• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"6 Reasons Ninja Theory Will Revitalise Devil May Cry" - IGN

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
i remember back then when dmc was interesting.....that was six years ago. so to me....dmc franchise was already dead by 2006. dmc 4 screw things up....and out of desperation....a reboot is made to bring new fans to the new dmc franchise.
ign just wants ppl to buy the game. so buy it when it comes out.
Strange... I always found DMC4 to be amusing... am I the only one to think so?

HateU

Le bystander
dmc 4 dante sucked.
thank god they didn't put that version into marvel vs capcom 3.
trish did not deserve to be in there either. she sucked too. never liked her.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
dmc 4 dante sucked.
thank god they didn't put that version into marvel vs capcom 3.
trish did not deserve to be in there either. she sucked too. never liked her.
Right.... I guess that answers my question then...

Ana

DMC4 was the one I played first, so I have a deep fondness for it, Nero especially. 4Dante is kinda meh, but I still like him and his silly stubble.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Did too. I went through the other games too, just 4 was the first one for me, so I'm very fond of it. Honestly, I'm not going to act all ashamed of this.

then you clearly now by now that DMC 4 dante is "out of logic character"

Ana

then you clearly now by now that DMC 4 dante is "out of logic character"
Yeah... DMC1 Dante is really my favorite, but no matter how the fans rage, there's no getting away from the DMC4 portrayal. It won't disappear just because we don't like it.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
It'll be a glorious rebirth, right? Combining compelling storytelling with fast-paced, innovative gameplay, it will be a great new collaboration of NT and Capcom, etc., etc.
The DMC series had that already. The only lose plot was Nero. Its a hard to give a valid reason.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It'll be a glorious rebirth, right? Combining compelling storytelling with fast-paced, innovative gameplay, it will be a great new collaboration of NT and Capcom, etc., etc.

innovative gameplay ??? all i can see they're doing is meshing nero's DB,redqueen and dante's rebellion's moves and making the gameplay all slo-mo zooming and air combat which sucks

fast-paced ?? better example would be DMC3

compelling storytelling ?? geez you're NT fan no doubt

NT and Capcom XD YUCK WORST combination considering the $hitty mediocre games they've made they have no rights to touch a top-notch game like DMC and they can make the story,art direction
BUT the whole game ??? NO hell no !
I like slant six to be with Capcom but NT is flop why not platinum games ??

Ana

innovative gameplay ??? all i can see they're doing is meshing nero's DB,redqueen and dante's rebellion's moves and making the gameplay all slo-mo zooming and air combat which sucked

fast-paced ?? better example would be DMC3

compelling storytelling ?? geez you're NT fan no doubt

NT and Capcom XD YUCK WORST combination considering the $hitty mediocre games they've made they have no rights to touch a top-notch game like DMC and they can make the story,art direction
BUT the whole game ??? NO hell no !
I like slant six to be with Capcom but NT is flop why not platinum games ??

.... You know, communicating over the internet is hard. I always thought I was pretty good at communicating subtext through subtler hints, but you guys are really making thing that I need to work harder at making myself understood.

I never said I believed any of that. I was just conveying my opinion of what NT and Capcom have been saying in interviews and articles and such. I've never played an NT game and would most likely not be too fond of one.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

I never said I believed any of that. I was just conveying my opinion of what NT and Capcom have been saying in interviews and articles and such. I've never played an NT game and would most likely not be too fond of one.

You didn't need to say what NT&Capcom has said it just makes you look like a NT fan

Ana

You didn't need to say what NT&Capcom has said it just makes you look like a NT fan
The question was, "Has anyone offered a real reason as to why and how DmC will help the series?" So the view offered by the magazines and such is perfectly reasonable.

And there's nothing wrong with being a fan of NT. I hear their games are quite good on several levels (though perhaps not gameplay).

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The question was, "Has anyone offered a real reason as to why and how DmC will help the series?" So the view offered by the magazines and such is perfectly reasonable.

And there's nothing wrong with being a fan of NT. I hear their games are quite good on several levels (though perhaps not gameplay).

its wrong because NT fans can be biased at times and btw i don't really believe what Capcom says they always are unpredictable

Ana

its wrong because NT fans can be biased at times and btw i don't really believe what Capcom says they always are unpredictable

Everyone has their biases. It's only natural. NT fans would be biased toward NT and willing to give a lot more slack, in terms of waiting to see how DmC is. You're biased against DmC, so you're impatient about anyone who supports it. That's how it goes.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Everyone has their biases. It's only natural. NT fans would be biased toward NT and willing to give a lot more slack, in terms of waiting to see how DmC is. You're biased against DmC, so you're impatient about anyone who supports it. That's how it goes.

No i am not impatient on anyone supporting it i am only impatient against who just bash the old series just to prove DmC is superior

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

DMC4 was a good game sure it didn't have a good story, the time spent with Dante wasnt enough and in the last second had a lot of it's content removed which later capcom didn't even release as a DLC but other than that it had an amazing design for Dante plus a new Protagonist (that has good combat mechanics) and a terrific gameplay from which the combat shines the most and even today it still sits at the top and is known as the best in the series.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
No i am not impatient on anyone supporting it i am only impatient against who just bash the old series just to prove DmC is superior
Not so much bashing the old series as welcoming the aspects of the Reboot that will do the series good.
Like a story. I'm sorry if I've said this too often, but DMC4 was proof that Capcom didn't know what to do with the franchise story-wise.
Anyway, the main thing this new installment will do is make it more accessible to people who weren't necessarily fans of the hack-and-slash genre. Case in point?
I got DMC3 and Bayonetta only after researching this game so much. And with Darksiders II and Asura's Wrath coming out this year, I'm a hack-and-slash fan once again.

Top Bottom