• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Meg

Been running sites for around 6-7 years now i think. Ive met every kind of member good and bad and dealt with every kind of situation pretty much and been involved in funny/awkward/and pretty crazy situations over all the years.
What are some of the other sites besides this one you've been an admin on over the years? :)

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
This is more a technical question regarding the forum and website:

Are there two separate logins required to devilmaycry.org? I'll hit my bookmarked shortcut for DevilMayCry.org and I'll see "login or register" at the top right corner. I'll hit then enter my username and password, and I'll get an "Invalid username" error. If i click on the Forums link first, then login, it works. Is this by deliberate design, or is that an oversight? I tend to hit the first "login" link I see, and since the one that appears on the bookmarked home page always tells me "invalid username/password" everytime I try to login, I figured I would ask and see ih it's just me or whether something is up.

Pleasure

Just the man with the gun.

Are there two separate logins required to devilmaycry.org? I'll hit my bookmarked shortcut for DevilMayCry.org and I'll see "login or register" at the top right corner. I'll hit then enter my username and password, and I'll get an "Invalid username" error. If i click on the Forums link first, then login, it works. Is this by deliberate design, or is that an oversight? I tend to hit the first "login" link I see, and since the one that appears on the bookmarked home page always tells me "invalid username/password" everytime I try to login, I figured I would ask and see ih it's just me or whether something is up.
Yes.

Dark Drakan

Admin
What are some of the other sites besides this one you've been an admin on over the years? :)

Infinity Effect graphics forum, Fable forums, MassEffectx.com, AssassinsCreedx.com, Gears of War forum, Halo Forum.

The login on the homepage is likely to be for news editors if im understanding the one you mean.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
The login on the homepage is likely to be for news editors if im understanding the one you mean.

I bookmarked DevilMayCry.org and it takes me to the homepage for DMC.org. Toward the upper right is a log in or Register link. I click on that out of habit and everytime i try to log in there I get the invalid username error. But when I hit the Forums link on the DMC.org homepage, then log in, it seems to work. Just a little confusing on my part, because the first place I log in is usually the first instance of where-ever I see a log in link. So I was a little lost after I came back the second time and tried to login in again. Some random exploration led me back to the forums.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I bookmarked DevilMayCry.org and it takes me to the homepage for DMC.org. Toward the upper right is a log in or Register link. I click on that out of habit and everytime i try to log in there I get the invalid username error. But when I hit the Forums link on the DMC.org homepage, then log in, it seems to work. Just a little confusing on my part, because the first place I log in is usually the first instance of where-ever I see a log in link. So I was a little lost after I came back the second time and tried to login in again. Some random exploration led me back to the forums.

Yeah the one on the homepage isnt a forum login its a news page login for news editors.

Emerald

has the manliest avatar on the site
Uhm, unless I missed something, what is, like, the limit for a bump? Like, four months? Three? A month? Just wonderin' so I don't mess up

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Uhm, unless I missed something, what is, like, the limit for a bump? Like, four months? Three? A month? Just wonderin' so I don't mess up

Was actually wandering that myself because there are threads here that I thinking of replying to but not sure because of the necro-posting time line really isn't too obvious.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Okay... I think after the next three months I ask it again.

Yeah you can do and i shall do my best to give you an answer. :p

Do you know who Deathstroke: The Terminator is?

Slade Wilson from DC comics?

Depends on what the thread is but as a rule id say 3 months but we are fairly lenient about it. In most cases unless its a long dead thread which has covered pretty much every angle and people bump it with a comment that adds nothing to the thread.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Just curious: none of the photos in the DMC gallery seem to load. I go to DevilMayCry.org>DMC3>Gallery then click on one (or in this case, almost all of them) of the links and a page comes up with a little animated loading circle, but then nothing else. Pressing "Back" takes me back to a page where I can click the link to the image. Hitting "Back" twice takes me back to page with all the links in the DMC3 Gallery. Same thing for the DMC 4 gallery. Not sure if it's me or if anyone else is having that problem too. :|

Dark Drakan

Admin
Just curious: none of the photos in the DMC gallery seem to load. I go to DevilMayCry.org>DMC3>Gallery then click on one (or in this case, almost all of them) of the links and a page comes up with a little animated loading circle, but then nothing else. Pressing "Back" takes me back to a page where I can click the link to the image. Hitting "Back" twice takes me back to page with all the links in the DMC3 Gallery. Same thing for the DMC 4 gallery. Not sure if it's me or if anyone else is having that problem too. :|

Dont know if the gallery has been updated since the forum changeover.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
On a lighter not have you seen League of Extraordinary Gentlemen if not I would advise watching it it is simply amazing

Top Bottom