• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any DmC fans hyped for MGR?

any type of gamer should be allowed to review a game, especially average gamers because THE MAJORITY OF GAMERS ARE NOT "HARDCORE," so excuse them for not liking pretty outdated game design mechanics in a modern game, games shouldn't try to appeal to one niche fanbase

And that's exactly why games suck these days it's because they're trying to incorporate all theses different ideas just to Appeal to whoever. Look where that got Resident Evil. They're talking about rebooting the series now because they've strayed too far from Resident Evil was about. Stray too far from what players loved about a particular series and you're going to make players feel anxious about where their series is heading. Of course to you I guess they're 'anti's' or 'haters' because they don't buy whatever crap developers throw at them.

AlchemistFromEden

And that's exactly why games suck these days it's because they're trying to incorporate all theses different ideas just to Appeal to whoever. Look where that got Resident Evil. They're talking about rebooting the series now because they've strayed too far from Resident Evil was about. Stray too far from what players loved about a particular series and you're going to make players feel anxious about where their series is heading. Of course to you I guess they're 'anti's' or 'haters' because they don't buy whatever crap developers throw at them.
they make games, large amount of people play games, they shouldn't try to appeal to a minority when they have an ambitious story to tell

Agent47_89

What? Games these days are the same as they've always been aside from DLC (and even then there were expansion packs and Special editions).

And how the hell would you know about how far RE strayed, RE2 came out in 1998 you would've been 4 years old and you would've been 11 years old when RE4 came out. Don't tell me you play old games just to say they're better.

What? Games these days are the same as they've always been aside from DLC (and even then there were expansion packs and Special editions).

And how the hell would you know about how far RE strayed, RE2 came out in 1998 you would've been 4 years old and you would've been 11 years old when RE4 came out. Don't tell you play old games just to say they're better.

I'm pretty sure I can tell what's quality and what's not regardless of how old a game is. And yeah, I think most old games are better because they knew what they were going for. Key word 'most' before you take that out of context. I dare you to tell me RE2 and RE6 are exactly the same in terms of atmosphere, horror and puzzle solving. You can't, because one's a survival horror game, the other is a QTE infested Action game.

They also said they wanted the Call of Duty Audience to play Resident Evil 6, yeah, it's the exact same alright.

Agent47_89

I'm pretty sure I can tell what's quality and what's not regardless of how old a game is. And yeah, I think most old games are better because they knew what they were going for. Key word 'most' before you take that out of context. I dare you to tell me RE2 and RE6 are exactly the same in terms of atmosphere, horror and puzzle solving. You can't, because one's a survival horror game, the other is a QTE infested Action game.

They also said they wanted the Call of Duty Audience to play Resident Evil 6, yeah, it's the exact same alright.

No, you can't, it would be like me saying Dizzy the Egg is one the best platformers ever. Only very few games are timeless classics that aren't affected by restrictions of their time like Doom, Tetris, Pacman, etc. Do you understand why I put the dates of RE2 and RE4? It's because the action change happened 8 years ago, a bit too late for you to notice the change and complain. I'm guessing you just pick upon what games forums' think are cool or crap, maybe looking for 'e-cred' (lol). (QTEs were kick-ass in RE4 when it came out).

Don't get me wrong RE2 is a classic but it be would hard for you to appreciate it, in the same way I didn't find the same kick people got from SMB3 in 1988 when I played it on All-stars in 1995.

No, you can't, it would be like me saying Dizzy the Egg is one the best platformers ever. Only very few games are timeless classics that aren't affected by restrictions of their time like Doom, Tetris, Pacman, etc. Do you understand why I put the dates of RE2 and RE4? It's because the action change happened 8 years ago, a bit too late for you to notice the change and complain. I'm guessing you just pick upon what games forums' think are cool or crap, maybe look for 'e-cred' (lol).

Lol, Quit it with that, I don't know what you're trying to gain from tacking that stuff on the end of your posts. Trying to bait me into saying something I shouldn't, maybe? It's not working.

Anyway, Why does Resident Evil of all games need to become Action games? Resident Evil 4 got things right and had a balance, but nope "We want Call of Duty Audience, sorry guys and gals" It doesn't have to be like that, Resident Evil had it's own identity as a survival horror game, now it just blends in with other generic action games. That's not right.

By the way...How do I check in my E-Credit points?

Agent47_89

Lol, Quit it with that, I don't know what you're trying to gain from tacking that stuff on the end of your posts. Trying to bait me into saying something I shouldn't, maybe? It's not working.

Anyway, Why does Resident Evil of all games need to become Action games? Resident Evil 4 got things right and had a balance, but nope "We want Call of Duty Audience, sorry guys and gals" It doesn't have to be like that, Resident Evil had it's own identity as a survival horror game, now it just blends in with other generic action games. That's not right.

By the way...How do I check in my E-Credit points?

RE4 was the end of 'Survival Horror' for the series (whether that's a good thing is debatable) , but apart from limited ammo in the beginning and some set-pieces with the chainsaw guy, it was action through-and-through. RE4 had plenty of QTEs.

I tacked that bit on the end cos your comment reminds of youtube comments on old videogames saying : 'I'm 14yo but I think this is better than modern games'. Games that haven't aged well like, Pitfall, Goldeneye 64 etc.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
RE4 was the end of 'Survival Horror' for the series (whether that's a good thing is debatable) , but apart from limited ammo in the beginning and some set-pieces with the chainsaw guy, it was action through-and-through. RE4 had plenty of QTEs.

I tacked that bit on the end cos your comment reminds of youtube comments on old videogames saying : 'I'm 14yo but I think this is better than modern games'. Games that haven't aged well like, Pitfall, Goldeneye 64 etc.
Sorry, but RE5 was the end of 'Survival Horror'

Yeah, that's pretty insulting because I hide youtube comments for this very reason. But no I'm not like that, Resident Evil can still be survival horror I believe just find a way to make it fresh and stay true to why fans liked the series in the first place, nothing was gained when they said they were pandering to the CoD fanbase.

I even respect DmC for being faitful somewhat to DMC, it knows it's a hack 'n' slash game and it only wanted to appeal to other gamers by being 'accessible' not by changing the whole entire formula to draw in fans from a completely different genre.

Agent47_89

Sorry, but RE5 was the end of 'Survival Horror'
How? RE5 was incredibly similar to RE4 with added co-op and a different setting.

Yeah, that's pretty insulting because I hide youtube comments for this very reason. But no I'm not like that, Resident Evil can still be survival horror I believe just find a way to make it fresh and stay true to why fans liked the series in the first place, nothing was gained when they said they were pandering to the CoD fanbase.

I even respect DmC for being faitful somewhat to DMC, it knows it's a hack 'n' slash game and it only wanted to appeal to other gamers by being 'accessible' not by changing the whole entire formula to draw in fans from a completely different genre.

But you are late with that complaint, it went action 8 years ago. RE1-3 haven't aged that great and its tank controls were technical limitations of the time. If they want to return to survival horror they're going to have to try something new without returning to the clunky controls.

How? RE5 was incredibly to RE4 with added co-op and a different setting.

But you are late with that complaint, it went action 8 years ago. RE1-3 haven't aged that great and its tank controls were technical limitations of the time.

Tank Controls don't make a game scary, it's all about atmosphere, execution and overall presentation. Btw, I played Resident Evil 2 and 3 before I even touched 4, I loved 4, the controls were the same believe it or not it just had more modern day aiming. 5 and 6 are action games and shouldn't even have the Resident Evil name, no one should put up with "Okay, fans we're done with you, you want a scary game? Go play something else, we want people who like action games now!"

That's not really acceptable, they're just using the brand name to sell games.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Tank Controls don't make a game scary, it's all about atmosphere, execution and overall presentation. Btw, I played Resident Evil 2 and 3 before I even touched 4, I loved 4, the controls were the same believe it or not it just had more modern day aiming. 5 and 6 are action games and shouldn't even have the Resident Evil name, no one should put up with "Okay, fans we're done with you, you want a scary game? Go play something else, we want people who like action games now!"
Also, RE: Revelations was pretty awesome in my opinion.

Top Bottom