• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A child of many names...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ana

they name because he shares the same name as the original main character and cellar because he was in a prison in tgs 2010 which like being in a cellar is capture.

Wait, are you serious, or just making it up? Because if that's true... I expected better of you, Japan.

Railazel

That kinda sounds like a good thing...?

Anyway, I think the feeling of consistency in DMC is false.

AMEN.

My point is: there is no such thing as continuity in the franchise. No game felt like the one before. The only constant is the main character's look, for everything else is a victim of profit.

There is, actually.

• The core of Dante's personality, keeping his cool in dangerous situations, has always been intact throughout the series as well as his basic appearance and personal arsenal.
  • Then there's the fact that Sparda has always been the cause of practically everything that goes on in the games and that the major motivation for all the major protagonists, except Mundus, was to gain power.
  • All the games have included the unsealing of demons, which is basically the core of everything that happens in each game.
  • No matter what happens, Dante's the one that fixes everything. In DMC4's case, Nero ended everything, but it was Dante who had did the major job of destroying the Hell Gates as well as helping Nero out in his time of need.
  • In all the games, except DMC4, there has always been a woman who Dante fights and ultimately ends up working with, basically DMC's equivalent to a "Bond Girl."
There's a few more I can list but I don't think I can type that much.

So, what makes DmC feel different to me?

• Even though DmC Dante still keeps his cool, his appearance and the design of his personal weapons are different so it feels like this Dante is just merely like the old one, making it feel like he doesn't exactly need to have the same name.
  • Sparda's not the cause of what's going on in Limbo City, meaning that the very origin of DMC is gone.
  • Limbo is ran by demons, so there's no sealing or unsealing to be done, meaning that Sparda never sealed the demons for anybody to unseal them and thus Dante can't clean up what his father left behind, the only thing that gave his objective substance.
  • As stated above, Dante's objective has changed and, thus, his motivations have changed as well.
Basically, the motifs that had shaped the original franchise have either been gotten rid of or changed in the reboot.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I call Dante my stud muffin.

Personally, I just call them new Dante and original Dante, because that is basically what they are. Some say DmC Dante and DMC Dante which also clearly shows who is who.

Oh, and I use those versions too, although Dante is Dante to me.

ZeroLove

I think we can just call him DanteX just like megamanX its less awkward and childish don't ya think ?

That even sounds cool. :p
However, Megaman X was an upgraded version of the original Megaman. I don't think any of the haters would remotely accept the new Dante as such comparison. XD

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
However, Megaman X was an upgraded version of the original Megaman. I don't think any of the haters would remotely accept the new Dante as such comparison. XD

megaman has many many alternate versions of original megaman don't confuse him with RED zero we can call it something like dante0 or maybe just an alternate universe in which dante is completely different from him but not realted to Real dante in anyway just like yin-yang one side is bad and other side is good
59834-Mega%20Man%2020ths.jpg

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Because you find it convenient that DmC Dante could be a "upgrade" it makes everyone else haters if they don't like that kind of comparison?

I really don't get DmC supporters. Tameem and tons of people who support DmC keeps repeating "Look at it as a new IP", and it is pretty much a new IP recycling ideas from DMC.
But despite the character is not same as Dante from DMC i keep getting the impression you and other DmC supporters want people to believe the Ninja theory Dante is DMC Dante.

If your gonna overlook the difference that DmC Dante and DMC Dante has then you could do the same with Nero. You can overlook the name of Nero, and say "This is Dante". In a reboot sense you could say DmC Dante is DMC Dante, but then again a drag queen character with guns, sword and demon powers can also be Dante in that way of thinking.

ZeroLove

Because you find it convenient that DmC Dante could be a "upgrade" it makes everyone else haters if they don't like that kind of comparison?

I really don't get DmC supporters. Tameem and tons of people who support DmC keeps repeating "Look at it as a new IP", and it is pretty much a new IP recycling ideas from DMC.
But despite the character is not same as Dante from DMC i keep getting the impression you and other DmC supporters want people to believe the Ninja theory Dante is DMC Dante.

If your gonna overlook the difference that DmC Dante and DMC Dante has then you could do the same with Nero. You can overlook the name of Nero, and say "This is Dante". In a reboot sense you could say DmC Dante is DMC Dante, but then again a drag queen character with guns, sword and demon powers can also be Dante in that way of thinking.

You really misunderstood my post and turned it into something personal. Please don't do that.
No, I don't think the new Dante is an upgraded version of the original Dante. I was simply informing Donte what Megaman X is to the original Megaman to show him that it is not the same with new Dante and original Dante.

However, you did prove my point about how haters would react. ;)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
There is, actually.

• The core of Dante's personality, keeping his cool in dangerous situations, has always been intact throughout the series as well as his basic appearance and personal arsenal.
  • Then there's the fact that Sparda has always been the cause of practically everything that goes on in the games and that the major motivation for all the major protagonists, except Mundus, was to gain power.
  • All the games have included the unsealing of demons, which is basically the core of everything that happens in each game.
  • No matter what happens, Dante's the one that fixes everything. In DMC4's case, Nero ended everything, but it was Dante who had did the major job of destroying the Hell Gates as well as helping Nero out in his time of need.
  • In all the games, except DMC4, there has always been a woman who Dante fights and ultimately ends up working with, basically DMC's equivalent to a "Bond Girl."
There's a few more I can list but I don't think I can type that much.

So, what makes DmC feel different to me?

• Even though DmC Dante still keeps his cool, his appearance and the design of his personal weapons are different so it feels like this Dante is just merely like the old one, making it feel like he doesn't exactly need to have the same name.
  • Sparda's not the cause of what's going on in Limbo City, meaning that the very origin of DMC is gone.
  • Limbo is ran by demons, so there's no sealing or unsealing to be done, meaning that Sparda never sealed the demons for anybody to unseal them and thus Dante can't clean up what his father left behind, the only thing that gave his objective substance.
  • As stated above, Dante's objective has changed and, thus, his motivations have changed as well.
Basically, the motifs that had shaped the original franchise have either been gotten rid of or changed in the reboot.

Well I think you meant antagonists instead of protagonists.

Well Mundus's action were to gain political power because by killing Sparda, he was killing a symbol of hope in the demon world. I'm sure there were other demons who wanted to fight against Mundus and Sparda would inspire them to act. Killing him puts down the threat of rebellion or upsurper for a while.

On your second list, points 2,3,4 are assumptions and not proven to be true.

Plus sparda's history could still happen. He could still die or be out of the picture enough for demons to decide to take advantage of it. They decide to take over the human world using stealthier means hence Limbo's control over its populace.

Limbo could have been built on some demon's sealing site and after Sparda's dissapearance, some dude breaks the seal and Malice takes over. Think of what happened in 3. Either way Dante came to kick said guy's ass and reseal Malice.

Dante's primary objective was revenge on part of his mother so there is no reason to change that.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
You really misunderstood my post and turned it into something personal. Please don't do that.
No, I don't think the new Dante is an upgraded version of the original Dante. I was simply informing Donte what Megaman X is to the original Megaman to show him that it is not the same with new Dante and original Dante.

However, you did prove my point about how haters would react. ;)
You wren't simply informing of Megaman. And stop that personal crap line of yours, it's getting tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom