• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Calling all fans who didn't like DmC.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Imo Prototype 2 was terrible compared to P1. And i has a lot to do with protagonist being turned into typical military buffoon with fist for brain. That aside story missions were butchered and turned into generic side missions. So to me just as DmC, P2 is good example how NOT to do franchise continuity.
ya i still didn't get that far in prototype 2 were in 1 i got all the achievements why would they think not playing as Alex was a good idea

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Imo Prototype 2 was terrible compared to P1. And i has a lot to do with protagonist being turned into typical military buffoon with fist for brain. That aside story missions were butchered and turned into generic side missions. So to me just as DmC, P2 is good example how NOT to do franchise continuity.

Now wait a second.
I know P2 had a crappy story, and a worse character, but there were a lot of things done right however. improved combat mechanics, a more color filled city, and three different new places to go.
Though I prefer Mercer, I won't say Heller was completely bad. He was funny, action-first-questions-later, and it fit with the sheer destruction of P2.
And lastly, the only reason I would agree that DmC isn't a good franchise continuation is because it's not the right comeback Devil May Cry needed, but for me, it was the Devil May Cry I wanted.
But it's obvious Capcom will go back to the classic series.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Now wait a second.
I know P2 had a crappy story, and a worse character, but there were a lot of things done right however. improved combat mechanics, a more color filled city, and three different new places to go.
Though I prefer Mercer, I won't say Heller was completely bad. He was funny, action-first-questions-later, and it fit with the sheer destruction of P2.
And lastly, the only reason I would agree that DmC isn't a good franchise continuation is because it's not the right comeback Devil May Cry needed, but for me, it was the Devil May Cry I wanted.
But it's obvious Capcom will go back to the classic series.
Prototype 2 did 3 things right: better combat, better visuals and cool cutscenes. But it did lot things wrong. Like i said when in Prototype 1 were unique missions in P2 it turned into repetitive sidequests, while all bosses are nothing but unique variation of normal enemies. And story was honestly pretty bad. They basically butchered Mercer to push Heller, but honestly Mercer had many more growth potential as individual character.
And i don't believe Capcom ever returns to DMC. They put to much effort into reboot to ditch it.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I like Mercer as both the Hero and the Villain. It gives us an excuse to fight him, whether or not we play the part of either.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Prototype 2 did 3 things right: better combat, better visuals and cool cutscenes. But it did lot things wrong. Like i said when in Prototype 1 were unique missions in P2 it turned into repetitive sidequests, while all bosses are nothing but unique variation of normal enemies. And story was honestly pretty bad. They basically butchered Mercer to push Heller, but honestly Mercer had many more growth potential as individual character.
And i don't believe Capcom ever returns to DMC. They put to much effort into reboot to ditch it.

I do agree with you on the Mercer part. I understand why they made him evil, but it just didn't feel like the same Mercer I played with in P1. Not only the voice, but the character as well. What I missed from P1 was the transverse aspect. I liked the way Alex Mercer ran, jumped, and glided in P1. It felt more stable and honestly more reliable and fun. In P2 with Heller it feels clunky and just all around boring to even play sometimes.

Capcom goes where the money is. people want DMC, people will get DMC. However don't expect it to be in tip top conditions when it's released.

I like Mercer as both the Hero and the Villain. It gives us an excuse to fight him, whether or not we play the part of either.

I liked the way he acted in P2 in terms of personality with the cockiness and quips, but him being a bad guy felt really one sided for me since I've used him so much in P1.

DMC

Devil May Cry
My opinion they should continue the original series and the new series... I think the new one is interesting. but I miss the old series.. but game companies don't like that idea... what a cruel world.... -eats a cookie-

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
My opinion they should continue the original series and the new series... I think the new one is interesting. but I miss the old series.. but game companies don't like that idea... what a cruel world.... -eats a cookie-
i agree the DmC world has potential its just they need better writers
but i really want the old Dante back

Top Bottom