• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's True Mission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Final Offer

Egzactly he douesnt use gunz and lik to use samrai swords so honur and stuf. Jus like ninja...they wer alwayz honurable too, jus like samrai.
Katana = Honur

I like how all these delusions about Vergil fighting fair and wanting to avenge Eva contradict with so many of Vergil's in-game actions.
1. Using his mother's beloved family heirloom as a means to commit genocide
2. Proceeds to avoid "dirty tricks or cheap tactics" by opening the hellgate, intending to doom hundreds upon thousands of innocent men, women and children to being devoured by demons without a fair chance or fight.
3. Decides to test his newly-obtained gauntlets by beating and bludgeoning the body of his freshly-killed opponent (because that truly embodies a warrior's mutual respect for his enemy's body...just desecrating his corpse before it's been on the ground for more than five minutes).

Vergil, honorable? That's hilarious.
If he slicks back his hair every five minutes and prefers swordsmanship to gunplay, that's just his fanboyish attempts to mimick his father, Sparda's habits. There's nothing honorable or noble in a single thing he does. Remember when Dante condemned Mundus for dishonorably killing his own subordinate in DMC1? Vergil turns around and does the same thing to Arkham...and suddenly that's viewed as honorable?

Contradictions, contradictions...

Again, I don't know if you guys are aiming at me for having a theory about Vergil's character, but again I said from a human's perspective it isn't honorable. If it were him killing demons then it would be honorable right?

1. First off, it's a key and without the key he can't do anything to move forward or make any moves against demons. He isn't thinking about his mother at the time, all he knows is that she may have given it to them to keep it hidden in plain sight. But in the end Vergil made sure NOBODY took it from him. Wanna know why?

2. Oh no, the humans that may be demons in disguise are at risk. Too bad there is no real source for Vergil knowing the tower was going to level that town...but didn't care because of his quest for power or could it be to finally finish off Mundus? If he stopped Mundus, then demons could be stopped as well?

3. Wrong. Beowulf attacked from behind. This type of dirty fighting infuriated him and the existence of that being had to be wiped or he would've been smelling a corpse or it could've gotten in the way of his plans. Either way it was an unnecessary sight. Nothing wrong with that.

Vergil honorable? That's...probable in some aspects. Notice the theories?

Do I gotta derp it out for people? We all see him from different perspectives and if you can't respect that then you have no business being in here. Your justice isn't going to be the same as everyone elses'.

Also, the maggots don't even recognize how DmC's Vergil did his business to gaining his power. Everything he did to overthrow his competitor was for the greater good of the human world from his perspective. Hm, I wonder where they got that idea for Vergil's character from.

Somewhere in DMC 3 Vergil proved that he's willing to do anything to obtain power, even if it means teaming up with...that guy in the red.

jackpotshort_hq_sl.gif

But do any of you know why he wants power? What drives people to want power?

Oh look at that, I had to teach people to think outside of the box.​

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

This whole time we haven't been talking about theory. We've...well...at least I have been talking about how the game presents nothing more, and it's bad because we have to theorize most of what Vergil is.

Also, the argument about "demon honor" is really kinda silly. Changing the definition to suit your argument is...not really helpful. You can believe it if you want (headcanon), but sh!t bro, there's nothing in the franchise that ever had a kind of honor different from that of humans. Hell, Devil May Cry constantly goes to great lengths to beat us over the head with the idea that no one quality is owned by a particular race.

And DmC Vergil's plan of doing all that he did for the good of humanity isn't really a new thing. Plus, he thought that all humans were weak and expendable, and pretty much existed to be ruled. His belief was the same as Mundus' was. He didn't really care about the humans, he thought they were beneath him because he was a nephilim. His reasoning was "humanity can't protect itself, so I gotta rule it" is a very bland cover for his real thoughts on how insignificant he finds humans.

And once again - a code of conduct when it comes to battle =/= honorable intentions. Honor is about respect for yourself and others. Vergil just wants people to always fight to the best of their capabilities, without a crass weapon like a gun that takes no finesse and very little skill. Wanting a good clean fight doesn't make someone any less of a raging douchenozzle, the same as fighting dirty doesn't make someone any less of a charismatic altruist.

The Final Offer

2x :This whole time we haven't been talking about theory. We've...well...at least I have been talking about how the game presents nothing more, and it's bad because we have to theorize most of what Vergil is.

That mystery is why I made this thread. I don't mind it being there for us to theorize, obviously, we want more Vergil.

2x: Also, the argument about "demon honor" is really kinda silly. Changing the definition to suit your argument is...not really helpful. You can believe it if you want (headcanon), but sh!t bro, there's nothing in the franchise that ever had a kind of honor different from that of humans. Hell, Devil May Cry constantly goes to great lengths to beat us over the head with the idea that no one quality is owned by a particular race.

If it's from Vergil's perspective...what do you think he's saying to himself? "This is right."

2x: And DmC Vergil's plan of doing all that he did for the good of humanity isn't really a new thing. Plus, he thought that all humans were weak and expendable, and pretty much existed to be ruled. His belief was the same as Mundus' was. He didn't really care about the humans, he thought they were beneath him because he was a nephilim. His reasoning was "humanity can't protect itself, so I gotta rule it" is a very bland cover for his real thoughts on how insignificant he finds humans.

To save billions, he has to sacrifice thousands. Then so be it. We don't truly know how he feels about humans in any of the games.

2x: And once again - a code of conduct when it comes to battle =/= honorable intentions. Honor is about respect for yourself and others. Vergil just wants people to always fight to the best of their capabilities, without a crass weapon like a gun that takes no finesse and very little skill. Wanting a good clean fight doesn't make someone any less of a raging douchenozzle, the same as fighting dirty doesn't make someone any less of a charismatic altruist.[/QUOTE]

I believe the Nelo Angelo version is the one I pinned respect to recently. Giving everyone a fair fight is showing respect for their power levels or lack there of. Again, different perspectives.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That mystery is why I made this thread. I don't mind it being there for us to theorize, obviously, we want more Vergil.

And that's fine, but me getting into an argument about theory versus fact was my own head-against-the wall thing. Sorry that got out of hand.

If it's from Vergil's perspective...what do you think he's saying to himself? "This is right."

But thinking what you do is "right" is different from perceptible qualities of honor. Even thinking I have honor doesn't make it correct. I can think I'm the Queen of the Nile, and that doesn't make it true :p

Vergil doesn't even have to really think something specific about his actions, because to think "What I'm doing is right" is to have an opinion, and Vergil has never really seemed the kind of guy to be bothered with opinions or justifications, for that matter.

To save billions, he has to sacrifice thousands. Then so be it. We don't truly know how he feels about humans in any of the games.

But he wasn't doing it to really save them - humanity were his subjects. He was willing to sacrifice his subjects in his own quest for power. Humanity's value to him were that they were something he could rule over, because as a nephilim he thought he was better than everyone else.

I believe the Nelo Angelo version is the one I pinned respect to recently. Giving everyone a fair fight is showing respect for their power levels or lack there of. Again, different perspectives.

But that's the thing - wanting a clean, fair fight isn't exactly about honor, it's about having a fight with no shenanigans. There's a little bit of respect to it, yeah, because you want to be respected for your strength alone, but that doesn't really translate outside of combat. Vergil certainly didn't show respect to anyone he came across in DMC3, other than Dante, it would seem.

The Final Offer

2x:And that's fine, but me getting into an argument about theory versus fact was my own head-against-the wall thing. Sorry that got out of hand.

But thinking what you do is "right" is different from perceptible qualities of honor. Even thinking I have honor doesn't make it correct. I can think I'm the Queen of the Nile, and that doesn't make it true :p

Vergil doesn't even have to really think something specific about his actions, because to think "What I'm doing is right" is to have an opinion, and Vergil has never really seemed the kind of guy to be bothered with opinions or justifications, for that matter.

Yes, but if he is, we wouldn't know. We can only think that.

2x: But he wasn't doing it to really save them - humanity were his subjects. He was willing to sacrifice his subjects in his own quest for power. Humanity's value to him were that they were something he could rule over, because as a nephilim he thought he was better than everyone else.

Ah so glad we got here. DmC Vergil's humanity is deteriorating. He erased his memories in the prequel and has no recollection of what the Devil Trigger does to him. With that being said, his value in human life dwindled and he became incapable of seeing what love he has for Kat. So, at first, Vergil was with humanity and was cleansing Limbo because I theorize that he knew that defeating Mundus would cause it to clash with the human world.

2x: But that's the thing - wanting a clean, fair fight isn't exactly about honor, it's about having a fight with no shenanigans. There's a little bit of respect to it, yeah, because you want to be respected for your strength alone, but that doesn't really translate outside of combat. Vergil certainly didn't show respect to anyone he came across in DMC3, other than Dante, it would seem.

In DMC 3 all he came across were demons, half demons, a demon hunter (In which he spared.), and a wannabe demon. Also, it's never stated that Vergil did kill the people of that town and the game certainly doesn't show people being killed. It looked like that area was vacant.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
1. First off, it's a key and without the key he can't do anything to move forward or make any moves against demons. He isn't thinking about his mother at the time, all he knows is that she may have given it to them to keep it hidden in plain sight. But in the end Vergil made sure NOBODY took it from him. Wanna know why?​
So he essentially wants to taint a family heirloom by using it as a means to unlock the Hellgate---the polar opposite of what Eva or Sparda would want. Isn’t that like using your parent’s house for a Satanic Ritual? And yes, in the end, he wanted to keep the Amulet because it, in his own words, “belongs to a Son of Sparda.” With his obsession with being just like his father, I’m not surprised he clutched the thing like a third hand.
2. Oh no, the humans that may be demons in disguise are at risk. Too bad there is no real source for Vergil knowing the tower was going to level that town...but didn't care because of his quest for power or could it be to finally finish off Mundus? If he stopped Mundus, then demons could be stopped as well?
You’re going to sit there, and tell me that EVERY SINGLE PERSON occupying the same city as Dante---the city that, mind you, has been proven in DMC1 and in the animated series to be overflowing with naïve, human bystanders with no role in the demonic events converging around them---is actually a demon in disguise? I…I hope to God you aren’t being serious. If everyone populating the city were actually concealed demons, why would Dante be going out of his way to protect them as the sole defense of the domain? Why would he have the Devil May Cry business at all? Hell, why would Sparda take up his sword to defend a race of humans that were actually demons all along? You talk like the population of the city are almost all demonic humans….when in fact, dismissing them as just human would imply a plot-hole big enough to fly Griffon through.

3. Wrong. Beowulf attacked from behind. This type of dirty fighting infuriated him and the existence of that being had to be wiped or he would've been smelling a corpse or it could've gotten in the way of his plans. Either way it was an unnecessary sight. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh, my mistake. Let me see if I remember correctly: Beowulf attacks Vergil, Vergil defeats him, obtains his light gauntlets---and then proceeds to kick around, bludgeon and essentially tap-dance on his bleeding remnants. Because nothing spells honor than slamming your fists and literally river-dancing atop of your enemy’s freshly-slain corpse.​
Do I gotta derp it out for people? We all see him from different perspectives and if you can't respect that then you have no business being in here. Your justice isn't going to be the same as everyone elses'. But do any of you know why he wants power? What drives people to want power? Oh look at that, I had to teach people to think outside of the box.

I’m not disrespecting your interpretation of the character….I’m just reminding you that it’s a little hard to justify the actions of someone who not only possesses the amount of honor a psychopath has when he slits his sleeping victim’s throats. He might be doing the things he does to fill some non-existent void within himself to avenge Eva (which I doubt, given his disdain towards his human heritage to begin with), or to extract revenge upon Mundus. His ends do not justify the means at all. I’ve harbored my own level of criticism for Dante, but I’ll admit that his means of pursuing Mundus are far more honorable than Vergil’s. He’s not bringing humans into his personal conflicts by dragging them into an apocalyptic attempt to pry open the Hellgate, search for Mundus, and nonchalantly unleashing hell upon the unknowing human beings occupying the earth. He’s just hunting demons one at a time until he finds a trail towards the Demon Emperor himself. Vergil is literally condemning hundreds of thousands to a gruesome death for his own, selfish pursuit. Embracing his perspective on the matter doesn’t relieve the weight of murder and malice from his hands. By that logic, characters like Marvel’s Magneto Berserk’s Griffith, and FFVI’s Kefka are all in the same circle of justifiable, misunderstood, self-deluded cherubs. The only different thing DmC Vergil did was using honeyed words and visionary claims to shroud his intentions to enslave and rule humanity.

Do we know why Vergil wants power? Absolutely not. Heaps of dust-covered dinosaur bones are less cryptic and unexplained than Vergil’s origins or true intentions. No one can assume anything about why he does the things he does, but that doesn’t mean we can justify what he’s doing. There’s understanding where a person gets their resolve, and then there’s turning a blind eye to immoral actions and attempted genocide. You’re doing the second to an almost desperate degree to understand the first, all while wailing about motivation and origins that don’t even exist in Vergil’s character. You aren’t teaching anyone to think outside a box…you’re keeping your cognitive thinking locked away within a figurative box of denial and head-canon.

And the worst part about it, is that you’re not only justifying what Vergil is doing, you’re saying that he’s also doing it honorably. By dishonoring his parents’ legacy, attempting to kill his own sibling, for stomping on his own subordinates like roaches (something I noticed you didn’t address in your counter-argument, btw) and dismissing humanity as a necessary causality to fulfill his own selfish means.

I can’t facepalm any harder without fracturing my skull.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yes, but if he is, we wouldn't know. We can only think that.

And theorizing whatever is fine and dandy. My whole point is people are using theory and headcanon as facts, when they're not.

Ah so glad we got here. DmC Vergil's humanity is deteriorating. He erased his memories in the prequel and has no recollection of what the Devil Trigger does to him. With that being said, his value in human life dwindled and he became incapable of seeing what love he has for Kat. So, at first, Vergil was with humanity and was cleansing Limbo because I theorize that he knew that defeating Mundus would cause it to clash with the human world.

The Order was always helping humanity, but Vergil was about helping himself. He erased his and Kat's memories because it was detrimental to him. He didn't want to risk using his Devil Trigger because of an intense need to save Kat out of love. He didn't so much care about losing his humanity as he did losing control at the time. Vergil says...

Vergil in the DmC comic said:
As long as you're by my side...our...feelings for each other can only be a weakness. If I'm forced to use my Devil Trigger to protect you again, the darkness in me...it would overwhelm me, overwhelm everything I feel for you. I can't take that risk.

In the game, Vergil constantly makes it abundantly clear about how the nephilim aren't human, it stands to reason that he believes what he is consistently preaching to his own brother in the end.

Plus...the comic is shaky in its own right with contradictions.

In DMC 3 all he came across were demons, half demons, a demon hunter (In which he spared.), and a wannabe demon. Also, it's never stated that Vergil did kill the people of that town and the game certainly doesn't show people being killed. It looked like that area was vacant.

Every sentient thing that could be called a person that Vergil came across, he either cared little for, or ended up killing. He left Lady alone in the end because she wasn't worth it and there were more pressing matters at hand, because Arkham was on his way to steal the Force Edge. Yet, Vergil killed Arkham after he originally outlived his usefulness, and he nearly bisected Lady when she interfered with his and Dante's second fight. He. Doesn't. Care.

Vergil made Temen-ni-gru rise, infesting the town with demons. He didn't murder people on his own, but he certainly had no regard for anyone else. If he cared a lick about humanity, or anyone else for that matter, he would have stayed the demons from attacking the city. They clearly obey him (aside from the tower guardians).

The Final Offer

So he essentially wants to taint a family heirloom by using it as a means to unlock the Hellgate---the polar opposite of what Eva or Sparda would want. Isn’t that like using your parent’s house for a Satanic Ritual? And yes, in the end, he wanted to keep the Amulet because it, in his own words, “belongs to a Son of Sparda.” With his obsession with being just like his father, I’m not surprised he clutched the thing like a third hand.

They were given the heirloom to use it as they see fit. His parents are some people we don't know of. There could be a chance that they were even more messed up than you or anyone could think. But no, their great parenting is all headcanon. (Facepalm -1)
You’re going to sit there, and tell me that EVERY SINGLE PERSON occupying the same city as Dante---the city that, mind you, has been proven in DMC1 and in the animated series to be overflowing with naïve, human bystanders with no role in the demonic events converging around them---is actually a demon in disguise? I…I hope to God you aren’t being serious. If everyone populating the city were actually concealed demons, why would Dante be going out of his way to protect them as the sole defense of the domain? Why would he have the Devil May Cry business at all? Hell, why would Sparda take up his sword to defend a race of humans that were actually demons all along? You talk like the population of the city are almost all demonic humans….when in fact, dismissing them as just human would imply a plot-hole big enough to fly Griffon through.​

Um. Yes. Yes I can. DMC 3 takes place before either of those. On top of that, you're completely insane to think that demons aren't apart of the "Mass genocide" that Vergil is taking part in. Also, if you did know your ****, you'd know that demons are already influencing the human world. Seeing as Vergil killed a demon librarian in disguise. (Facepalm -1)

Oh, my mistake. Let me see if I remember correctly: Beowulf attacks Vergil, Vergil defeats him, obtains his light gauntlets---and then proceeds to kick around, bludgeon and essentially tap-dance on his bleeding remnants. Because nothing spells honor than slamming your fists and literally river-dancing atop of your enemy’s freshly-slain corpse.​
Kick him around is putting it narrowly. Vergil disposed of the body of a demon whom just tried to attack him from behind. How else could he have done it in anger? I suppose you'd suggest covering him with a sheet would suffice right? Maybe doing his demonic nails and calling him Tito. (Facepalm -1)

I’m not disrespecting your interpretation of the character….I’m just reminding you that it’s a little hard to justify the actions of someone who not only possesses the amount of honor a psychopath has when he slits his sleeping victim’s throats. He might be doing the things he does to fill some non-existent void within himself to avenge Eva (which I doubt, given his disdain towards his human heritage to begin with), or to extract revenge upon Mundus. His ends do not justify the means at all. I’ve harbored my own level of criticism for Dante, but I’ll admit that his means of pursuing Mundus are far more honorable than Vergil’s. He’s not bringing humans into his personal conflicts by dragging them into an apocalyptic attempt to pry open the Hellgate, search for Mundus, and nonchalantly unleashing hell upon the unknowing human beings occupying the earth. He’s just hunting demons one at a time until he finds a trail towards the Demon Emperor himself. Vergil is literally condemning hundreds of thousands to a gruesome death for his own, selfish pursuit. Embracing his perspective on the matter doesn’t relieve the weight of murder and malice from his hands. By that logic, characters like Marvel’s Magneto Berserk’s Griffith, and FFVI’s Kefka are all in the same circle of justifiable, misunderstood, self-deluded cherubs. The only different thing DmC Vergil did was using honeyed words and visionary claims to shroud his intentions to enslave and rule humanity.
So, Vergil knows what Dante is doing with his whole shop and sends Arkham over to INVITE Dante to the PARTY. You don't think Vergil is using Dante as a means other than to get the amulet? If that's the case, why doesn't he just attack him and defeat him quickly? Instead, Vergil allows Dante to gain his demonic power after defeating him. Do you understand where I'm going with this? If not (Facepalm -1)

Do we know why Vergil wants power? Absolutely not. Heaps of dust-covered dinosaur bones are less cryptic and unexplained than Vergil’s origins or true intentions. No one can assume anything about why he does the things he does, but that doesn’t mean we can justify what he’s doing. There’s understanding where a person gets their resolve, and then there’s turning a blind eye to immoral actions and attempted genocide. You’re doing the second to an almost desperate degree to understand the first, all while wailing about motivation and origins that don’t even exist in Vergil’s character. You aren’t teaching anyone to think outside a box…you’re keeping your cognitive thinking locked away within a figurative box of denial and head-canon.
Oh my, look at me theorizing. I better stop thinking there's something more to Vergil than what I was given. He doesn't have a reason as to why he wants power or why he goes about waking up in the morning. (Facepalm -1)​

And the worst part about it, is that you’re not only justifying what Vergil is doing, you’re saying that he’s also doing it honorably. By dishonoring his parents’ legacy, attempting to kill his own sibling, for stomping on his own subordinates like roaches (something I noticed you didn’t address in your counter-argument, btw) and dismissing humanity as a necessary causality to fulfill his own selfish means.

I've proven time and time again why I believe Vergil did the things he did and considered them honorable. Dishonoring his parents' legacy? Attempting to kill his own sibling? You mean the guy who keeps getting in his way? The guy who always attacks FIRST?

Dismissing humanity...
SILENCE!
Hey guys Vergil didn't like humanity.
Nero-breaks-down.gif

Oh hey...Vergil's...half demon.....half human son...

I can’t facepalm any harder without fracturing my skull.
According to all of this. You didn't facepalm at all. You damn liar.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

And theorizing whatever is fine and dandy. My whole point is people are using theory and headcanon as facts, when they're not.

The Order was always helping humanity, but Vergil was about helping himself. He erased his and Kat's memories because it was detrimental to him. He didn't want to risk using his Devil Trigger because of an intense need to save Kat out of love. He didn't so much care about losing his humanity as he did losing control at the time. Vergil says...

In the game, Vergil constantly makes it abundantly clear about how the nephilim aren't human, it stands to reason that he believes what he is consistently preaching to his own brother in the end.

Plus...the comic is shaky in its own right with contradictions.

Every sentient thing that could be called a person that Vergil came across, he either cared little for, or ended up killing. He left Lady alone in the end because she wasn't worth it and there were more pressing matters at hand, because Arkham was on his way to steal the Force Edge. Yet, Vergil killed Arkham after he originally outlived his usefulness, and he nearly bisected Lady when she interfered with his and Dante's second fight. He. Doesn't. Care.

Vergil made Temen-ni-gru rise, infesting the town with demons. He didn't murder people on his own, but he certainly had no regard for anyone else. If he cared a lick about humanity, or anyone else for that matter, he would have stayed the demons from attacking the city. They clearly obey him (aside from the tower guardians).

HERE WE GO!

Were these demons attacking humanity?

How did Vergil control the demons?

If Vergil could control lesser demons at the time he made the tower rise, don't you think he could've had them wave off humans from the area?

Again, where were the humans? What's Vergil's kill count on humans anyway?

Also caring about humanity, who says he doesn't or can prove it?

If no one here is thinking about what his TRUE MISSION could be by now then what the **** else do I need to do? To get you guys to realize we have enough here to do it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Seeing as Vergil killed a demon librarian in disguise. (Facepalm -1)

One demonic librarian in the shaky canon of the manga is not quite indicative of an entire city infested with demons in disguise >.>

Kick him around is putting it narrowly. Vergil disposed of the body of a demon whom just tried to attack him from behind. How else could he have done it in anger? I suppose you'd suggest covering him with a sheet would suffice right? Maybe doing his demonic nails and calling him Tito. (Facepalm -1)

Why would Vergil bother disposing of a body...? Like, at all? He slew a handful of demons at the foot of the tower and just walked away.

Actually, it's a pretty big contradiction for the demon's body to hang around like a sack of giblets after turning into a Devil Arm...

Oh my, look at me theorizing. I better stop thinking there's something more to Vergil than what I was given. He doesn't have a reason as to why he wants power or why he goes about waking up in the morning. (Facepalm -1)

The theorizing isn't the problem! It's taking leaps and bounds in logic to justify things that contradict what little we know in the game itself!
I've proven time and time again why I believe Vergil did the things he did and considered them honorable. Dishonoring his parents' legacy? Attempting to kill his own sibling? Dismissing humanity...

SILENCE!

Hey guys Vergil didn't like humanity.

Nero-breaks-down.gif

Oh hey...Vergil's...half demon.....half human son...

The only thing we know less about than Vergil's background is any relation Nero somehow has to Sparda's lineage. We know he's got something to do with Vergil, but literally nothing adds up. You can't use Nero as a "Vergil liked humanity" point, because Nero's life is a gigantic question mark, even with a vaguely official statement from Capcom.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

Look, I'm enjoying this and all, but seriously, when will it end?

As for 2x, all you're arguing with is a list of things you thought Vergil had done or was going to do. You called him one dimensional and yet, here we are getting rid of your beliefs. Headcanon right?

The Wolf guy is just looking to find out where his happy place truly is.

This is just based off of what you've guys have been saying. Maybe that isn't your true intentions.

2x: Why would Vergil bother disposing of a body...? Like, at all? He slew a handful of demons at the foot of the tower and just walked away.

65gk.gif

You see the room? Vergil HAS to touch it's body in some way to get it out of there. Beowulf is the only demon I remember having the "Light" element. Maybe that's why he didn't decay rapidly? Yep and Vergil really doesn't like dirty tactics right? Touching such a senseless useless sack of ****'s body could've sent him over the edge.

Oh and the stench may be unpleasant.

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Were these demons attacking humanity?

YES! We see a blood-smeared Love Planet on the way to Temen-ni-gru. Where would that blood have come from, if not some gushy, meatbag humans?

How did Vergil control the demons?

I don't f#ckin' know >.< They bowed down to him because he has the power of one of the strongest demons that ever lived, or maybe because Vergil was the one to raise the tower? He sent Hells after Dante in Mission 1, and even a Vanguard in Mission 2, and after failing, the thing appeared before Vergil, pleading for forgiveness for failing. Why would a demon not under his control bother doing that?

The only demons Vergil ever encountered in Temen-ni-gru were some Abyss at the foot of the tower (which are actually from the underworld itself, not in the tower), and Beowulf, a guardian of the tower.

If Vergil could control lesser demons at the time he made the tower rise, don't you think he could've had them wave off humans from the area?

That's what I'm f#cking saying! If he gave a sh!t about humans, he would have told them not to attack humans, but he doesn't give a sh!t about humans, so he just let's them do whatever.

We see evidence of Vergil controller demons.

Again, where were the humans? What's Vergil's kill count on humans anyway?

Where were the humans? From a narrative standpoint, murdered or in hiding. From a development standpoint, they didn't bother modeling people who wouldn't be in the game, considering 90% of the game takes place in a demon tower that no human would or could get into.

Also caring about humanity, who says he doesn't or can prove it?

Probably the fact that he wanted to raise Temen-ni-gru, a tower that acted as a locked gate to the Underworld, and by unlocking it would unleash hell on earth, threatening the whole of humanity that his own papa went about trying to protect. A lot of signs point to him not giving a sh!t about anyone but himself, and if he's willing to kill someone who helped him but outlived their usefulness (Arkham), how would we think he feels about the whole of humanity who has no use to his plan at all...?

If no one here is thinking about what his TRUE MISSION could be by now then what the **** else do I need to do? To get you guys to realize we have enough here to do it.

You seem to be asking that people either agree with you or come up with other theories about why he was really raising the Temen-ni-gru, but all signs point to him doing it for the power. You ask for a "TRUE MISSION" as if what the game gives us is some elaborate ruse...

You want a deeper meaning, but maybe there just isn't a deeper meaning.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
As for 2x, all you're arguing with is a list of things you thought Vergil had done or was going to do. You called him one dimensional and yet, here we are getting rid of your beliefs. Headcanon right?

You're not getting rid of my beliefs because they are not my beliefs, they are sh!t the game tells us! Your list of things I'm arguing are all headcanon, things people want to believe are true but sometimes contradict what we can plainly see in the game.

65gk.gif

You see the room? Vergil HAS to touch it's body in some way to get it out of there. Beowulf is the only demon I remember having the "Light" element. Maybe that's why he didn't decay rapidly? Yep and Vergil really doesn't like dirty tactics right? Touching such a senseless useless sack of ****'s body could've sent him over the edge.

Oh and the stench may be unpleasant.

I'm not asking why he would touch it, I'm asking why he would bother disposing of the body. And if Vergil was simply pushing the body aside, then he wouldn't have gotten all f#ckin' flashy and stylish about it. All he had to do was push it aside, but instead desecrates the body by launching it into the air and needlessly slicing it into pieces with a bunch of kicks.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Here's the thing, most of what I have been saying is backed up by things in the game more strongly. My conclusions were drawn because of what I saw in the game, not some hopeful ideal of what kind of character I want Vergil to be and then explain his actions in the context of how I want them to fit what I believe. The idea that Vergil doesn't give two sh!ts about humanity is much easier to see with all the stuff he does in the game showing us that very fact.

Claiming Vergil is doing everything because of his mother's death requires a much greater leap in logic because they never mention Eva in the game, and extrapolation to justify it requires information from well outside the game he's actually in, and that's information that we still have very little on. On the other hand, evidence supporting that he doesn't care about anyone but himself is all over DMC3 by way of his actions that serve only his needs. He's cold and systematic, get in his way and your dead, stay out of his way or pose no threat, you're probably fine, because he thinks you're absolutely worthless.

Hell, we can't even be sure that Vergil liked Eva, he could just as easily thought she was a human weakling for getting killed and have been inspired to gather power to not end up like his mother. His mother's death could have motivated him to seek out power to never end up like his sh!t-stain of a mother who died so easily. Look at that, I came up with a theory that is at odds with the popular, overly romanticized one, that still has Eva's death as the inspiration for his actions.

The Final Offer

YES! We see a blood-smeared Love Planet on the way to Temen-ni-gru. Where would that blood have come from, if not some gushy, meatbag humans?

Please...please...don't start with the reaching. The whale demon squirted blood from it's eyes. Demons can be killing each other in the streets for all we know.

I don't f#ckin' know >.< They bowed down to him because he has the power of one of the strongest demons that ever lived, or maybe because Vergil was the one to raise the tower? He sent Hells after Dante in Mission 1, and even a Vanguard in Mission 2, and after failing, the thing appeared before Vergil, pleading for forgiveness for failing. Why would a demon not under his control bother doing that?

Yup yup.

The only demons Vergil ever encountered in Temen-ni-gru were some Abyss at the foot of the tower (which are actually from the underworld itself, not in the tower), and Beowulf, a guardian of the tower.

Yep and a demon hunter.

That's what I'm f#cking saying! If he gave a sh!t about humans, he would have told them not to attack humans, but he doesn't give a sh!t about humans, so he just let's them do whatever.

When did he let them do whatever? The whale demon didn't go anywhere but around the tower. The other demons just ambushed Dante and Lady.

Where were the humans? From a narrative standpoint, murdered or in hiding. From a development standpoint, they didn't bother modeling people who wouldn't be in the game, considering 90% of the game takes place in a demon tower that no human would or could get into.

You remember in DMC 2 the village with the old lady and everyone being in hiding right? There was no one on the street when Dante was driving and in DMC 1 it took place on a remote island.

Probably the fact that he wanted to raise Temen-ni-gru, a tower that acted as a locked gate to the Underworld, and by unlocking it would unleash hell on earth, threatening the whole of humanity that his own papa went about trying to protect. A lot of signs point to him not giving a sh!t about anyone but himself, and if he's willing to kill someone who helped him but outlived their usefulness (Arkham), how would we think he feels about the whole of humanity who has no use to his plan at all...?

Actually, Sparda sealed his power within the demonworld. The only people who could open it would be Dante or Vergil. You see where I'm going with this? He didn't bury the keys, he didn't hide them, he allowed them to be handed to his own sons.

Vergil's True Mission could've been to defeat Mundus and gain control over the demonworld the most powerful world in the DMC universe. He can have Dante close the gate behind him and rule over the humanworld (because Dante's weak like that). In the story, it's exactly what he let happen. Though, he failed on his end.

You seem to be asking that people either agree with you or come up with other theories about why he was really raising the Temen-ni-gru, but all signs point to him doing it for the power. You ask for a "TRUE MISSION" as if what the game gives us is some elaborate ruse...

You want a deeper meaning, but maybe there just isn't a deeper meaning.

Probability...percentage please?

The Final Offer

You're not getting rid of my beliefs because they are not my beliefs, they are sh!t the game tells us! Your list of things I'm arguing are all headcanon, things people want to believe are true but sometimes contradict what we can plainly see in the game.

You said that we can plainly see Vergil killing humans, Vergil not caring about humans, Vergil being one dimensional. Yet, I've proven all that to be headcanon.

I'm not asking why he would touch it, I'm asking why he would bother disposing of the body. And if Vergil was simply pushing the body aside, then he wouldn't have gotten all f#ckin' flashy and stylish about it. All he had to do was push it aside, but instead desecrates the body by launching it into the air and needlessly slicing it into pieces with a bunch of kicks.

Needlessly? He just got Beowulf! He seems to be warming up with them. Sliding the body aside would cause environmental complications or could cause a problem with the tower. We don't know. But we kinda know Vergil enough to know that there is A REASON he did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom