• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Article : How a haircut changed the path of DmC: Devil May Cry

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Didn't they say that they wanted to release a new Devil May Cry game in 2017?

Not really, it was... a financial report, if I recall right, which had "Devil May Cry series" listed in the 2016 fiscal year, which most likely refers to DMC4SE, as it would belong to that fiscal year or something. There's a thread somewhere about it.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Hmm, if they go for what was planned for DMC4 and later explained in the artbook, DMC will have a a quite gritty story too, very similar to "The Apocalypse of Devilman", where the protagonist has to confront his inner devil and everything he loves and cares is killed/destroyed .
gritty like japanese gritty, or gritty like west gritty? Because something can be gritty and over the top and something can be gritty and down to earth. Devilman was so over the top that you can barely take it serious, even with all its gore.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Well, taking into account what they planned was prior to DmC, the probability was more " Japanese" gritty duo to Kobayashi's presence as director ( we all know how DMC4 turned out to be), but now there is a possibility they go for a western type of gritty, depending of what are their target demographics now.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Even though the fact that it's a secret project could mean that it's an existing ip, it could up being another new IP.

Which wouldn't be a bad thing to me.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well, taking into account what they planned was prior to DmC, the probability was more " Japanese" gritty duo to Kobayashi's presence as director ( we all know how DMC4 turned out to be), but now there is a possibility they go for a western type of gritty, depending of what are their target demographics now.
MEaning they make barely holding up spaghetti western , that got crucified by bothe sides and will led to capcom dropping game under "no demand" excuse :p

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Even though the fact that it's a secret project could mean that it's an existing ip, it could up being another new IP.
I just want a new game that plays like DMC3. It could be a gingerbread ninja reboot for all I care -- as long as it has awesome mechanics, it's fine.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
so...after all these years. will i still get attacked for saying DmC is the fruit salad of my life?
You're entitled to your own opinion, just be prepared to have people disagree with you.

Regardless, I believe this thread has run its course. Perhaps it's time to put it to rest.

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
I would love a Devil May Cry 3 remake, it's the only classic title I've really enjoyed.

Anyways, we won't have to wait long to find out what Capcom's next move will be. Didn't they say that they wanted to release a new Devil May Cry game in 2017? Or did they mean 'announce'? Do you guys think we might hear something about it this year? I certainly hope so.

Not really, it was... a financial report, if I recall right, which had "Devil May Cry series" listed in the 2016 fiscal year, which most likely refers to DMC4SE, as it would belong to that fiscal year or something. There's a thread somewhere about it.
DMC "series" is listed in the "2016 and beyond" part of the pipeline chart. If it was just DMC4SE they are referring to, they would list the title specifically like they do with SFV, MHX, RE:Revelations 2. They also list RE "series" for 2016 and beyond which would pertain to RE0 remaster, RE2 remaster, the newly announced 4,5,6 remasters/ports and RE7 which will probably be announced this year since it's the 20th anniversary.

I would say DMC3 HD Remaster is very likely. Capcom is remaster crazy at this point.

It's on page 22 btw.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/annual/2015/annual_2015_01.pdf

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I would say DMC3 HD Remaster is very likely. Capcom is remaster crazy at this point.
That was my first guess as well. The new 18/19 year-old model for Vergil (in my avi) wasn't made for merely two minutes of cutscenes, I'll tell you that.

Even if I'm wrong, there's a chance that this is the prototype model for either a DMC1, DMC3, or even a DMC2 Remake. DMC5, while likely, isn't as feasible as the three games above for now; Capcom wants more money before moving on.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think I'd prefer a new tale/adventure to a remake but if Capcom brought something to each remake, I'd be interested.

There could be side benefits, like you could always play with Vergil's death scene and set up a return. Or give Trish more background or just fix 2 from scratch. A long shot would them bringing back the light novel and using that as what happened a year before DMC3.

Granted some or none of these things are likely to happen. All we can do is decide what we would support.

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
But that wouldn't make sense as that game already exists in the form of DMC HD Collection.

Unless we're talking about a full fledged remake a la Resident Evil.
That's not on PS4/X1 though.

Capcom is porting RE4,5,6 to PS4/X1 this year. All they seem to be doing for those is enhancing to 1080p 60fps and including all DLC really. Even if they didn't change much from DMC HD, they would still make money off the minimal effort for a next-gen port.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
okay, rahni's secret project won't be a star wars game

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?ne... Third-Person Action Adventure Star Wars Game

Somehow a happening in the Star Wars universe slipped under my radar, but it turns out Titanfall developer Respawn is in fact working on a new Star Wars title. That’s official as well, no rumour mongering, because EA and Respawn have announced it. It’s going to be a third-person action adventure game set in the Star Wars universe.

“I am happy to announce our partnership with Electronic Arts and Lucasfilm to deliver a whole new adventure to the galaxy,” writes Respawn’s Stig Asmussen, project lead on the as-yet-untitled game.

“Developing a game within the ever-expanding Star Wars universe opens up so many paths for us to go down, and an unparalleled playground to design within. We have already planted the seeds by assembling a small, but incredibly talented team, ready for the amazing journey that lies ahead. This is the chance of a lifetime.”

Considering what Respawn has achieved in the online arena with Titanfall, you’d have to hazard a guess it would be looking at a multiplayer angle for its own title. Just what it could be is anyone’s guess, but considering the early stage of development it could be a while until we hear anything further.

Of course it’s not the only Star Wars game in development at EA. Visceral Games, of Dead Space fame, has been working a Star Wars title for a number of years now. The studio is helmed by Uncharted veteran Amy hennig, so it looks as if the two studios could be working on something similar.

it's a DmC sequel then, YESSSSSSS.. i wish

Top Bottom