• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

at the end of DMC 4 does Nero=Dante in power

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I'm not sure if experience makes much of a difference.

It does. In swordfighting, or any kind of fighting really, a more experienced and knowledgeable fighter will usually win regardless of potential physical disadvantage, simply because he will have greater knowledge of possible actions/moves, better judgment of when to use which move, better ability to predict how his opponent will react and better ability to adapt to the changing situation.

To get a better idea of what I'm saying, try fighting Dante at Human, and then try fighting him at Human at New Game Plus, where he will have more abilities avaliable. After that, try to fight him at Devil Hunter or Son of Sparda mode, where he will not only have those abilities but will be faster and use them better. Then compare all three. I know it doesn't really compare to the reality, but it should give you an idea (and in reality, you don't have half-demons running around, so...).

What kind of 'skill' do you mean? Skill at wielding a sword? Nero already has a lot of skill there. There are only so many types of demons, and only so many ways to dispatch them. And the bosses are always different, with each game.

See above. And "so many ways" is quite a large number of ways.

If DMC4 should be believed with its story that power depends heavily on love, it is possible for Nero to gain more power than Dante. That said, I really dislike DMC4's story, and it doesn't seem right for Dante to be more powerful than Sparda if power depends so strongly on love. I mean, Dante doesn't love anyone romantically, right? So why would he have more power than Sparda?

There are quite a few types of love, you could say that Dante has love for humanity in general.

I like the idea that Nero could become stronger than Dante. We don't know what his arm can help him with, either. Maybe it could actually increase his strength and speed. Or even give him a real Devil Trigger. So I wouldn't say Nero can never be as strong as Dante... it would just take a while.

He can, but it won't be easy.

TonyRedgraveDMC

We are discussing the difference between Dante & Nero at the END of DMC4, not AFTER. Dante does not possess those things until much later.

Top Bottom