• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best game of 2008-2009

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
What do you think is the best game?

I'd have to say Resident Evil 5.

Now for the record if you don't have anything nice to say, put a dick in it.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
RE5. Everything else recently has been ****e; and I won't expect any other good games for a while now.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
My favorite game from 2008-2009(so far) would be between Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3, one of those. Left 4 Dead deserves a mention too.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
i say RES 5 hands down .... the graphics and gameplay even though sheva is annoying it still wins it for me :p

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I can't actually keep to one game, as much as I try, it's always going to be a split vote between Resi 5 and Fallout 3 for me.

Resi 5 and Fallout 3 have been the only games I've found to be exceptionally outstanding lately, everything else has been a massive pile of meh and indifference, Resi 5 has enjoyable Co-Op play, fun gameplay, Mercenaries mode is a great way to kill time and an interesting story.

While Fallout 3 on the other hand has, quite simply, some of the best gameplay I've seen in a long time, while also being heavily customisable, allowing you to roleplay with a significant amount of freedom, that, coupled with the DLC keeping the game fresh makes for something quite special.

Dark Drakan

Admin
VeNGeD;168048 said:
My favorite game from 2008-2009(so far) would be between Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3, one of those. Left 4 Dead deserves a mention too.

Id have to say the same really. Enjoyed playing Gears of War 2 with friends on the excellent Horde mode. Also had some great LAN games with it with friends. Fallout 3 is the game ive played the most since i got Call Of Duty 4. Its a great game and one of the best games ive played for a long time. So much to do, an excellent story and does almost everything right. With some great DLC packs already out and another coming im going to be playing this game for a long time yet. Then theres Left 4 Dead which is hands down one of the most fun multiplayer games ive ever played. Cant wait for more friends to get this game so we can all play it together.

Overall though so far id go with Fallout 3 but thought the other 2 deserved a thumbs up mention too.

Janny

Dines with dementia
Based on the amount of time it's kept me entertained, I'd say Fallout 3. A shame it got boring later, but it was amazing while it lasted, I even ditched college homework a couple of times over playing a few hours. And the game got me into oldish music, so kudos to Fallout for that.

And my parents got freaked out seeing me play a game where the enemies are so much bigger that me, which is totally a bonus.

Sparda™

Since we're talking about 2008-2009, I rephrase from my above post, Metal Gear Solid 4.

The game with the most awards, flawless ratings and the most epic, definitely.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^I would not call MSG4 flawless, but the story was pretty epic and the gameplay was as good as ever.^_^

My vote goes to Fallout3.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Oh please you want evidence that all those awards are a bunch of losers who love over-hyping crap?

One word= HALO

I rest my case right there.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Halo got just as many awards and appraise frum the same people.

You can't trust those stupid game awards.

And obviously MGS4 is WAY better than Halo, would be stupid to compare the games themselves.

I just think MGS4 isn't perfect is all.

Sparda™

Metal Gear Solid is probably the best game series ever.

And speaking of 2008-2009, MGS4 is at 1st place.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^I thought Fallout 3 had more fun things you could do with stealth.

You could sneak around a camp filled with bad guys, droping mines everywhere.

You can sneak up behind some guy, and plant a live grenade in his pocket. BOOM:lol:

You had homes to break into, people to steal frum. All sorts of sneaky fun.

Stealth was done REALLY well in Fallout 3.

Only difference is that Fallout 3 plays MUCH better when you have blown you cover and need to shoot your way out.

Sparda™

ROFL.

Metal Gear Solid gave birth to Stealth game genres, and It's the only who makes It as It should be.

Top Bottom