• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's True Mission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
His voice actor is actually Brad Swaile :D

I was going to reply saying this. :)

They do sound similar at some points though.

Holy sh!t, for real? They both have that same tone in their "intense voice". Crazy, hahaha.

You guys, if I didn't already watch DN, I would be so **** ****ed you spoiled it for me.

If you guys would so kindly place spoilers over actual spoilers, that'd be great.

Spoiler tags for a seven year old show? We talk ad nauseam about games younger than that. Methinks the statute of limitations is long since passed.

The Final Offer

Holy sh!t, for real? They both have that same tone in their "intense voice". Crazy, hahaha.

Spoiler tags for a seven year old show? We talk ad nauseam about games younger than that. Methinks the statute of limitations is long since passed.

So, me telling you I just saw DN, doesn't mean ****?

There are just some things that are way too awesome to spoil and DN is definitely in my top 100.

Now come over here so I can give you a Hulk nuggie.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Want me to spoil Shadows of Mordor?
Um... actually yeah, sure. I want to know what happens.

Oh, that was a rhetorical question. I see. :D

----------------------------------------------------------

Edit: To tell the truth, I'm not really all that invested in the story itself; I just think the main character is beyond awesome because of his wraith powers.

The Final Offer

Um... actually yeah, sure. I want to know what happens.

Oh, that was a rhetorical question. I see. :D

----------------------------------------------------------

Edit: To tell the truth, I'm not really all that invested in the story itself; I just think the main character is beyond awesome because of his wraith powers.

You damn straight I wasn't serious. All I'm asking is for others to at least show some respect. You knew from the last thread that I had just started watching Death Note. I mean seriously Frost, seriously?

That the lamest thing a person can do on the web besides hating on inanimate objects.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
... I was being sarcastic.

And it's just a spoiler. Relax.

I didn't even get all that upset when I found out about Persona 4 ahead of time.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The entire meat of the DN series was to find out what happens in the end. Will he or will he not?
But I thought it was obvious that he was going to die. There was a ton of foreshadowing.

What I didn't expect was for him to be outsmarted by... that THING WITH THE WHITE HAIR.

Seriously, I had nothing but dislike for him.

Light: "You have the nerve to wear a mask in L's image?? He's ten times the man you are." [paraphrased]

And he's right. That thing... no. Just no.

------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I mean, I didn't like Lawliet either, but at least I respected him (somewhat).

The Final Offer

But I thought it was obvious that he was going to die. There was a ton of foreshadowing.

What I didn't expect was for him to be outsmarted by... that THING WITH THE WHITE HAIR.

Seriously, I had nothing but dislike for him.

Light: "You have the nerve to wear a mask in L's image?? He's ten times the man you are." [paraphrased]

And he's right. That thing... no. Just no.

If I was just on say the first 4 episodes and you tell me that he's going to die at the end. Then there's none of that hope of him living while watching it. You know he's going to die, but you don't know how. You see what I'm saying? You're waiting for it to happen.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
You're waiting for it to happen.
I understand.

But I would've been even more disappointed if he had ridden off into the sunset in some cheaply executed "happy ending" like in Lost or something.

Oh, and spoilers for Lost. :)

Last edited:

The Final Offer

I understand.

But I would've been even more disappointed if he had ridden off into the sunset in some cheaply executed "happy ending" like in Lost or something.

Oh, and spoilers for Lost. :)
-Bills-v-s-Gotenks-dragon-ball-z-35969647-500-288.gif

So now you basically back down on your own words. You just said his business already existed, now you just make 180° and start telling it doesn't matter...ok :p

There is not a single source that can confirm what happened prior an year. And there should have been some point where their opinion divided. Because you know, otherwise there weren't even ideals to part them
In that concern, the manga for DMC3 covers the prior interaction from the previous year

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Vergil is a one dimensional power hungry d0uchebag. Simple as that. He was never written well nor given any actual development. Anything more you people think about him are just your head canons and that doesn't mean it's true.

Light Yagami is a character that has SO MUCH MORE depth than Vergil ever will. They are not alike. Light is a very misguided and just corrupted soul.

Light is sort of a victim as well as a villain.

He started out with what he thought were noble intentions but, it eventually led him to being just down right cruel. He just started getting rid of anyone who opposed him and went against his very own moral ideal of being this savior and dark protector. He had a god complex and an ego.

If Light never picked up a Death Note he would have went on to become a great man. Most likely working side by side with L instead of against him. But as soon as he picked up that notebook he was basically doomed.

Vergil is not noble. He's not honorable. Liking swords does not make you honorable, it just shows you personally dig swords. He hates his humanity. He knowingly, for just a power up, will destroy it without hesitation or remorse. One boring, power hungry villain. Vergil couldn't get more generic if he tried.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
cuz he's a samurai and hates guns. gawd, ur such a noob DmC lover.
Egzactly he douesnt use gunz and lik to use samrai swords so honur and stuf. Jus like ninja...they wer alwayz honurable too, jus like samrai.
Katana = Honur
Vergil is not noble. He's not honorable. Liking swords does not make you honorable, it just shows you personally dig swords. He hates his humanity. He knowingly, for just a power up, will destroy it without hesitation or remorse. One boring, power hungry villain. Vergil couldn't get more generic if he tried.
I like how all these delusions about Vergil fighting fair and wanting to avenge Eva contradict with so many of Vergil's in-game actions.
1. Using his mother's beloved family heirloom as a means to commit genocide
2. Proceeds to avoid "dirty tricks or cheap tactics" by opening the hellgate, intending to doom hundreds upon thousands of innocent men, women and children to being devoured by demons without a fair chance or fight.
3. Decides to test his newly-obtained gauntlets by beating and bludgeoning the body of his freshly-killed opponent (because that truly embodies a warrior's mutual respect for his enemy's body...just desecrating his corpse before it's been on the ground for more than five minutes).

Vergil, honorable? That's hilarious.
If he slicks back his hair every five minutes and prefers swordsmanship to gunplay, that's just his fanboyish attempts to mimick his father, Sparda's habits. There's nothing honorable or noble in a single thing he does. Remember when Dante condemned Mundus for dishonorably killing his own subordinate in DMC1? Vergil turns around and does the same thing to Arkham...and suddenly that's viewed as honorable?

Contradictions, contradictions...

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
If he slicks back his hair every five minutes and prefers swordsmanship to gunplay, that's just his fanboyish attempts to mimick his father, Sparda's habits.

And yet, ironically, Sparda used the sh!t out of firearms with Luce & Ombra :p

So the only thing they denounced as canon was DMC1 manga? :(

This is why the classic Devil May Cry canon is so borked - the constant changing of hands the franchise went through gave birth to so many different things that simply do not fit together. While each piece is easily enjoyable on its own, trying to put it all together is a fool's errand. Square pegs can't fit into circular holes :/

Heck, DMC3 itself jiggers the DMC1 novel up, and I think at the time "A year since we last met" was supposed to be a reference to it - and they still got it wrong!

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Vergil's true mission? hmm I'd say it would be something along the lines of Eat, Sleep, Conquer, Repeat.....as you can see that went swimmingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom