• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

at the end of DMC 4 does Nero=Dante in power

The Final Offer

You don't have any proofs, since Dante beaten Nero twice and had enough power to restrain him. ..lol At this point Dante beaten Vergil multiple times. Meaning Dante surpassed Vergil, while Nero most likely is at Vergil's level if he is at all. Nero rookie, Dante isn't. Nero isn't on his level. Any more straws you can pull out?

Oh and speaking of proof. What do you have to back up your ASSUMPTIONS that Nero can't match Dante in power?

Go on -sips wine- I'll wait.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Yes...that's where we start right after the last cutscene of DMC4 which is after the events that occurred in DMC4...

You ok dude?
The thread was asking whether or not Nero was on the same power level as Dante at the final cutscene of the game. This was never a debate whether or not he'd be stronger in future events after the game.

The Final Offer

The thread was asking whether or not Nero was on the same power level as Dante at the final cutscene of the game. This was never a debate whether or not he'd be stronger in future events after the game.

Yes, all the events are done. This is analyzing Nero after the fact. Why are you making such a big deal out of this?

Also OP didn't specify.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
''In contrast, Dante has trained and tempered his own Devil Trigger to the point where he can absorb the souls of powerful demons and bind them to Devil Arms (Vergil is capable of this ability as well, thanks to fighting demons and being hardened by experience just as long as Dante). He can also restrain his demonic power from drastically affecting his appearance...while Nero is stuck with his demonic power manifested in the form of his Devil Bringer arm.''

Dante's ability to absorb demons into devil arms does not have anything to do with his 'experience'. Dante was always able to absorb demons into devil arms - he did it in DMC3 too, when he didn't have a devil trigger yet (e.g. after fighting Cerberus). So training with his DT has nothing to do with it. Nero also seems to be able to do it, but he absorbs things into his arm. Nero might be able to create weapons out of souls just like Dante... he just didn't get the chance in DMC4 because he didn't kill any bosses that could be converted into weapons.
Dante can restrain his demonic power from affecting his appearance because he's half human. His normal form is his human form, and his demon form is a transformation. We don't know why Nero has a Devil Bringer arm, so there's no use in speculating that it's his 'demonic power manifested'. There has never been any indication that demonic power needs to physically manifest itself in Nero or Dante. So... that's just pure speculation on your part.

As for the question, at the end of DMC4, Nero is probably nowhere near Dante in terms of power. He was so weak to Dante that Dante actually toyed with him... so why would he be equal to him at the end? He did gain the help of Vergil (or his soul, I should say), so his Devil Trigger could be very powerful... but probably not even half as strong as Dante's Devil Trigger. Maybe if his DT were to absorb some powerful stuff, he could become as strong as Dante. We haven't seen him absorb much yet, after all.
Also consider that if Vergil was his father and his mother is human, Nero is only 1/4 demonic. Since humans are pretty much helpless against demons, Nero's base form must be fairly weak.
So no, Nero does not equal Dante in power at any point.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

''In contrast, Dante has trained and tempered his own Devil Trigger to the point where he can absorb the souls of powerful demons and bind them to Devil Arms (Vergil is capable of this ability as well, thanks to fighting demons and being hardened by experience just as long as Dante). He can also restrain his demonic power from drastically affecting his appearance...while Nero is stuck with his demonic power manifested in the form of his Devil Bringer arm.''

Dante's ability to absorb demons into devil arms does not have anything to do with his 'experience'. Dante was always able to absorb demons into devil arms - he did it in DMC3 too, when he didn't have a devil trigger yet (e.g. after fighting Cerberus). So training with his DT has nothing to do with it. Nero also seems to be able to do it, but he absorbs things into his arm. Nero might be able to create weapons out of souls just like Dante... he just didn't get the chance in DMC4 because he didn't kill any bosses that could be converted into weapons.
Dante can restrain his demonic power from affecting his appearance because he's half human. His normal form is his human form, and his demon form is a transformation. We don't know why Nero has a Devil Bringer arm, so there's no use in speculating that it's his 'demonic power manifested'. There has never been any indication that demonic power needs to physically manifest itself in Nero or Dante. So... that's just pure speculation on your part.

As for the question, at the end of DMC4, Nero is probably nowhere near Dante in terms of power. He was so weak to Dante that Dante actually toyed with him... so why would he be equal to him at the end? He did gain the help of Vergil (or his soul, I should say), so his Devil Trigger could be very powerful... but probably not even half as strong as Dante's Devil Trigger. Maybe if his DT were to absorb some powerful stuff, he could become as strong as Dante. We haven't seen him absorb much yet, after all.
Also consider that if Vergil was his father and his mother is human, Nero is only 1/4 demonic. Since humans are pretty much helpless against demons, Nero's base form must be fairly weak.

Where does it state that Nero's mother wasn't a demon or a half demon like Vergil?

From what I've observed about Nero is that he's only able to use Vergil's DT and that his hasn't fully manifested like Dante's did in DMC 3. Yamato is used to give him the option to embrace his demonic heritage.

With that being said, Dante has already fought Vergil/Nero Angelo. Yet, here he is, still showing EXHAUSTION from fighting Nero (2nd time) which could mean, he was SERIOUS (since he DT'd).

It's also a good idea for you guys to understand that Nero used a technique Vergil used against Dante before that DISARMED Dante through pure strength, leaving him vulnerable to attacks. Dante is once again exposed to this threat, but shows that he's learned how to dodge it. If it were new, Dante could've been SCREWED!

You see, I have logical reasons to think whatever I want, whilst you other guys are just assuming you know.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Oh and speaking of proof. What do you have to back up your ASSUMPTIONS that Nero can't match Dante in power?

Go on -sips wine- I'll wait.
Because he actually gets beaten by him without much effort twice and Nero don't grow in-between. Easy. next straw, please.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Because he actually gets beaten by him without much effort twice and Nero don't grow in-between. Easy. next straw, please.
Well, Nero does become more used to his arm, and he absorbs some stuff throughout the game, so he does grow. But not enough to make a huge difference, no.

The Final Offer

Didn't I just mention that Dante was EXHAUSTED fighting Nero the second time?

It's the same exhaustion he had when he fought Vergil and they were on WHAT? EQUAL GROUND!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well, Nero does become more used to his arm, and he absorbs some stuff throughout the game, so he does grow. But not enough to make a huge difference, no.
Dante's fight is right before Nero confronting Sanctus, which led to scene where he was absorbed into savior, which put him out of commission till the end of the game. So he doesn't grow after being beaten by Dante.
Didn't I just mention that Dante was EXHAUSTED fighting Nero the second time?

It's the same exhaustion he had when he fought Vergil and they were on WHAT? EQUAL GROUND!
Yeah, so exhausted, so he proceed to beat entire boss cast right after it and all he did to beat Nero was to dodge one attack, after which Nero fell flat on the floor. Not mentioning he had no trouble to keep Nero on the floor, and that Nero realized he was just toying with him. Which means Dante wasn't even half-serious about fighting him. Sorry, but your desperation gets funny :D

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
he was out of breath , even if your taking it easy sparring someone the workout would leave you sweating and panting , it doesn't mean he was struggling

even nero himself said you look like you were playing me from the beginning meaning dante could beat him at any time and dante only wanted him to calm down

if dante was bloodlusted he would obliterate nero

The Final Offer

Dante's fight is right before Nero confronting Sanctus, which led to scene where he was absorbed into savior, which put him out of commission till the end of the game. So he doesn't grow after being beaten by Dante.

Yeah, so exhausted, so he proceed to beat entire boss cast right after it and all he did to beat Nero was to dodge one attack, after which Nero fell flat on the floor. Not mentioning he had no trouble to keep Nero on the floor, and that Nero realized he was just toying with him. Which means Dante wasn't even half-serious about fighting him. Sorry, but your desperation gets funny :D

It's also a THING that Nero's devil arm had become far more powerful before the END of DMC4. Which is why we're talking about powers in the first place.

So if he caused Dante to become exhausted during that little fight. Imagine what he could do to him after that power up.

Also, Nero wasn't in bloodlust either. He was just ****ed and needed to calm down so, he could PERFORM better against the odds. These two were playing games with one another in the first fight.

Oh and Burial, how'd you forget Nero stopping Burial's sword with ONE ARM, his HUMAN ARM and this is before BEFORE Yamato.

This is not about me thinking differently, no, this is about YOU guys assuming Nero's "POST DMC4 events "power isn't capable of matching Dante's without any FACTS to back up your claim.

Wanna know why you're wrong and I'm more right? Because I didn't STATE for a FACT that it was impossible.

So, I'm literally, leading you all through the process of you being WRONG.

Innsmouth you're more experienced with this process. I thought you would've learned from it or at least saw it coming.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

One definitely has to speculate given how the player has to read between the lines (or cutscenes) to establish any form of fact about DMC lore. Nevertheless, thanks for clearing that up.

WolfOD64

Yes, all the events are done. This is analyzing Nero after the fact. Why are you making such a big deal out of this?

Also OP didn't specify.
at the end of DMC 4 does Nero=Dante in power

How is that not being specific? He said at the end, not after.

I'm much trying to make a big deal out of it so much as I'm trying to make sure the context of the thread is well-understood, and doesn't transcend into something completely off-topic. I just stepped off board the convoluted, topic-confused train-wreck that was the New Vergil or Devil May Cry Vergil thread...I'd rather make it so that confusing nightmare doesn't materialize in another thread I choose to comment on. Don't mean to blow anything out of proportion, dude. Just trying to avoid past catastrophes. :wink:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It's also a THING that Nero's devil arm had become far more powerful before the END of DMC4. Which is why we're talking about powers in the first place.

So if he caused Dante to become exhausted during that little fight. Imagine what he could do to him after that power up.

Also, Nero wasn't in bloodlust either. He was just ****ed and needed to calm down so, he could PERFORM better against the odds. These two were playing games with one another in the first fight.

Oh and Burial, how'd you forget Nero stopping Burial's sword with ONE ARM, his HUMAN ARM and this is before BEFORE Yamato.

This is not about me thinking differently, no, this is about YOU guys assuming Nero's "POST DMC4 events "power isn't capable of matching Dante's without any FACTS to back up your claim.

Wanna know why you're wrong and I'm more right? Because I didn't STATE for a FACT that it was impossible.

So, I'm literally, leading you all through the process of you being WRONG.

Innsmouth you're more experienced with this process. I thought you would've learned from it or at least saw it coming.
And Dante stops Savior with sheer power alone. Something Nero can't done (oh right that scene where Nero can't stop Savior's hand, yet Dante can't withstand direct blow.) Your arguments are your worse foe, because how easily it disproved by game itself. At this point it's clear that you like a child trying to peek a fight, yet it's obvious that you can't win it, since there is nobody who would agree with you, because answer to the topic's question is axiom.
And once again, we talking about end of DMC4. Not some post events that may happen in the future. Stop jumping back and forth before your strawhouse bury you underneath it.

The Final Offer

And Dante stops Savior with sheer power alone. Something Nero can't done (oh right that scene where Nero can't stop Savior's hand, yet Dante can't withstand direct blow.) Your arguments are your worse foe, because how easily it disproved by game itself. At this point it's clear that you like a child trying to peek a fight, yet it's obvious that you can't win it, since there is nobody who would agree with you, because answer to the topic's question is axiom.
And once again, we talking about end of DMC4. Not some post events that may happen in the future. Stop jumping back and forth before your strawhouse bury you underneath it.

Uh huh.

You lost Innsmouth. I don't even have to say much. I'll let the DMC 4 Savior ending cutscene do it for me.

Also, post DMC4 events means AFTER the EVENTS of DMC4. There's no fan fiction or any little stories added. It's Nero RIGHT AFTER the END of DMC4.

I'm sure you know what to call yourself for not knowing what I meant.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Uh huh.

You lost Innsmouth. I don't even have to say much. I'll let the DMC 4 Savior ending cutscene do it for me.

Also, post DMC4 events means AFTER the EVENTS of DMC4. There's no fan fiction or any little stories added. It's Nero RIGHT AFTER the END of DMC4.

I'm sure you know what to call yourself for not knowing what I meant.
you mean THAT corrupted savior, without main core and dying Sanctus merged with it, that barely could move?...so do you even played the game? Or you watched few cutscenes, before your desperate straw-grasping? Because its pretty obvious, that your knowledge on the game is lacking to say the least.
I already said. Don't debate on clear facts. It's not win or loose game, since we're not in kindergarten.

The Final Offer

you mean THAT corrupted savior, without main core and dying Sanctus merged with it, that barely could move?...so do you even played the game? Or you watched few cutscenes, before your desperate straw-grasping? Because its pretty obvious, that your knowledge on the game is lacking to say the least.
I already said. Don't debate on clear facts. It's not win or loose game, since we're not in kindergarten.

This has nothing to do with the Savior's "state" it has to do with Nero's.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
This has nothing to do with the Savior's "state" it has to do with Nero's.
We're talking about power level. Savior was almost at it's end, which explained why Nero so easily stomped him at the end compared to the beginning where he was at this fullest. So playing dodge ball won't help you.
Well I hope you are not meaning this whole debate for real, since it's like you trying to debate on something that game shown us on numerous time and can only be considered fact.

Top Bottom