• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I love dbgt, I hope they add more character from gt, I really hope they add gt vegeta, I wanted him playble for my entire life but never had it in any game, I know that he is playable in dragon ball infinite world but I never had the chance to play it...

GT Vegeta is playable in Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission if I am not mistaken. (With SS1 form as well) also DBZ BT3 has Baby Vegeta in his basic, more Vegeta looking form if that counts. Rumor has it that Jamenba is the next character comubg to the roster. Don't know how true it is.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
GT Vegeta is playable in Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission if I am not mistaken. (With SS1 form as well) also DBZ BT3 has Baby Vegeta in his basic, more Vegeta looking form if that counts. Rumor has it that Jamenba is the next character comubg to the roster. Don't know how true it is.
Yeah I played BT3 for many years I loved baby vegeta but I would have liked to have the normal Vegeta gt than trasforma him in Super sayan and than in Super sayan 4... Unfortunately I don't really like super dragon ball heroes because you cannot move for what I see you can only make moves... Yeah rumor say Tha janemba is the next character

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
@Vergil @Sparda's rejected son same as I wished DBFZ had more GT reps like Super 17, Bebi, Omega, and SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta plus Gogeta.
you can say I am insane but I really love dragon ball gt and the character design, I hope they add new gt character sooner or later... Also one thing I would like in dragon ball fighter z is the character ability to transform themeself by pressing a button like budoki tenkaichi 3, and not just staring in their base form and have them transform during special move

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Vergil @Sparda's rejected son same as I wished DBFZ had more GT reps like Super 17, Bebi, Omega, and SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta plus Gogeta.

Baby Vegeta, General Rildo, and Majuub would fit into FIghterZs quite well thanks to their unique fighting styles. I also think Mercenary Tao, General Blue and Arale would bring crazy gameplay styles to FighterZs too.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I'm getting the feeling it may be an open world game.

Im sure I heard it was more of an open world RPG style (the style I have been wanting for years). I have learned to be skeptical about DBZ games over the years however so I will wait for release to see if its actually any good.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Gameplay released.

I'm pretty sold for the most part, I'm mostly interested in just how far the story is going to stretch, if it stops at the cell saga like so many other games have done it would knock this game down a coupe of pegs in my book, I at least want to reach the end of DBZ (aka Buu saga) and ideally reach Super and GT but I realize a openworld game stretching that far may be asking to much.

DarkSlayerVergil

Gameplay released.

I'm pretty sold for the most part, I'm mostly interested in just how far the story is going to stretch, if it stops at the cell saga like so many other games have done it would knock this game down a coupe of pegs in my book, I at least want to reach the end of DBZ (aka Buu saga) and ideally reach Super and GT but I realize a openworld game stretching that far may be asking to much.
DBS & DBGT dlc? I know I'll pay for GT, Super can wait though honeslty.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I know I'm late on this, but I finally got around to watching DBS: Broly. It was... ok. There were definitely a few things that bugged me big time but at least it was entertaining to watch, especially the fight.

And then, I went back to watch The Legendary Super Saiyan. Bro, as a kid I remember actually liking that movie. Rewatching it now, holy maccheroni is it G A R B A G E. If the DBS movie had a few things that I really didn't like, this one was FULL of them. Not even the fighting is cool to watch, it's mostly just your typical Ki blast-filled fiesta. And not even a hype Ki blast fiesta, just Broly tossing his little green balls around.

Anyone else went back to watching the first Broly flick after the DBS one? I also remember Bio Broly to be utter poop but actually liking the second movie, as vague as my memory of it is. Now I'm curious to rewatch that as well but afraid to have another childhood memory ruined. LOL

DarkSlayerVergil

I know I'm late on this, but I finally got around to watching DBS: Broly. It was... ok. There were definitely a few things that bugged me big time but at least it was entertaining to watch, especially the fight.

And then, I went back to watch The Legendary Super Saiyan. Bro, as a kid I remember actually liking that movie. Rewatching it now, holy maccheroni is it G A R B A G E. If the DBS movie had a few things that I really didn't like, this one was FULL of them. Not even the fighting is cool to watch, it's mostly just your typical Ki blast-filled fiesta. And not even a hype Ki blast fiesta, just Broly tossing his little green balls around.

Anyone else went back to watching the first Broly flick after the DBS one? I also remember Bio Broly to be utter poop but actually liking the second movie, as vague as my memory of it is. Now I'm curious to rewatch that as well but afraid to have another childhood memory ruined. LOL
I went back and watched the original after watching the new one. The original still takes a big steamy turd on this new one which might as well be a different movie separate from the original. All the things people conplained about in relation to the original are very much true for this reboot.

OG Broly does nothing but says Kakkarot all =/= Nu Broly does nothing but scream the entire movie like a petulant child. OG Broly backstory makes no sense =/= Nu Broly backstory unequivocally makes Nu Paragus look like a retard at least OG Broly and Paragus at least worked as paralell towards Goku and Bardock pre-minus trash retcon. Honestly I do not see the appeal at all of DBS Broly and might as well be better off as that Yamoshi fan-theory that people were talking about.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The original still takes a big steamy turd on this new one

There's no way. The new one has its fair share of problems (Frieza being an actual joke, barely any plot, little inconsistencies here and there, retcon of Goku's origin into a blatant Superman complete rip-off) but at the very least Broly is a smidgeon more relatable, and the action is quite the visual treat.

The OG movie didn't even have that, on top of its own cacca. The stupidity of Broly's backstory (and not only for the reason everyone always talks about... cause I'm sorry, but LOL at Paragus being able to overpower Broly to put the mind controlling tiara on him) has already been talked about to death, but that's far from the only problem. Vegeta acts completely out of character with that silly mental breakdown he has, the in-your-face, utter cringe Roshi comedy even in moments you're supposed to take seriously, boring looking fights which consists of Ki shot tossing or Broly dragging somebody into a wall for a good 90% of the time, and the complete, absolute ass-pull to defeat him. Like, 3 Super Saiyans at once weren't able to do a single thing to him, same when Piccolo and Vegeta joined the battle, now you're telling me that the four of them, in a visibly trashed state, suddenly have enough combined strength to give to Goku (which was also battered af) for him to oneshot Broly? Get the frick out of here, movie. I mean sure, it's Goku, the king of asspulls, but even for his standards that was bull. At the very least Broly's defeat in DBS made more sense, cause it was motherfudging SSB Gogeta to give him the business.

It may have its issues, but DBS: Broly is at least entertaining to watch and it's not a complete trainwreck with next to no redeeming qualities like the original. I say "next" to none cause admittedly DBZ Broly's design is pretty awesome. Regal looking, kinda. I do prefer that to the new one.

Last edited:

DarkSlayerVergil

There's no way. The new one has its fair share of problems (Frieza being an actual joke, barely any plot, little inconsistencies here and there, retcon of Goku's origin into a blatant Superman complete rip-off) but at the very least Broly is a smidgeon more relatable, and the action is quite the visual treat.
Ironically Frieza been a joke to me since he came back as purple and golden blow pop. Also I find nothing relatable about this new Broly at all since he barely goes through anything and stays basically the same from start to end. I find the part about the action and fights funny since I feel like thier more akin to Bay-plosion where crap becomes hard to follow.

The OG movie didn't even have that, on top of its own cacca. The stupidity of Broly's backstory (and not only for the reason everyone always talks about... cause I'm sorry, but LOL at Paragus being able to overpower Broly to put the mind controlling tiara on him) has already been talked about to death, but that's far from the only problem. Vegeta acts completely out of character with that silly mental breakdown he has, the in-your-face, utter cringe Roshi comedy even in moments you're supposed to take seriously, boring looking fights which consists of Ki shot tossing or Broly dragging somebody into a wall for a good 90% of the time, and the complete, absolute ass-pull to defeat him. Like, 3 Super Saiyans at once weren't able to do a single thing to him, same when Piccolo and Vegeta joined the battle, now you're telling me that the four of them, in a visibly trashed state, suddenly have enough combined strength to give to Goku (which was also battered af) for him to oneshot Broly? Get the frick out of here, movie. I mean sure, it's Goku, the king of asspulls, but even for his standards that was bull. At the very least Broly's defeat in DBS made more sense, cause it was motherfudging SSB Gogeta to give him the business.
Vegeta acting that way makes total sense when you rememeber that he's the only one that cares about there saiyan history since he was raised into it for majority of his life unlike Goku, Gohan, and Trunks who all had earthly upbringings. Yes lol at Paragus over powering a Broly that was sleeping and vaguely unaware of his presence which going by supers logic (which is pretty bad) this falls in line with what super has already presented us (character needing to be aware of an attack to tank it) compared to kid Goku eating bullets from a mildly irritated bulma and coming off fine. Now compare this to Adult Goku who can destroy planets but still can be hurts by bullets. Roshi being himself is always cringey and even then that doesn't amount to the cringe that erupts when Frieza(the guy who was basically a Space overlord) feels insecure about his height. I'll give you Broly losing to characters he was previously thrashing.

It may have its issues, but DBS:
Broly is at least entertaining to watch and it's not a complete trainwreck with next to no redeeming qualities like the original. I say "next" to none cause admittedly DBZ Broly's design is pretty awesome. Regal looking, kinda. I do prefer that to the new one.
I'd say the original has many redeeming qualities that's simply over-looked due to fandom group think. I also agree that OG Broly design is way cooler than Nu Broly who honestly looks some wierd deviantart fan fusion of Tarzan and Hulk.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ironically Frieza been a joke to me since he came back as purple and golden blow pop.

Same. The dude was barely SSJ level when he died, and then he manages to match God Ki level of power by just training for four months? Yeah, right. And then DBS: Broly comes along, where he wants to collect the Dragon Balls to become slightly taller (what in the actual...) and where he serves as the comic relief when he's alone vs Broly.

Similarly to Vegeta in the OG Broly movie, he's so out of character here. At first you'd think that murdering Paragus in cold blood is pretty Frieza-like, but he does so to trigger a Super Saiyan transformation. Bullshit, he'd never do that on purpose. Even if the Saiyan in question was doing his interests.

Also I find nothing relatable about this new Brol

Not saying it's some masterpiece cause it's not but at the very least he's got something more to him than just wanting to destroy anything in his sight. He's got a sense of justice and unlike the old Broly, while sharing the same trait of being puppet to his father, the new one at least has this dichotomy of the borderline blind obedience to Paragus and his own moral sense which makes him endearing to watch act even outside of just fighting. Nothing special, again, but already a step above what was previously just DB' Hulk, but without the Bruce Banner.

I find the part about the action and fights funny since I feel like thier more akin to Bay-plosion where crap becomes hard to follow.

Didn't find it hard to follow at all. It's crisp as heck with the animation quality to support the choreography. And Michael Bay-esque spectacle is still better than no spectacle. Watching the old movie, I was wishing it'd end quickly with how tired I was of seeing big muscle man tossing Ki peas at people. What a waste of a cool loking character design.

Vegeta acting that way makes total sense when you rememeber that he's the only one that cares about there saiyan history since he was raised into it for majority of his life unlike Goku, Gohan, and Trunks who all had earthly upbringings.

It really doesn't. Not only he wasn't nearly as broken when he thought Goku was the legendary Super Saiyan back on Namek, but he himself attained and surpassed the SSJ form by that time (through SSJ 2nd grade, or Super Vegeta, or whatever you wanna call it). And last but not least, it's Vegeta we're talking about. It's not like him to sit still while the "low level Saiyan" Goku gives his all, even IF the enemy is that powerful. The movie itself remembers this and makes him spell it out loud, which finally prompts him into action, only to then make him fall back into silly depression and apathy at the first knockdown he gets. And then of course they remember about his pride again at the end to have him refuse to give his energy to Goku for the sake of building some fake tension for the final ass-pull.

Also, this whole Vegeta turning into a... vegetable thing goes against the very premise of this plot. Paragus asks Vegeta to eliminate the legendary Super Saiyan straight up. Vegeta knew he was going up against that from the beginning.

Yes lol at Paragus over powering a Broly that was sleeping and vaguely unaware of his presence

He wasn't. He woke up and was well aware of his presence, he even called him out and was seen struggling as Paragus was trying to put the thing on him.

I'd say the original has many redeeming qualities that's simply over-looked due to fandom group think.

Well that doesn't apply to me. I only watched the movie twice in my whole life, once as a kid and once now. And I had good memories of it so if anything, I should have been forgiving because of nostalgia. But no, I was actually blown away by how bad it was in almost every single aspect. Imo, the only really good things it's got going on for itself are Broly's design and some of the atmosphere permeating the whole thing at times (man, the more I talk about this movie the more it sounds like the DMC2 of DB). But that's not nearly enough to save it.

DBS: Broly could have been just as bad (it IS just as bad narratively, imo), if it didn't have its saving graces in a slightly better iteration of the titular character, and vastly more entertaining action.

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think both Broly movies have their good and their bad. The original movie is a product of its time and introduced a hugely popular character. The Super version is just a new take on that popular character. Broly is going to sell tickets no matter what.
Super Broly has cute moments while classic Broly is just evil and that is cool.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Yeah, both Brolys have their strengths and weaknesses. Kinda miss Movie 8 Broly, though. "Handicap? Is that another word for coffin?"
Maybe they could have reconciled the two somehow. Quiet DBS Broly with actual dialogue in his normal form, turns into a massive trash-talker when ****ed instead of all coherent dialogue ceasing the minute the fight starts.

Anyway, does anyone watch Torrin Sol's Dragonball fan animations on Youtube?

DarkSlayerVergil

Same. The dude was barely SSJ level when he died, and then he manages to match God Ki level of power by just training for four months? Yeah, right. And then DBS: Broly comes along, where he wants to collect the Dragon Balls to become slightly taller (what in the actual...) and where he serves as the comic relief when he's alone vs Broly.
Yeah many fans believe Super improved Frieza character wise when in actuality it just shows how shallow super is creatively.

Similarly to Vegeta in the OG Broly movie, he's so out of character here. At first you'd think that murdering Paragus in cold blood is pretty Frieza-like, but he does so to trigger a Super Saiyan transformation. Bullshit, he'd never do that on purpose. Even if the Saiyan in question was doing his interests.
Also speaking of Paragus Broly shows no reaction or past mourning for his now deceased after his bout with Gogeta.

Not saying it's some masterpiece cause it's not but at the very least he's got something more to him than just wanting to destroy anything in his sight. He's got a sense of justice and unlike the old Broly, while sharing the same trait of being puppet to his father, the new one at least has this dichotomy of the borderline blind obedience to Paragus and his own moral sense which makes him endearing to watch act even outside of just fighting. Nothing special, again, but already a step above what was previously just DB' Hulk, but without the Bruce Banner.
Character don't need a sense of justice to be interesting and the fact that you and many other people compare OG Broly to the hulk already shows a huge misunderstanding of said character. Especially since Nu Broly shares more similarities with hulk (powerful monster that wants to be left along). OG Broly is reminiscent of DC Doomsday(both were characters who suffered abuse against a father they'd eventually murder plus both have hate boners for supes/goku and both are known for recking the Z-fighter/justice league).

Didn't find it hard to follow at all. It's crisp as heck with the animation quality to support the choreography. And Michael Bay-esque spectacle is still better than no spectacle. Watching the old movie, I was wishing it'd end quickly with how tired I was of seeing big muscle man tossing Ki peas at people. What a waste of a cool loking character design.
Actually I liked the creative way of portraying Brolys power by having him chuck baseball sized ki blast only for them to expand to the size of small towns. Add on the green environmental effect that reminds me of the bfg10 on mars core in eternal and I'm amazed.

It really doesn't. Not only he wasn't nearly as broken when he thought Goku was the legendary Super Saiyan back on Namek, but he himself attained and surpassed the SSJ form by that time (through SSJ 2nd grade, or Super Vegeta, or whatever you wanna call it). And last but not least, it's Vegeta we're talking about. It's not like him to sit still while the "low level Saiyan" Goku gives his all, even IF the enemy is that powerful. The movie itself remembers this and makes him spell it out loud, which finally prompts him into action, only to then make him fall back into silly depression and apathy at the first knockdown he gets. And then of course they remember about his pride again at the end to have him refuse to give his energy to Goku for the sake of building some fake tension for the final ass-pull.

Also, this whole Vegeta turning into a... vegetable thing goes against the very premise of this plot. Paragus asks Vegeta to eliminate the legendary Super Saiyan straight up. Vegeta knew he was going up against that from the beginning.
Goku was a kind hearted fool to Vegeta, he had no reason to fear Goku compared to say the literal freak of nature who skin cracks and explodes open to reveal a green haired hulking monster and not the regular everyday super saiyan that they were use to.

Well that doesn't apply to me. I only watched the movie twice in my whole life, once as a kid and once now. And I had good memories of it so if anything, I should have been forgiving because of nostalgia. But no, I was actually blown away by how bad it was in almost every single aspect. Imo, the only really good things it's got going on for itself are Broly's design and some of the atmosphere permeating the whole thing at times (man, the more I talk about this movie the more it sounds like the DMC2 of DB). But that's not nearly enough to save it.

DBS: Broly could have been just as bad (it IS just as bad narratively, imo), if it didn't have its saving graces in a slightly better iteration of the titular character, and vastly more entertaining action.
I wouldn't say Nu Broly is better at all since character there's nothing he can do to push him foward. He's the 3rd strongest character in that verse so training to get stronger is moot. He has no beef with Goku to squash so he can't develop from that. He's not a villain so he can't join Goku villain harem as a form of development. Compared to OG Broly who actually has a lot of room to develope character wise.

He can squash his hatred of Goku and learn to live his own. He can ponder what a life outside of being his fathers killing machine would be like. He can train to master and perfect his legendary form so it wont have the drawback of killing him while he uses it. He can also use his vindictive nature against enemies and be more akin to Alucard from hellsing. Where he'll be a monster who so happen to be working with the good guys.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Top Bottom