• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Article : How a haircut changed the path of DmC: Devil May Cry

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Wait, I'm lost. How does Star Wars concern this thread?
NT worked on Disney infinity 3.0 and they credited their Hack n Slash knowledge as what they brought to the table so people thought Disney might be taking the leap to doing more Star Wars games and NT might one company they tap to make it.

So basically a star wars game is what people might think is the secret project mentioned in the article.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
NT worked on Disney infinity 3.0 and they credited their Hack n Slash knowledge as what they brought to the table so people thought Disney might be taking the leap to doing more Star Wars games and NT might one company they tap to make it.

So basically a star wars game is what people might think is the secret project mentioned in the article.

Oh-ho, I see.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
It's funny tho as I wanted a marvel or DC writer/artist team to come in and write DMC / DmC next so them taking a step further and doing a legit Marvel/DC game would be even better.

As for who to pick, there are alot of good choices but I rather have them avoid the overdone ones like batman or spiderman. I dig both those guys but I could use a break
I know High Moon just made the recent Deadpool game, but Deadpool in the hands of Ninja Theory would be ****ing awesome. I really want a Moon Knight game though.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I know High Moon just made the recent Deadpool game, but Deadpool in the hands of Ninja Theory would be ****ing awesome. I really want a Moon Knight game though.

That would certainly be interesting. Deadpool was a fun game due to the script, but the gameplay was nothing special. I'm not sure if NT can pull off writing a script like that, though.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It be funny if this secret project turns out to be nothing we suggest but something out of the box like NT does a new crash bandicoot or a new Virtua Fighter.

Just saying :angel::D

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
That would certainly be interesting. Deadpool was a fun game due to the script, but the gameplay was nothing special. I'm not sure if NT can pull off writing a script like that, though.
I think if they did their homework on Deadpool and were told that this is not a reboot of any kind and to try and stay true to the character, that they could probably pull it off.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
They could handle the fan backlash by pairing NT with one of the writers for whatever character(s) they tackle. For example, most of the beenox Spiderman games were written by the current writer of Spiderman (Dan Slott). NT tends to do better stories with another writer along for the ride anyway.

NT didn't do a good job selling fans on their take or what it brings to the table so they gotta work on that. To be fair, Capcom didn't give them much to work with in the beginning so whoever publishes the game is gonna effect the game's PR.

To me, Capcom didn't have a set PR plan because tgs10 -tgs 11 they felt like they were flying by the seat of their pants. They should push the games debut to captivate 11 or tgs 11 so NT could actually work on the game and put a good first impression (which didn't happen)

Last edited:

Judge

They could handle the fan backlash by pairing NT with one of the writers for whatever character(s) they tackle. For example, most of the beenox Spiderman games were written by the current writer of Spiderman (Dan Slott). NT tends to do better stories with another writer along for the ride anyway.

NT didn't do a good job selling fans on their take or what it brings to the table so they gotta work on that. To be fair, Capcom didn't give them much to work with in the beginning so whoever publishes the game is gonna effect the game's PR.

To me, Capcom didn't have a set PR plan because tgs10 -tgs 11 they felt like they were flying by the seat of their pants. They should push the games debut to captivate 11 or tgs 11 so NT could actually work on the game and put a good first impression (which didn't happen)

Well thats a different situation. Capcom came to NT with the mandate to transform the style to something with a more western appeal, and an update to the exisiting combat engine. NT didn't really have a good idea on what to do and a lot of their designs for Dante looked similar to the previous four iterations of the character. Which we know Capcom didn't want.

With Disney, their giving NT existing westernised comic book characters or Star Wars characters (Disney Ininity), so NT can't really do anything wrong on that front. They already have those characters designed, the story for those characters already exists in hundreds or even thousands of different comics, books, films or whatever medium.

Like we saw with Disney Inifinity. NT just did the combat, the story and the characters were not something they had any control over. Which was a completely different situation from when they worked with Capcom.

Last edited:

corrnata

Somewhat weirdly I would love NT to reboot the force unleashed to the point of radially different the DmC reboot was and have the game tie into star wars rebels.

I think at the end of the day capcom has hopeful learn somethings in regard to DMC and PR so regardless who develops it, i think steps will be taken on the RP side. IMO the next DMC or DmC came will heavily fuse both series.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
IMO the next DMC or DmC game will heavily fuse both series.

yep, i think so too, and that is the most exciting part to see how it turns out..

back to star wars possibility, won't the franchise be too big for NT to handle outside of the combat and the designs? unless ofc they have full support from disney..

