking (eavesdropping on the current conversation), I didn't really mind. I mean, tony redgrave was an alcoholic, so was it really that unreasonable to assume an even younger version smoked? I was actually looking forward to seeing what kind of things resulted in dante quitting smoking, or maybe even how he got his signature jacket and carefree attitude, but I guess they wanted to drag stuff like that out for another game... I'm pretty impatient :(
I wanted the quitting smoking thing too. They had something like in the film Constantine where the main guy gave it up in the end after the cancer in his lungs was removed.

Dante was broke too remember? But he still managed to look good....really hot actually.
th_087_.gif

th_087_.gif
Oh yeah he was bootiful.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Nobody cares about Dante smoking. At least, nobody should. Smoking is not meant to look 'cool', and it doesn't. However, I'd think it were cooler if he continued smoking despite what people tell him to do. I feel this way because people who tell others what to do, what to eat and what to consume deserve to get slapped in the face for being dictatorial s*itheads. Everybody knows smoking is unhealthy; you're not helping the smoker by nagging all the time, nor did the smoker ask for help.

And about Dante's look, I hated it because there's not really a reason for him to look like that. You say he's poor. Sure, true. However, the simple fact is, NT decided this was what Dante should look like. They could've made him a little bit more affluent. Although, I guess that's not even the point. You could argue the old Dante probably didn't have a lot of money either (in the games, at least), yet he looked cool and well-groomed and all that. The fact is, NT made him look like this because it was their view of what his image should be like. The clothing isn't there just to illustrate that he's poor or something; this is a character we're talking about, and his clothes represent his character, just like Vergil's clothes sort of represent what he's like. In DMC3, Dante wore no shirt beneath his trench coat. This was a conscious decision Capcom made, not a decision Dante made to look extra 'sexy' or something. I think Dante looks 'meh' in DmC; nothing like a hero (which I suppose was the point), but he also doesn't look cool. He just looks... ordinary, and that doesn't scream 'Devil May Cry' to me. When he uses the DT, he does look a bit less ordinary, but still pretty boring, I think. The DT should've been a way to show his true form; to show what he's really like and how awesome he supposedly is inside. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
(I think I summarized the main 3 arguments correctly)
A Poem To Donte

(Old fans)
Your jacket is... kinda red
And Vergil is... kinda blue
I'll settle for any changes
Except for new you

(Angry Old Fans)
Eva is dead
Mundus is to
Vergil should be
AND YOU TO REAL SOON

(Loyal Old Fans)
That is enough
Disagreements, are said
It's time you become DANTE
Not Donte instead

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
A Poem To Donte

(Old fans)
Except for new you

(Angry Old Fans)
Eva is dead
Mundus is to
Vergil should be
AND YOU TO REAL SOON

(Loyal Old Fans)
That is enough
Disagreements, are said
Not Donte instead

That's beautiful. You have such a way with words.

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
A Poem To Donte

(Old fans)
Except for new you

(Angry Old Fans)
Eva is dead
Mundus is to
Vergil should be
AND YOU TO REAL SOON

(Loyal Old Fans)
That is enough
Disagreements, are said
Not Donte instead

XTrishXCosplayer

Honestly,I watched the game clips of the new DmC the game play looks like fun, only thing i dont like about it,is DmC dante's design,I how ever like Dmc Vergil,I just got a thing for men who carry cool looking canes But when it come's to Dante I will for ever love the orginal (1-4) I won't be playing the new game though i prefer my PS2

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm gonna need a little help with something.

See I've decided to make a fanfiction where a DMC fan goes into the DmC world. So I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Y'see the gamer despises DmC greatly and would usually call Dante Donte. I want you guys to tell me all the things you didn't like about DmC, so that I can get a good basis on the character.

no flaming, no fighting, just opinions.
This actually seems like a cool idea, even if it might annoy some people. I'd read it. I wouldn't mind seeing the flip side either...a fan of DmC who doesn't like the original DMC is sucked in and must try to survive in a world they hate. Both the fans end up respecting a game they initially hated. A happy ending and everyone gets along. Lol.

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
Honestly,I watched the game clips of the new DmC the game play looks like fun, only thing i dont like about it,is DmC dante's design,I how ever like Dmc Vergil,I just got a thing for men who carry cool looking canes But when it come's to Dante I will for ever love the orginal (1-4) I won't be playing the new game though i prefer my PS2

Did you just call me a cane? ,:I

Well that settles it. I remember back in the day (good times) when each single weapon you got, was like a new adventure to be had. (Exaggerated)
When you got your first sword in DMC! To when you got that insane 666 weapons suit case in DMC4! Now, there arnt those kinds of weapons. Just ones that are faster or ones that are stronger than the rest.

I think if someone was thrown into the original DMC world, you'd have a LOT of fun with the crazy weapons. And being thrown into DmC... eh it would seem cool, until you found out that your bazooka-pistol was named something stupid like... Kablooey! Oh... wait... -_-

For Sparda's sake...Now... I'm a "cool looking cane"! Still better than Dante's new "shiny toothpick" though. :/

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i do kind of like the new Dante but he has allot of problems

the thing that really gets me about new Dante is when ever he dose anything remotely cool he point it out like where too stupid to know it was cool
and by pointing out it was cool it instantly becomes less cool

also he talks to much (and hear me out) the real Dante only talked to the bosses or other main characters he didn't give the lower class demons the time of day simply because there not worth his time

but the new Dante has to say some lame quip to ever little thing that happens and it just get on my nerves

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Imo Prototype 2 was terrible compared to P1. And i has a lot to do with protagonist being turned into typical military buffoon with fist for brain. That aside story missions were butchered and turned into generic side missions. So to me just as DmC, P2 is good example how NOT to do franchise continuity.

Top Bottom