• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

at the end of DMC 4 does Nero=Dante in power

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
This has nothing to do with the Savior's "state" it has to do with Nero's.
We're talking about power level. Savior was almost at it's end, which explained why Nero so easily stomped him at the end compared to the beginning where he was at this fullest. So playing dodge ball won't help you.
Well I hope you are not meaning this whole debate for real, since it's like you trying to debate on something that game shown us on numerous time and can only be considered fact.
And I imagine Evilpope fusing himself with the Savior made it weaker.

The Final Offer

We're talking about power level. Savior was almost at it's end, which explained why Nero so easily stomped him at the end compared to the beginning where he was at this fullest. So playing dodge ball won't help you.
Well I hope you are not meaning this whole debate for real, since it's like you trying to debate on something that game shown us on numerous time and can only be considered fact.

Wrong again.

It is not a fact and it's not impossible.

The Final Offer

so you finally run out of arguments. I think we should just put an end to this pointless discussion, since there is no point to argue about something game showed already.

You're joking right? The whole point of this thread is because it's OPINION BASED. It's not a fact. How did you lose sight of that?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
You're joking right? The whole point of this thread is because it's OPINION BASED. It's not a fact. How did you lose sight of that?
It's not opinion if it's clearly shown by game itself. You may as well start debating that Dante's coat is green. Won't change a thing. But if you want to be the one who wrote last word, please, be welcome. At this point I think everyone already said what they think on topic's matter so no need to drag pointless debate farther.

The Final Offer

It's not opinion if it's clearly shown by game itself. You may as well start debating that Dante's coat is green. Won't change a thing. But if you want to be the one who wrote last word, please, be welcome. At this point I think everyone already said what they think on topic's matter so no need to drag pointless debate farther.

Enlighten us as to when the game said that Nero isn't as strong as Dante by the end of the game? It is not proven which is why this thread exists and people can weigh in.

DURR.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
How'd you gauge Nero's power in comparison to Dante's?
The only thing about Nero is that he's inexperienced with his power and yet here he could've surpassed Dante IN POWER. He just doesn't know how to use it.

Power is worthless if you don't know how to use it, and besides, remember all the new moves and abilities you can unlock during the game? It is a game mechanic, yes, but it also indicates that they actually learn new moves and abilities as they gain experience.

Does anyone remember in the beginning of DMC 4 where Nero had a random sword and still made it revv like Red Queen? Anyone notice that!?

Already answered, all Order swords have that ability. Red Queen is only unique because Nero modified it to allow it to unleash far stronger flames for a period of time.

Dante's ability to absorb demons into devil arms does not have anything to do with his 'experience'. Dante was always able to absorb demons into devil arms - he did it in DMC3 too, when he didn't have a devil trigger yet (e.g. after fighting Cerberus). So training with his DT has nothing to do with it. Nero also seems to be able to do it, but he absorbs things into his arm. Nero might be able to create weapons out of souls just like Dante... he just didn't get the chance in DMC4 because he didn't kill any bosses that could be converted into weapons.

And in any case, absorbing some artifacts did give him new abilities (Indiana Jones' Crystal Skull > Snatch, Creepy Fruit > ability to kill Creepy Growth; Yamato > Devil Trigger).

but dante keeps growing in power too judging by tje jump in raw power between dmc4 and dmc2 so i reckon nero will always be behind

Precisely, unless there is some upper limit on power. But even so, it comes down to experience, and Dante will always be more experienced. Even if Nero were to (somehow) gain raw power/abilities that outmatch Dante's, it still wouldn't be enough since he doesn't have enough actual experience to use them in the most effective way... kinda like experienced Agressor pilots at the Red Flag used F-5s to obliterate opposition consisting of F-4s, F-14s and F-15s. Better theoretical performance of more modern fighters didn't matter because Agressor pilots were much more experienced.

The Final Offer

Power is worthless if you don't know how to use it, and besides, remember all the new moves and abilities you can unlock during the game? It is a game mechanic, yes, but it also indicates that they actually learn new moves and abilities as they gain experience.

Already answered, all Order swords have that ability. Red Queen is only unique because Nero modified it to allow it to unleash far stronger flames for a period of time.

And in any case, absorbing some artifacts did give him new abilities (Indiana Jones' Crystal Skull > Snatch, Creepy Fruit > ability to kill Creepy Growth; Yamato > Devil Trigger).

Precisely, unless there is some upper limit on power. But even so, it comes down to experience, and Dante will always be more experienced. Even if Nero were to (somehow) gain raw power/abilities that outmatch Dante's, it still wouldn't be enough since he doesn't have enough actual experience to use them in the most effective way... kinda like experienced Agressor pilots at the Red Flag used F-5s to obliterate opposition consisting of F-4s, F-14s and F-15s. Better theoretical performance of more modern fighters didn't matter because Agressor pilots were much more experienced.

So nobody can provide proof that Nero isn't as powerful as Dante. He's just less skilled because of yearly experience. I bet if given the same exact trials and tribulations as Dante, Nero would come out stronger than Dante.

For those derping, I mean if they both were born on the same day and went through the same thing at the same time, I believe that NERO would be on top. Because, you see, when you were playing as him, his Devil arm was upgradable in a cutscene. No devil arms (Ha!) just natural boost in power. Which is another reason to believe that Nero can be on Dante's level after the events of DMC4.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
So nobody can provide proof that Nero isn't as powerful as Dante. He's just less skilled because of yearly experience. I bet if given the same exact trials and tribulations as Dante, Nero would come out stronger than Dante.

Power comes from skill, skill comes from experience. That is where I'm coming from. Nero very probably has as much potential as Dante (especially if you take some theories that Nero is Sparda seriously), but he is not as powerful as Dante because he doesn't have as much experience and is consequently less skilled.

For those derping, I mean if they both were born on the same day and went through the same thing at the same time, I believe that NERO would be on top. Because, you see, when you were playing as him, his Devil arm was upgradable in a cutscene. No devil arms (Ha!) just natural boost in power. Which is another reason to believe that Nero can be on Dante's level after the events of DMC4.

Only problem with that is that Dante is also consistently improving, so unless Nero is improving at faster rate, Dante will always remain better than Nero due to greater experience. Nero probably is at level Dante was when he had about as much experience as Nero, but that's it.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I'm not sure if experience makes much of a difference. What kind of 'skill' do you mean? Skill at wielding a sword? Nero already has a lot of skill there. There are only so many types of demons, and only so many ways to dispatch them. And the bosses are always different, with each game. If DMC4 should be believed with its story that power depends heavily on love, it is possible for Nero to gain more power than Dante. That said, I really dislike DMC4's story, and it doesn't seem right for Dante to be more powerful than Sparda if power depends so strongly on love. I mean, Dante doesn't love anyone romantically, right? So why would he have more power than Sparda?

I like the idea that Nero could become stronger than Dante. We don't know what his arm can help him with, either. Maybe it could actually increase his strength and speed. Or even give him a real Devil Trigger. So I wouldn't say Nero can never be as strong as Dante... it would just take a while.

TonyRedgraveDMC

My 2 cents: Dante's raw power is greater, and even the versatility of Dante's default Styles illustrate that it's all still very raw (so Dante's quick, strong, durable, and is well-equipped to handle firearms) Nero has great potential through utility. While they BOTH are super strong, it's almost like Dante chose super strength & speed as his super powers, while Nero sticks with teleportation and heat vision. In my honest opinion, by the end of DMC4, they are EQUAL in those terms. However, at that time if it was a "Devil Trigger and take turns hitting each other uninterrupted" Dante would last longer.

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
My 2 cents: Dante's raw power is greater, and even the versatility of Dante's default Styles illustrate that it's all still very raw (so Dante's quick, strong, durable, and is well-equipped to handle firearms) Nero has great potential through utility. While they BOTH are super strong, it's almost like Dante chose super strength & speed as his super powers, while Nero sticks with teleportation and heat vision. In my honest opinion, by the end of DMC4, they are EQUAL in those terms. However, at that time if it was a "Devil Trigger and take turns hitting each other uninterrupted" Dante would last longer.
I wouldn't say Dante is better in terms of raw strength. And by raw strength, I mean muscle. Dante even says to Nero that he could be stronger than him or something. So if there was an arm wrestle between the two then Nero would definitely win because of his arm.

TonyRedgraveDMC

I wouldn't say Dante is better in terms of raw strength. And by raw strength, I mean muscle. Dante even says to Nero that he could be stronger than him or something. So if there was an arm wrestle between the two then Nero would definitely win because of his arm.
I am meaning raw power in general, Dante's "power" is pretty much bubbling at the surface as a direct threat, Nero's potential is in his "ability", whether it be his Snatch & Buster, or his Devil Bringer's knack for "Megamanning"

The Final Offer

So. I believe.

Power: Equal
Durability: Dante
Speed: Dante
Experience: Dante
Freshness: Nero
Potential: Nero
Humanity: Nero

TonyRedgraveDMC

Ultimately, imo by the end of the game, Nero & Dante could in fact fight evenly. Just because Dante is more powerful doesn't mean Nero can't even the odds.

Top Bottom