• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"6 Reasons Ninja Theory Will Revitalise Devil May Cry" - IGN

Dante47

@Donte
I suppose, but don't get to worked up about it. As I said, IGN are notorious trolls and full of bad information.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
lol? I find Gamespot nr 1.
gamespot would've been if there wasn't this :-
brokenreviewlink1.png

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
what tameem is saying is that there are walls that block your path, (as shown above in dmc3 and dmc4) and now there is a reason for these walls to block your path.
shouldn't walls be blocking your path because they are ... well walls that is what walls are made to do

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
shouldn't walls be blocking your path because they are ... well walls that is what walls are made to do
exactly. cooldemon was making it sound like walls and the blocking doors in devil may cry are two different things.

EDIT: Cooldemon later concluded that both of it is aura/spiderweb of a wall.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
exactly. cooldemon was making it sound like walls and the blocking doors in devil may cry are two different things.
Cooldemon later concluded that both of it is aura/spiderweb of a wall.

But i guess you like only comments made by people who aren't against your opinion.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Cooldemon later concluded that both of it is aura/spiderweb of a wall.

But i guess you like only comments made by people who aren't against your opinion.

they're all the same in dmc 3/4 a red/blue spider-web or ghostly kind of wall stopped you and when you tried to go further in a hand come grabs you and depletes your health
I would have loved to see a demon's claw come and grab you and electrocute you ! in DMD mode

This one is the same black goo instead of red spiderweb nothing "new"

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
they're all the same in dmc 3/4 a red/blue spider-web or ghostly kind of wall stopped you and when you tried to go further in a hand come grabs you and depletes your health
I would have loved to see a demon's claw come and grab you and electrocute you ! in DMD mode

This one is the same black goo instead of red spiderweb nothing "new"
That's a innovative way. Imagine you fighting demons near the aura that is blacked. All of sudden while your busy fighting demons a claw comes out and tries to grab you and restrain you.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
That's a innovative way. Imagine you fighting demons near the aura that is blacked. All of sudden while your busy fighting demons a claw comes out and tries to grab you and restrain you.
that happens with the doors in 3 i believe

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

I always wanted that to happen the plain human hand kinda seems bland you are cornered by demons why is a human red hand stopping you ?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
The demon doors were in all previous dmc games. And its the same with DmC except pathways are blocked, not just doors and there really is no telling what else could be blocked considering the new engine.

The preview of this game gave little to no new info about it. But it did give the game its praises for certain elements that should have been made long ago in the series. And if ign did get paid for it then they made a quick buck because everything said about DmC is already known.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh IGN......oooooh IGN. How dumb are you?

They like to kiss ass. I'm excited about the game, but atleast I won't praise THAT much.

Woah wait a second IGN were the same people who said dark souls would be better than skyrim
when it comes down to reviews ign are reliable when you
balance the writer review with the user review
but when it comes to articles I go straight to cracked.com

so here are my reasons it's gonna suck
1. No Dante
Dante has been the protagonist of devil may cry since the first and even during 4 Dante was one of the main protagonist and dante has always been about cool and that's what this new Dante is supposed to be according to tameem
in other words this new Dante says smoking (one of the easiest ways to get cancer) is cool
2. Unreal engine
unreal is great for shooters but when it comes down to hack and slash , the outcome will be terrible
and I have to remind you that it ports terribly to ps3 ( luckily I own a 360 and a ps2 to play 3 and 4) majority of the dmc games were for ps2
3. Demon and angel mode
tameem said that certain weapons were exclusive to demon mode sand certain weapons to angel mode
as far as I can tell that means ”you haz t0 g0 into d3v1l tr1gger to us3 c3rtain w3apons n00b l0l0l"

As far as ninja theory is concerned all 3 of these complaints are
about the hair

Those the only reasons you think it sucks? I expected better then that. Like the enviornment, or the change of story. Let me bring light on this (Even though I know it won't change your mind ;);

1.) That is Dante, no matter what you say. You can say it's not, but it will be Dante anyway. And if I remember correctly, if smoking isn't cool, then why are stupid popular teenagers trying to do it to "Look Cool?"

2.) Unreal engine can work for PS3 too. If it works for shooters on PS3, it can do the same for hack n' slash. To me, the speed of the gameplay is kind of like Kingdom Hearts. (Which is way more popular then DMC.)

3.) I don't remember him saying specificly that some weapons will be only for devil trigger. That's more of an assumption then actuallity. What he ment was that some weapons are part of the angelic weapondry and some are for the demonic. You don't have to go into DT to use some of them, or at least he hasn't said you had too.

So that's all I have to say. I know you probably won't change your mind, but I just like to reply.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

Like the enviornment, == you're only take the sole good point about this DmC !!
the change of story = it already had one

1.) That is Dante, no matter what you say. You can say it's not, but it will be Dante anyway. And if I remember correctly, if smoking isn't cool, then why are stupid popular teenagers trying to do it to "Look Cool?"
that's just because they're stupid and watch too much movies and are obsessed with them :D

2.) Unreal engine can work for PS3 too. If it works for shooters on PS3, it can do the same for hack n' slash. To me, the speed of the gameplay is kind of like Kingdom Hearts. (Which is way more popular then DMC.)
KH you're kidding you aren't really DMC vetran fan ! he is 20% slower in walking/running compared to DMC and comabat its so heavy in Hack'n'slash games you can't just sue play it like shooters just aiming and watching heads explode or like RPG(KH) which has a slower gamepaly due to the fact that its just light Action RPG not constant action on screen

3.) I don't remember him saying specificly that some weapons will be only for devil trigger. That's more of an assumption then actuallity. What he ment was that some weapons are part of the angelic weapondry and some are for the demonic. You don't have to go into DT to use some of them, or at least he hasn't said you had too.
I don't get what he says anyway i'll just wait for a proper demo as for me it must run faster As much as possible otherwise it can suck it

So that's all I have to say. I know you probably won't change your mind, but I just like to reply.

Top Bottom