• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best game of 2008-2009

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Ugh! Leave it out would you? If you're going to argue over something like this, do it in either a fashion befitting an actual thread, or take it to visitor messages, this thread is to discuss which game you personally think it the best game of 2008-2009, not arguing to the death like a rabid fanboy, it's worth remembering that your views are subjective, personal opinion, and if people are actually effected by those opinions, then they've really got to rethink their priorities.

So pack it in would you.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^I don't think that going into detail about our favorite games is hurting the topic.

Sparda™;168155 said:
ROFL.

Metal Gear Solid gave birth to Stealth game genres, and It's the only who makes It as It should be.

ROFL

No it didn't.

The thief series of games did it first and did it better.

And the stealth mechanic in Fallout 3 is just about perfect as well.

And again, i never said that MGS4 was bad. I just refuse to call it "perfect"

The thing that made Fallout so cool was the fact that it could be a stealth game, but could also be anything else.

Sparda™

Fallout 3 is an action role-playing game.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is a Stealth action game.

These are the facts. I rest my case.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sparda™;168165 said:
Fallout 3 is an action role-playing game.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is a Stealth action game.

These are the facts. I rest my case.

Wrong, Fallout can be a stealth game too.

Played the whole game with nothing but my stealth skill and a knife(with only cloth armor), Dead serious.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
No, it's not going into detail, you're getting to the point where you're just arguing for the sake of arguing now.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Yhea your right, but at least I try to post up valid points.

Here is why I liked Fallout 3;

I liked fallout 3 because of the fact you could play it any way you wanted to.

The environment and atmosphere where absolutely better than I expected. Just an amazing world to play in.

It could be shooting action, could be survivor horror/stealth (with the right character build) or you can do what my friend did, play only using you fists.:lol:

There is no limit to the things you can do in Fallout 3.

And with DLC more just keeps coming.

Keaton

Premium
I agree with Angelo Credo here, no more inter-game debates. This is a thread for which game was the best for 2008-9 (in your opinion) and why...not contesting other decisons.

Personally, I loved Resi5 finding it to be a very refreshing game of late, although farily recycled it was still a compelling story and great visual experience. ^^

Dark Drakan

Admin
Sparda™;168151 said:
Metal Gear Solid is probably the best game series ever.

As Kyle said its all down to opinion, i was a fan of MGS and have played them all. I would say they are excellent games but i wouldnt say in my opinion it was the best series ever. I didnt care for MGS 3 and not too fussed about 4 after playing it at a friends. It relies to heavily on cut scenes and not enough gameplay to keep me entertained.

Top Bottom