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I still think it be funny if we are all wrong and they end up doing something like Crash Bandicoot or Ninja Gaiden.

I'd probably laugh.:cool:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
IMO the next DMC or DmC came will heavily fuse both series.
This will eventually happen: they already inserted some DmC moves and characteristics into DMC4SE, so it's not too far stretched to think DMC team will mix DMC/DmC mythology and methodology.
Funny enough someone warned me about it years ago, so it doesn't matter what game is made(DMC/DmC), their universe will "become" one.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
so it's not too far stretched to think DMC team will mix DMC/DmC mythology and methodology.

I think it is, actually. One thing is to copy-paste a couple of moves because you're running short on money and time, another is to merge the story and mythos of two universes so radically different from one another.

If any DmC/DMC... "hybrid" is gonna happen, it's gonna concern gameplay alone, in no way the story or the universe in general. Unless they come up with the happy idea of a non canon crossover a la Marvel vs DC or something.

Gel

Premium
I think it is, actually. One thing is to copy-paste a couple of moves because you're running short on money and time, another is to merge the story and mythos of two universes so radically different from one another.

If any DmC/DMC... "hybrid" is gonna happen, it's gonna concern gameplay alone, in no way the story or the universe in general. Unless they come up with the happy idea of a non canon crossover a la Marvel vs DC or something.
I really want to be wrong but give them 2 or 3 years and we will see.This is a franchise where looks comes first from story/ universe, none of the characters were planned personality wise before they got their looks; the same way the greatest complaint against DmC is that characters didn't look like the originals anymore.
In terms of mythos, DmC is better established universe wise than DMC, so DmC would resist more to the change.
In the end Capcom cares not about DMC/DmC fanbase, for they still aim to those call of Duty numbers and the demographics it got.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
we will see.

We will, but honestly, I've never given this kind of baseless "catastrophic" foreseeings any credit. There's no way I can see that scenario happening.

none of the characters were planned personality wise before they got their looks

And how would that be a reason to magically give them characteristics of their DmC counterparts, if that's what you fear (even though you were talking about merging the mythos altogether, which is even more unlikely)? You honestly telling me you see a future where Dante gives demons his middle finger throwing "**** you"'s left and right and Vergil develops a passion for head shots?

Whatever the history of how their personalities came to be was, those personalities are now set. I can't see them DmC'ing them just because.

they still aim to those call of Duty numbers

What's that got to do with the matter at hand? And even if it did, I don't think they'd look up to DmC of all things in order to make Call of Duty numbers, Gel.

Gel

Premium
You honestly telling me you see a future where Dante gives demons his middle finger throwing "**** you"'s left and right
This is possible. Creator is god in his works.After all, Nero is supposed to be very much like Dante and he gives the flipping bird too.
Vergil develops a passion for head shots?
This maybe not, but remember OG Vergil already killed an innocent old woman with shotgun too (to be true he hit the lady and set her and her house in fire while she was still living), in a book which was/is still used by Capcom to do DMC stuff. AND we already Vergil doing things we had thought he would never do. He is a basically "stray dog" now and tomorrow he could be the most romantic guy at face of the earth, who knows!
DmC characters personalities are set in stone, DMC characters are quite ...flexible.
I don't think they'd look up to DmC of all things in order to make Call of Duty numbers,
DmC was made to get those numbers, remember?Capcom still wants that result.If they will ever get it, that's another story.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
yep, i think so too, and that is the most exciting part to see how it turns out..

back to star wars possibility, won't the franchise be too big for NT to handle outside of the combat and the designs? unless ofc they have full support from disney..
I agree but I think that Disney's writers will handle the story and Ninja Theory will handle the art style and combat.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
A crossover btw the 2 versions would be cool and doable since the second light novel had this device called the beasts head that allowed Dante to cross into a different reality/timeline etc. So that would be an easy to set it up ( as well as any other crossover they might want to do)

A merger would be messy if not done carefully ( DMC isnt known for that) but allusions or callbacks towards one another could be ok.

@Sparda's Rebellion Well Star Wars has a story group that decides on canon so they'd probably would have feedback and guidance. NT would still be responsible for the story/characters and have some leeway in how it plays out.

I'd imagine Marvel would be similar but they arent as strict about continuity. It probably would be a similar partnership to how Enslaved/Heavenly Sword happened.

@corrnata technically the force unleashed was rendered non-canon by the lucasfilm story group so even if they did bring it back, they might use a different cast/story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom